“Nice location, beautiful place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Irene Pension 1

Irene Pension 1
Ranked #10 of 58 Naxos Town B&B and Inns
Beersheba, Israel
“Nice location, beautiful place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

We had a very pleasant stay at the Irene 1. Port pickup was easy, and the owner was nice enough to give us local restaurant and attraction recommendations. He was very accommodating with any questions or requests we had. We also had homemade easter cookies waiting for us in our room! The room itself was well equipped with a nice kitchenette and all necessary utensils. It was clean and spacious. The whole property was well-maintained. Everything was walkable from Irene Pension 1! We were able to do a ton of sightseeing without any transportation needed.

Overall, we felt we got way more than we paid for. A very enjoyable stay on Naxos.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Greek first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Lovely place to stay for explore Naxos. We were met by the owner at the port who drove us to the hotel, and gave us overview of places to visit and how to get around in Naxos. The owner also gave us some home made biscuits and eggs (it was around Easter time) which was a nice personal touch. The room was nice with a small balcony. There was also a small hob, sink and fridge for longer stays. There are some lovely restaurants located nearby. All in all, this was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Hampshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

An affordable place to stay in a lovely peaceful area of Naxos.A short walk of 5 minutes to to town and main square where you will certainly find a restaurant to suit your tastes if not then there are plenty down by the port.
The rooms are clean and the bedding is changed regularly by the cleaning maids who are friendly.Wether it's a summer stay or winter I don't think you will be disappointed.

And finally I have to mention Stavros & his lovely mother Irene who always make me feel welcome.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

This is my first time I travel to Greece. I have stayed in Ios and Paros. Naxos is a good place for those of you who like a pitoresque experience with Greece. Naxos town is a beautiful mid-range sized town with a lot of small streets like a labyrinth. I am staying at a hotel named Irene II and thats a nice little pearl of a hotel. Really clean room with a kitchenette(for those of you who like to cook your own dinner), coffee maker, pots and pans. If you are looking for value for money, this is the right place to stay! The staff at the hotel are very nice and warming people. I was offered coffee and cake when I came to the hotel and that was a nice gesture. The location of the hotel is perfect for me, as there is a supermarket 300 meters from the hotel and there is only a 10-15 minutes walk down to the port. I highly recommend staying here, either at Irene I or at Irene II(which has a swimmingpool). If you like to use the gym, there is one only 3-400 meters away!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

I have just returned home from my holiday in Greece. I stayed at Irene Pension for a month and couldn't be happier. The location was perfect, just a short walk to St George's beach as well as the hora. The room was spacious and clean. The entire staff were so accommodating and very friendly. Starvos picked me up from the ferry and dropped me when it was all over.
I'll definitely be staying at Irene Pension 1 next time I'm in Naxos.
Thanks everyone for making my stay just Perfect.

Dan

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

I don't like to write negative reviews, however; I need to let other fellow travellers know about our experience. I booked Irene Pension 1 on Hotels.com at least 2 months before our check-in date. It started off great as we had a complimentary shuttle from the ferry port to the hotel. We were greeted by a staff member from Irene Pension 1 and told to take a 5 minute walk as he needed to wait for others to get off the ferry and board the shuttle.

When we got back he was gone (so was the shuttle) and we were greeted by another man called Petros who told us we were to go to another hotel as Irene Pension 1 was full. We thought nothing of this as we knew there was an Irene Pension 2. We were then taken to a place called Oniro Studios which looked nice, clean and had the same amenities we had booked in Irene Pension 1 so we were satisfied. Petros took us to check out the wonderful view from the roof top terrace and offered a drink, and it was here that he told us we will be staying in another hotel as Oniro Studios was also full.

He drove us to yet another hotel and it was a total dive of a place. We walked in on cleaning chemicals all around the kitchen and entrance. Our room was tiny, dreary and smelt of bleach. The bathroom was incredibly small, mouldy and we didn't want to touch anything in there (especially the shower tiles and curtain, with lime scale on the shower head).

After raising these issues with the owners they completely palmed us off and told us we couldn't go to Irene Pension or Oniro Studios as they were completely booked. After many discussions back and forth (and proof of our original booking) we were given a very small discount (which was still not worth it and was like pulling teeth) but I still commend them for doing so. As we were only staying in Naxos for a couple of days we decided to settle and stay as we didn't want to waste any more time exploring the region.

I was very disappointed as I booked Irene Pension 1 dependent on the reviews on Trip Advisor.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Mamasitas
Malta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

My family and I stayed at this place in September 2013 and whilst the price was very reasonable both the accommodation as well as the hosts were truly great.

We had an apartment and not just a room - complete with kitchenette where we also had installed a juice extractor, coffee maker, etc.

We were picked up from the port by Stavros who is always ready to help with good advice. His mother, Irene, also greeted us warmly and offered us each a home made ice cream :)

The place is located about 10 minutes walk away from the 'old' town and 15 minutes from the harbour where most of the activity lies.

The pensione does not offer breakfast or catering facilities but there are lots of good places around where one can grab a morning coffee or have lunch or dinner.

I truly recommend this place and would definitely go back there if I am ever back in Naxos.

Room Tip: Big spacious rooms complete with kitchenette.