“Bad wifi”

Aeolis Boutique Hotel
Ranked #23 of 58 Hotels in Naxos Town
“Bad wifi”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

They upgraded our room for free, because there was confusion on which room we had booked.
Breakfast was average, but good enough. They had 4-5 different wifi networks you could connect to, sadly none of them worked very good, so that's a major minus for me. Beds were pretty hard, but except from that the rooms are very nice, renovated newly (2011 I think). Towels were changed every day.

Room Tip: Upgraded our room for free, try it yourself!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Greek first
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I stayed at the Aeolis for one week. The room was clean and surprisingly quite being close to the city center. It has AC and free Wi-Fi. The bathroom was modern with shower. There were small bottles of shower gel, shampoo and body lotion (however I suspect there was gel in the shampoo bottle. At least my hair became unmanageable so I bought my own.)Towels were changed every day. There was a very small TV, but I never turned it on so I cannot say what were possible to see. Did not try the pool either, but it seemed very nice. At breakfast there were scrambled eggs, small sausages, vegetables, yoghurt, fruit, jam, ham and cheese. Good quality. Laundry service.
I enjoyed my stay here since it is so central. It is close to the city with all its restaurants and bars, and the beach is within walking distance to one of the many good beaches of Naxos. I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Hanica
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My friends and I moved to this hotel after staying at another place that was not clean enough for our standards. We were greeted by Stella, sweet little Greek lady who took care of us. The hotel is very close to the town square and only about a five minute walk from the beach. It is quiet, clean, and the rooms are modern and stylish. The icing on the cake, however, is the amazing shower! The price of the room is worth it for the shower alone...trust me! The price includes breakfast, which was always a nice array of breads, eggs, fruit, cheeses and lots of different types of coffee. Lovely management, nice pool, quiet location. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor facing south. Had a lovely balcony with the setting sun in the evenin...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Its the second time i stayed at this hotel and i hope that the third will be soon from now. Very clean spacious rooms, equiped with TV, air condition, free wifi and very comfortable beds. Bathroom was equiped with jacuzzi, clean and seems to have been recently refurbished. The decor was modern and the staff was very friendly. Last but not least the breakfast was amazing. The location was great in walking distance to St George Beach and to Naxos town. I recommend Aeolis hotel for all occasions.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed 11 October 2012

we stayed in this hotel for 2 nights
when we first arrived in the hotel midday there was no one at the desk. we waited for half an hour before we flagged the maid down who couldnt speak english but showed us to our room

the room was good but there was no handle on the bathroom door and the bathroom door was see though which was very off putting! we didnt see any other staff until we checked out when what appeared to be the hotel owner came up to us and thanked us for our stay and shook our hand.

the hotels is a 10 minute walk from the beach.
the pool is good and there is free wifi and a computer in the lobby

breakfast was average.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lady-Lefaye
Occold, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2011

We stayed at the Aeolis for one night on our way back to Athens from the back islands. As it is a central hotel in Naxos Town we would, of course, not want to stay here for 2 weeks but that is not the point - after all, I would not want to spend 2 weeks in Naxos Town full stop! It is a great place but it is a 2 or 3 night location at best en route to somewhere quieter.

Reception was fine and geared up for our arrival, we received a bottle of cold water and were shown to our very nice room, The bathroom was pretty luxurious by Greek standards although the shower control was a little hard to work out. There was a fridge and there was a small balcony - not much of a view admittedly but it was nice to have a little outside space. The main plus was the bed - beautifully comfortable and with super pillows ( a rarity in much of Greece).

The breakfast is buffet style and nicely set out. The owner (?probably) oversaw it when we were there and as far as we can tell she spoke only Greek. Unlike a previous reviewer, this is not likely to faze us - how many English hoteliers speak anything but English for gawd's sake?!! We got by perfectly adequately with our few words of Greek and the usual polite smiles and nods.

For a short stay in Naxos town close to all the harbour front action and to St George's beach, this is a perfectly good choice.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HertsBirdman
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 26 February 2010

Great hotel!! Great value for money!!, 5 star bath rooms, beautiful and spotless 4 star rooms and very friendly owner. Breakfast was good. I have visited this hotel on 3 occasions during the past two years and I will be going back again in June and September this year. On each occasion I was there with a group of 20 plus people and I did not receive one single complaint about the hotel in fact everyone spoke highly of the place. So this review is in actual fact from about 60 travellers. The only fault I could find was the noise from the road in front of the hotel but that is normal for all centrally located hotels .

• Stayed September 2009