When I originally planned a trip to the Cyclades, I knew about Mykonos and Santorini but not Naxos. I was glad that a friend talked me into staying in Naxos. My whole experience in Naxos was positive including the stay at the Nissaki Beach Hotel.
The hotel is located on the beach. The map in tripadvisor is not correct. While many commented about the sea weeds at the beach, they really don’t grow at the shallow part but were fragments washed in by the tide. During the four days, there were sea weed fragments at some area at the bottom the first two days, but the strong wave on the third day washed them away and there were none on the last two days. Also noted is that St. George Beach is a fine sand beach unlike other beaches with rocky bottoms and crushed pebbles. The beach in front of the hotel is protected from high waves and does not suddenly get deep like other beaches. While the hotel is surrounded by roads, there was hardly any traffic.
The Nissaki Beach Hotel is a modern boutique hotel with personal touches. The breakfast items changed every day for varieties. One could have breakfast inside, on the deck, or at a covered area on the beach. We always had our breakfast on the beach.
And finally, what made this hotel special were the staffs and the owner. The Papadopoulos were always around to make sure things ran smoothly. The front desk staffs were helpful. While other hotels had friendly front desk staffs, there was always something that they could not explain to me to my satisfaction. Despina at the front desk at Nissaki was a step above by being perspicacious in providing relevant advices by understanding the essence of the questions. With Despina, I did not have to worry about not having good guidebooks on where to go and eat in Naxos. She provided on the spot excellent recommendations on restaurants, how to get to places, and made calls to make sure the schedules worked out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nissaki Beach Hotel is situated on the sandy shore of Saint George beach on Naxos Island, a short walk to the seaport and Old City and offers its guests luxurious accommodations inspired by the elegance of Cycladic minimalism. The Hotel's restaurant serves tables at beachside and offers patrons delectable traditional and Continental cuisine made from local produce. Its location on the island and hospitable services will ensure a carefree vacation or business trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Bookgreece.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Nissaki Beach Hotel Naxos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nissaki Beach Naxos City
- Nissaki Beach Hotel Naxos City
- Nissaki Beach Hotel Naxos Greece