“Close to everything!”

Ranked #21 of 58 Hotels in Naxos Town
Maroochydore, Australia
“Close to everything!”
Reviewed 12 June 2012 via mobile

We were recommended this place and was truly wondering if the rates they were offering had a catch to it as it was so affordable after 40 days in Italy. George who picked us up at the ferry terminal had a huge smile and a warm welcome for us, great start I thought. When we arrived, we met his mother and saw the room, it was alright......whew! It was compact but it had everything we needed and wanted. We stayed for 4 nights and we enjoyed the location. My husband went to the beach close by to touch up on his tan and I stayed in the air conditioned room when it got too hot in the afternoons to chill. The wifi they had was great but sometimes the signal was weak. Overall I will admit, great price for what they offered but a little more space would have been better for us.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank KMSM44

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Horsforth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I am a regular island hopper, usually travelling in May when the flowers are in bloom, the sun isn't too hot, and the price of accomodation is affordable !
I do not have a large budget so I'm always on the look out for a bargain. Usually I don't book anywhere to stay until I actually arrive on an Island. However this year to while away some long cold Winter evenings I started to look at what was on offer "on-line" The price for rooms at Windmill Naxos caught my eye and I decided to go for it. I have to admit that I was not totally convinced that I was being wise, especially after reading some on the reviews here on TripAdvisor.
What a pleasant suprise this Hotel turned out to be. George was in contact with me on the days before my ferry arrived. He knew what time I docked at and was waiting for me. He was friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean with fresh bedding daily. There was air conditioning, a fridge, small cooker, and a balcony. None of this may sound exceptional but what makes it so is the price that I paid. It was truely one of the best bargains I have found on my travels to the wonderful Greek Islands.
There are still loads more Islands I want to get to, so I don't know if I will ever get back to Naxos. If I do you can be sure that I will go back to George's place.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Bri M
ontario
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Hello all:
We have stayed at Windmill the past three years (usually for 1 week or so) and plan to do so in coming years. Our host George and his Mom are simply wonderful. Rooms are of good value and well located ,,,, close to the town/harbour..... George meets the ferry on arrival and at departure... regarding the town/Island of Naxos .... a great place to experience Greece.

Take care
Brian & June Kelly

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jmkontario
London
Reviewed 23 July 2011

I stayed at Windmill for a week and found it a great place to have a relaxing, easy holiday. It's really close to walk to the beach (5 mins) and just off the main road so is quiet. Naxos town is quite small so it was only a 10 minute stroll into the centre and the main port which tended to be busier. As a single traveller I felt really comfortable at Windmill and in Naxos. The room was really clean with fresh bedding every day, air conditioning, and it was good to have facilities to cook and store food. It's good to have a baclony to sit out on. George and his mother were lovely and helfpul. I would definitely stay there again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank vickyGBLondon
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2011

This is a really lovely place to stay - very clean, quiet (mid-May 2011) convenient location. We'd go back in a flash. George and his Mama are a great team and will make you feel very, very welcome. They're lovely people, always smiling and very kind.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2011

We had a super time in the wind mill. Room where more then okay. Fridge was a good extra and that you could cook. Really staying there again some time..

• Stayed June 2011
Paris, France
Reviewed 21 September 2010

The place is a very good place to stay at. Good rates for travelling in September. Very kind welcoming.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
#1 of 58 in Naxos Town
Irini Studios
Irini Studios
#34 of 58 in Naxos Town

Been to Windmill Naxos? Share your experiences!