“Nice pool but rude ignorant owner”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Sagterra Studios

Sagterra Studios
Ranked #55 of 59 Hotels in Naxos Town
Ios, Greece
“Nice pool but rude ignorant owner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I stayed here last week. The room was nice with air conditioning. Wifi didnt work. Pool was closed one put of four days of us staying there. The place was very clean. However I have never felt less wanted by the hotel owner. She was rude amd ignorant. She snarled and grunted only. Her children seemed to do all the work. Overall she made the stay quite unpleasant and I wouldnt recomment the hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank maekenddns

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Greek first
Santorini, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

The best thing about this hotel, was the pool area! Lots of greenery and flowers, large pool, just lovely! Nice clean room. It had a kitchenette, but our dishes were not cleaned everyday like they are in the other Greek island hotels! We never saw the staff... except for their kids who seemed to be in charge!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Camilla H
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

I had a very pleasant stay in Hotel Sagterra.
The room was clean and basic but had everything you would need. However, the shower was tiny even by Greek standards!!
The garden and pool area is lovely, a real green oasis in the middle of the town.

The location was good however it is a 10-15 minute walk to the centre. A good supermarket is just across the road from hotel.

Overall a nice hotel and a good value place to stay in Naxos.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Jolly3009
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

My mother and me stayed 4 days in this hotel. Everything was very clean, the hotel is beautiful and full of flowers, the rooms are comfortable and the swimming pool is big enough. The best thing about the hotel is Mireila and her family. My mother fell during a trip and she took us to hospital, stayed with us, she even invited us for lunch. We really recommend this hotel for everybody!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Average location, possible to walk ti the beach and close to buses to agiana beach. Clean rooms and average pool. Family owned hotel with reserved (!) personel... Had to ask for everything bit personel helpfil upon request. We had a ground floor room next to the pool which we cannot recommend! No kitchen/pentry in our room even if this was soecified in booking! Air condition avaliable and included!

• Stayed July 2013
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

After reading some of the previous reviews I almost cancelled my booking at sagterra, but am pleased that I didn't. For the price this is a really good place to stay. It was great to have access to a pool, I was travelling on my own and had quite a large room with a really nice balcony overlooking the pool, the room was cleaned daily with fresh bedding, I asked for a room with a kitchenette and got one, the breakfast was a good continental buffet - yogurt, pastries, bread, eggs, ceral, cheese, ham etc. It's really close to the outdoor cinema, the bus stop to the other villages, and a short walk to the beach. The owners were quite reserved but helpful when I needed anything. Like other travellers I am not sure that they were expecting me when I arrived but this didn't cause any difficulties and they offered me a choice of rooms. For the price I was really pleased with my stay.

Room Tip: If you want a kitchenette and fridge then ask, they seem to have a mix of rooms with and without.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank vickyGBLondon
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012 via mobile

When we arrived at the sagterra studios, we were bewilded how quiet it was, the owner turned up at the desk around 5 mins after our arrival after his son went to fetch him. He spoke little english but enough to get us through, he took us to our room and gave no help with our bags, even though he could see us struggling. The room was very small and dark. There was a large balcony which over looked the pool area, however, it was in the direct sunlight for the whole day, so we could not sit out there untill after dark. The pool was nice, however, it did not have a filter so everyday, the manager would 'vacume' the bottom of the pool to clean it. I have no problem with this, however I do when he dicides to do this in the middle of the day so the pool was not in use for a few hours a day in the height of the summer! The outside of the apartments were very pretty and the flowers and foliage were very well kept and looked after. The best part of this hotel was the mini market across the road! The shower cirtain was ridiculous and used to flood the bathroom after every use! There was a strange ringing noise that used to go all night, preventing us from sleep, I think it was a water pump where they were washing the bed linen and towels while people sleep. The room was VERY clean all the time and bed linen and towels where changed daily. The breakfast was brilliant but the tables were very squashed together and there was hardly any room to walk round the back of people's chairs. The bus stop was a two minute walk away, which was opposite a bakery. In all, I would not reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012