“Highly recommended” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Belogna Ikons

Belogna Ikons
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Belogna Ikons is a stunning development with every attention to detail. The workmanship is amazing (even the hinges are handmade!) The pool is fantastic, and the whole complex immaculate. We stayed with our 4 children aged 2-10 & all had a fantastic time. We met other families but still felt we had space and rarely were there more than 1 or 2 families using the pool at once. You need a car but the villas are well located to reach the beaches within a 10min drive & also easily explore the villages & historical sites. Service was great & the team even helped us source & have delivered an iPad charger. Thank you to Christos, Maria, Iakovos and Yorgos - we had a truly wonderful holiday.

• Stayed August 2013

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Greek first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

This is the perfect place to stay. Away from the town and the crowds. The property is immaculately maintained and staff are friendly and always ready to answer any questions and offer great suggestions on what to do and where to eat. We highly recommend you stay at Belogna Ikons :-)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

Beautiful views with very good and friendly service. Nice basket with coffee and other goodies when we arrived. Everything was nice and clean and lots of kitchen amenities. Would have liked sceens on windows to get fresh air at night but keep out the cats (I love cats, but I think these are strays) etc. Pickup and drop off service on time and friendly. Definitely need a car to get around here, which was graciously arranged for us.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank YYCKaren
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013

We stayed at the Belogna Ikons late August 2012 for 6 nights. Their facilities are immaculate and spectacular!!! We were a party of 7 people and my husband and I decided to go to Naxos with our 2 kids (7 & 4 yrs. old), our niece (20 yrs. old), nephew (17 yrs. old) and my mother. The location of the Belogna Ikons is perfect! It is just a 10 min. drive to any beautiful beach or to Naxos City. The views were breathtaking and it felt like your villa was the only one there. We would stay out on the patio every night and it felt like we were right at home.

Belogna Ikons architecture is extraordinary! The property is very beautiful offering magnificent views of Naxos City and the Aegean Sea. The pictures do depict the property as it is, but cannot justify its beauty! In my opinion it can only be justified by physically being there and experiencing it.

The place was very clean and nicely laid out. Our villa was a 2 bedroom villa with 2 bathrooms, a sitting area, spacious kitchen, a balcony and an air condition in both bedrooms and common living area. Every detail was taken into consideration while building these villas. The management did put 2 daybeds in the living area in order to accommodate us. Even though 7 people shared one villa, we did not feel crowded at all. Their pool is the nicest pool we have ever gone swimming in and it is perfect for kids and adults. The staff was friendly and professional. Our villa was cleaned everyday (excluding the dishes) and they also washed your clothes if you asked.

We had a car the first day of arrival and Christos helped us with our luggage to our villa and gave us an orientation of the property and of Naxos. We found this very helpful. Naxos is not a difficult island to get to know and in a day we found that we did not need a map to get around the island anymore. Our favourite beach was Agia Anna.

I am fortunate to say that my family and I have travelled to 5 + star all-inclusive resorts, such as Sandals and the Beaches, by far Belogna Ikons was the prettiest, cleanest and the most beautiful place we have stayed in. One thing we loved about Belogna Ikons was that even though you had other guests sharing the property, you had your privacy and you had the feeling of how locals live in such a beautiful place.

There are just 2 more points I would like to make, one on Belogna Ikons and another about travelling around Greece in general:

1. Belogna Ikons: They do not have any safes at the villas and at first, I felt a bit nervous about leaving valuable items laying around… such as laptops, cameras, passports, money etc. I just want to say that nothing went missing when we were not at the villa and everything was exactly the way we left it.

2. Travelling around Greece in general: As we all know, Greece as a country and their people are going through a very difficult time. We stayed 3 weeks in Greece this past August and travelled to various places. We went to Athens, Thessaloniki, Egina, Naxos, Santorini, Kastoria and Florina. Not one time did we ever feel unsafe in all those places that we visited. In the contrary our experience with Greece and the Greek People was very pleasant. Their hospitality and the love they showed tourists who showed compassion, respected the beauty and the rich history of their country, was much appreciated and left a memorable mark not only in my husbands and my life but also on our 2 little kids.

At this time I would like to thank Iakovos, Maria, Christos and Georgios for their hospitality during our stay at Belogna Ikons.

We definitely recommend this property and hope that one day we will be fortunate enough to be able to go back.

3 Thank Joanne_H_2013
Rueil Malmaison
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

We stayed in Belogna Ikons during 11 days in august and were very satisfied with all the amenities and services offered in the apartments ; our kids made lot's of friends and really enjoyed the pool which was absolutely fabulous !
The apartment (a huge 2 bedrooms, each with a bathroom + kitcheen and living room + outside balcony) were very nice, large and well furnished with nice view on the pool or Naxos City.

