Green Isle Hotel Conference & Leisure
The Plaza Hotel(Tallaght)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
1,748 results
All reviewscourse mealfood was lovelyenjoyable stayfree parkingcity centrebus stopzooluas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Lovely rooms but on the first night the toilet stopped working which made it hard because I had my 3 young nieces with me and had to bring them downstairs every time they had to use the toilet. We addressed staff the next morning and then the housekeeping in the afternoon and they said that they were going to sort it out while we were out for the day. At around 9:30 P.M we returned from the city and we went down to reception and told them that the toilet wasn't fixed even though we told them that it was broken; twice. They said that they couldn't do anything about it because they had no maintenance person on weekends. We were told that we had to deal with it and walk down to the toilets at reception every time we needed to go! They offered us another room but there wouldn't be enough beds for the 5 of us as they were fully booked on that night! We were really looking forward to the stay but that just put a downer on the whole weekend! The pool was very nice and breakfast was satisfying. The bar was nice and staff were friendly. No a/c in the room which made it very hard to sleep. Close to Luas and bus lines. No wi-fi in rooms which was inconvenient as i had my 3 nieces with me. Overall I was very disappointed due to the toilet problem and lack of assistance!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Myself, my wife and son spent 3 nights in the green isle in July 2014. Staff were very friendly. Unfortunately, we were given Room 335 which is literally right beside the Motorway. The weather was extremely hot at this time as well. So the choice was to either close the window to reduce the traffic noise and roast in the room, or open the window to cool the room and be deafened by the traffic noise. Either option resulted in 1 hours sleep for all of us on the 1st night. We mentioned this to the manager in the morning and he (Christy ?) transferred us to a lovely room facing into the courtyard. After a good nights sleep, we enquired whether that room was available for another night as our original itinerary was to stay for just 2 nights, but we wished to stay for a 3rd night if the room was available. The manager very kindly gave us the room for the 3rd night free as compensation for the disastrous 1st night in Room 335. I thought that this was extremely generous. Will definitely be staying there again.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 335 and similar rooms that are literally right beside the motorway. Noise level is incredible.
1  Thank Fergus K
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My family ( 2 adults, 3 kiddies under 6) have stayed in the Green Isle a number of times now in recent years. I could not rate this hotel highly enough! We have always enjoyed our stays. The rooms are clean and spacious, the lobby welcoming, the food ..great! and the staff...excellent (especially Theresa in the restaurant). Our deal this time included 2 nights B&B, 1 x (4 course meal) and family admission to Tayto Park....less than £200 for a family of 5!! Brilliant value and of course access to the pool! It is in a great location too, not too far from the City centre and Clondalkin is a quaint wee village with a great pub in the middle, The Laurels, which serves amazing food at amazing prices! Hope to visit Greenisle next month!

Room Tip: Rooms can get a little stuffy, especially for kiddies.Bring big glass of iced water to room at night
1  Thank mythreelads
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I just saw Chuck Liddell checking out from Green Isle Hotel. I was lucky enough to get a sneaky picture with him. wohooo ps.: all staff were super friendly here I wouldn't be surprised if I`d see more celebrity here in the future

Room Tip: 4th floor has spectacular view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank nikkisolyom
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here with two kids, staff were lovely, rooms did the job, the iron was falling apart literally so we rang reception, next morning a new one was placed in room, food lovely, pool lovely and warmer than any other pool I've been in, no complaints, we had very good deal and was value for money.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends