I tried to contact Antony studios during the winter to reserve our stay in July. It took quite a few tries and a few weeks before I received a reply. However, I found this to be the case in most of the places I tried to contact. It seems the smaller hotels close for the winter and it was no different for Antony Studios.
It is located 500 meters from the main town and 1000 meters from the sea port. It is an easy walk to restaurants and shops but does not have a sea view although it is only 50 meters from the beach. This part of town is much quieter than the main Chora but still has plenty of restaurants and small markets close by.
When we arrived, the owner Petros was not available. However he has a staff woman who does not speak English and she was present to let us into our room. Antony Apartments is in a separate building around the corner from Antony Studios where the main office is located. Our newly renovated room was spacious, clean and comfortable with good A/C. I read in previous reviews that our bedding would not be changed so I was not expecting it. The towels were changed daily but garbage removal and sweeping were left up to us. A full size fridge, stove/oven, and washing machine was in our apartment and the kitchen was minimally stocked with a few utensils and enough plates, cups for 4. The internet was not working and no one was available to instruct us on how to work the appliances. Breakfast is not included but there are a few small markets close by that have fresh bread, fruit and other supplies.
We finally Petros on the second day. He was very helpful and fixed our Wi-Fi connection and offered suggestions on activities and restaurants. We had a late departure flight and check out was at noon so Petros stored our luggage and provided access to washrooms/showers before our departure. He even drove us to the airport.
Overall our stay at Antony Studios/Apartments was alright. I give it a solid 3.5 stars. Petros and his staff woman were very helpful and caring…whenever they could be found. For most of the time we had to fend for ourselves. So if you’re OK with being independent, Antony Studios/Apartments is a clean, quiet and conveniently located accommodation at a reasonable cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy new Luxury suites and apartments in St. George Beach, only 30 meters from the sandy beach and 500 meters from the town center (seafront) which supplies all necessary facilities and night entertainment. All suites have a sideways sea view. Enjoy swimming in the crystal clear sea, relax watching the sunset and spend pleasant days and evenings at the beach bars, cafes and restaurants while our SPA facilities can help rejuvenate the body and senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Antony Suites & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Antony Studios Apartments Naxos
- Antony Suites & Residences Naxos, Greece