Belogna Ikons is far from the center so you need a car rental but is then located in a very quiet location ! for all those reasons we recommend this place !

However, we were several times disappointed by the strange way of the owners to deal with problems.
The place, uphill, was very windy and many of the umbrellas were falling down all day long around the pool, making unsecured the place for everybody ... as well, one of our bedroom was located under the terrace of the above apartment where an umbrella was making noise all over the night because of this wind ! we gently asked for somebody to arrange this but no one treated it seriously, so we had one day to knock on our neighbours door at 11 pm ...

We were also asked the second day of our stay to pay the rest of the bill (we had already paid half of it upon booking...) ; the last day of our stay, we asked if it was possible to stay 2 nights longer but the apartment was already booked by others, so we were moved to the next apartment (a only one bedroom apartment) ; we were then supposed to pay the same price and when we tried to deal a better price because of the huge difference between those 2 apartments, the owner accepted it but then was mad at us for the rest of our stay ! We could recommend a better commercial attitude (as soon as he accepted the deal (he could always refuse it..) then the best thing would have been to assume it !

so Mr owner, let's take a managing training during the year coming and everything's would be nicer for everybody next summer !!!

ANYWAY, those vacations were one of the best we ever had ;)
Fabienne and Markus COLLET

4 Thank FabMacCollet
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

We are a couple with an 8year old daughter who stayed at villa 2A in July 2012. The entire complex is architecturally amazing and beautifully planted, there is unique craftmanship and attention to detail. It is also at a very convenient location to take trips to the town, the beaches and the mountain villages. Our villa had a stunning view to Naxos town and the sea, very much enjoyed from a tree shaded table at the large balcony/veranda. The pool is big (20m long) and ideal for windy days. The cleaning service was excellent and Christos, the on-site manager, was very helpful with all our requests and questions. We have been to Naxos before and have seen many hotels/villas; Belogna Ikons is a place of beauty and relaxation we warmly recommend.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Ioanna S
NYC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

Belogna Ikons is definitely a beautiful property with good views and nice "Greek Island style" design.
However, our experience there left us very dissatisfied because of how we were treated.
A rickety taxi picked us up from the ferry and when I asked the driver if we could secure our bags that were literally hanging out of the open trunk he told me that if they were damaged he would pay for them! Upon arrival we were treated by a "colleague of the owner" who brought the bags to our room. I didn't immediately like the view and asked if by any chance they had a room with a bigger view and his response was " you mean to tell me that this is not a good view?" From then on it was constant equivocation. When I asked if they had the rental car that I thought I had agreed that it would be organized for us I was told that I had not made that request. When I showed him my email he said that his interpretation was different. When I said that I felt as though he was trying to prove me wrong he asked me to apologize. And when I said that I didn't think I had done anything wrong and in any case in my view the customer is always right he answered that that's not how they view things.
He spend unnecessary time telling me where to shop for groceries but never told us anything about the pool operating hours, how to operate the air conditioning, how to turn the outdoor lights on/off, whether we would wash dishes or where the reception was. Most importantly never mentioned anything about check out time.
The air-conditioning was not working and he blamed the fuse box which I figured out that if I banged hard enough I could make it work. There was AC only in the bedroom and not in the living area where a member of our family was sleeping. As a result once the AC started working, the bedroom has super cold and the living room was hot. Incidentally I had asked when I made the reservation whether the 3 of us would be comfortable in the "villa" that they had recommended and I was told we would be very comfortable but because of the AC situation and also because it is not possible to leave the windows open in the villa, at least the temperature was a big issue for us. The TV had incredibly poor reception and as a result we were not able to watch the Olympics but he said there was nothing he could do. We found the pool not to be clean, we were never given amenities i.e. a replacement soap or shampoo until we asked for them and we didn't enjoy the ant colony in our kitchen. As it was always very windy I asked if someone could help us secure the umbrella. I was told someone would come over. Nobody came and the umbrella literally flew over. The hotel did help me get a rental car the next day (apparently there was no rental car to be found in the island but with 60 euros/night we were set!)
The day before our check-out that person called me and asked me to pay for the balance of my stay. When I asked why I had to pay a day before he said that he wanted to make sure that there was no issue with my credit card! He then proceeded to stay that "you have to be out of the room before 12 noon tomorrow because we are expecting others". I told him not to worry about my credit card as I had several and that I would only pay the day of departure. At 11:30 the day of departure I paid the bill and was never asked if we enjoyed our stay or if we needed help with our bags. The cleaning staff came to our room at 11:50 and told us that we needed to leave so they could clean. We dragged our bags down about 12 or so steps which was not difficult but was definitely not fun.
All in all the hotel claims to be "discreet luxury". I believe that they do not know how to run the hotel professionally and are even less interested in ensuring that their guests are taken care off and that they enjoy their stay. At least that was my experience and for that reason I cannot recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to have decent views.