“Loved staying here!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #42 of 58 Naxos Town B&B and Inns
Melbourne
“Loved staying here!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

I really liked this place. I did have a bit of trouble when I arrived off the ferry and nobody was there to pick me up, but that was because I had only booked that morning and they hadn't checked their bookings yet. So I walked but it was only 10 mins away so it wasn't a problem at all. I was in a dorm room but only one other girl was there so it was nice and quiet. The shower didnt have a curtain so it made the whole bathroom wet when you showered but apart from that the room and bathroom were fine. There was a little kitchenette in the room which was great and you could eat on the little terrace which I loved. It's very quiet in that area and the beds were comfortable. The place is only a few metres from a beach, and about 10 mins walk to the main village area and port. There is free wifi but only in the reception area which is in another building. When I left they offered to drive me to the port, though I chose to walk. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank meganrachael

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Greek first
Gold Coast, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2010

We had stayed one night in a very sub-standard room nearby and were so happy to happen upon Soula Hotel where we stayed for a couple of days in June 2008. The owner was friendly and stored our luggage until the room became available later in the day.

Great location just a short walk down to the beach. Lovely little balcony overlooking a quiet street. Our room was reasonably spacious with typical Greek style bathroom. Very clean. The room represented excellent value for money.

Free use of internet at the time of our stay.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2010

Central location, bike/car rentals, great restaurants and the beach nearby.
What else can you ask for? The place is recommended by some and quite easy to find.
Clean, spacy rooms with air conditioning, bathrooms and balconies make it pleasant, plus the building is separated from the main street, so it's all nice and quiet around there.
Staff in SOULA is very helpful (free transport from/to the Ferry Terminal provided) and overall I think this Hotel is a good value for money!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank bougainville30a
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2010

The hotel is located right in the center of the cute town of Naxos. It is near the beach, shops and restaurants. It is very basic, but a good value.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lunasi
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2010

My friend and I stayed at Soula for 10 days in May 2009. We were 21 at the time and it was our first trip on our own. We had been in Athens for a couple days and didn't enjoy the hostel we stayed in..but after Athens, Soula was amazing! While it is a budget-type hotel, it is clean, has enough towels, and enough bedding. There is a mini fridge, phone, TV, and patio set for your balcony. It is super close to everything you need...if you look at the pictures, you can see we could see the beach from our balcony. Just a couple meters away is a small supermarket you can get food from. There is a shuttle from the ferry port to the hotel, and they will come any time of day. My friend and I were supposed to arrive at 12am, but our ferry was delayed so we got there at 5 am, and they had no problem picking us up at that time. It wasn't high season when we were there, so the hotel wasn't very busy. Maybe a few other guests. There is at least 1 laptop in the lobby with free internet to use. The owner mentioned to us that in the summer, there are more available because of a higher demand. The hotel doesn't have a cerfew, we were out all night and would come back to our room periodically and we were never locked out.

The room we stayed in didn't have a kitchen, but there are others that do. This hotel has dorm rooms and private rooms (we stayed in private). I would love to stay at this hotel again the next time I am in Naxos.

I would recommend this to anyone who doesn't expect a 5 star hotel. It is basic, but really good for the price. (We paid about 25 euro a night)

About Naxos:
It's amazing! We ATV'd one day, went to St George beach, which is right beside the hotel, almost every day. The beach wasn't busy at all then, but it gets very busy and crowded in the summer. Old town is so quaint, you should definitely walk through there! Just go up uphill behind the shops all along the waterfront, you will find your way there. You can get a little lost but don't worry. You'll find your way out. There's shopping, but I found prices definitely more expensive than home (Canada) and I think more expensive than Athens. Naxos gyros are a must, I had some in Santorini and I think Naxos ones are the best :)

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank kks1987
Larnaka City, Cyprus
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2009

Nice location, just 25 meters to the beach, cafe and 2 restaurants, but our room was facing a complex. For us it was just a place to sleep, nothing romantic about it. We did not enjoy sitting in the porch.
The staff was cold but helpfull. We had to go to another complex for its free wi-fi.
Will recomment this for its price and location. It is also just a 10 minute walk to its port and center of cafes and restaurants.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank geonapa

Travellers are raving about these Naxos Town hotels

London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2009

The room was simple, very large, passably clean, very quiet, towels were decent but not great. This is reflected in the price.
One major drawback, was having to pay extra for airconditioning, although we only needed this because there was a foul stench in the hallways. Otherwise it was quite an airy room. I think the smell was caused by the cleaning products, whetever it was it was oppressive. All other aspects were fine, but not overly enjoyable either.
We were picked up from the port, the man was nice but then he didn't really speak to us either, just said hello.
Another drawback, was when it was time to check out, an elderly man was working in the reception and he spoke very little english, and there was a communication difficulty. Our ferry had been cancelled and we had managed to get a ticket for another one that was departing in half an hour, he didn't understand the urgency of our departure and I had difficulty getting him to call a taxi, when I realised it was useless to try and make him understand I wanted to get to the port. Thanks to waiter at Maro's who got us one in 5 seconds flat and wrapped up our food to take away in 5mins! (we were sitting in the cafe when hellenic seways called about the cancelled ferry) Definitely eat there, food was great and cheap, skip the Picasso mexican bistro, especially if you like your mexican LA style.
The hotel was in very good, quiet location, right near the beach, although not an overly nice beach. Agios Anna and Plaka are much better.

Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
#17 of 75 in Naxos Town
Depis Place
Depis Place
#21 of 58 in Naxos Town

Been to Soula Hotel? Share your experiences!