Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Janice L
Dublin, Ireland

Great hotel for Baby's Christening Day

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 14 Apr 2017via mobile
I booked the Green Isle hotel for my baby's christening we reserved an area at the back of the hotel called the sports bar it has a lovely little sun area at the front.

I booked the hotel as it's local to my family & I was delighted with how the day went.

I had face painter & entertainer for the kids & the hotel had advised they set up at the sun room part which was great as in the same area but not on top of the adults.

We ordered platters of food which we're delicious everyone said the food was fab..they were served hot & the sandwiches were also lovely.

I was dealing with a lady called Shauna who was excellent had great customer service skills and ensured the day went great and we had everything we needed.

The staff are a credit to the hotel worked really hard.

I would use this hotel again and would recommend to friends and family for events and food..
Trip type: Travelled with family
Stephen M, Manager at The Green Isle Hotel, responded to this review
Responded 28 Apr 2017
Hi Janice,

This is a great endorsement of the hotel so thank you for trusting us with such an important event and i'm glad that all went so well.
I have passed on your lovely comments to Shauna and she is delighted,she also said that you were a pleasure to deal with.
Thanks again and have a great weekend.

0.5 miles from The Green Isle Hotel
2.2 miles from The Green Isle Hotel
Restaurant
View more hotels in Clondalkin
2,563 results
All reviews leisure facilities bar staff lovely hotel enjoyable stay free parking dublin city bus
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 April 2017

there was some some of kids dance show on and they had overrun the hotel and the hotel did little to stop them, they knew they were fully booked yet had not staffed according

1. every morning every public area was being used to apply make up
2. every evening every public area was being used for dance practice
3. the bar / eating area was a joke, not enough staff one girl was on the floor being applied wtih fake tan as her mom ate her dinner
4. at breakfast they ran out of OJ and the coffee canisters were left empty for over 40 mnutes
5. one member of staff told me teh management did not care about it being understaffed
6. state of the rooms is a little big sad. see attached picture of my duvet
7. the noise in the corridors late at night meant i got little sleep as people ran up and down screaming and shouting late into the night
8. my room over looked the reception and i had taxi drivers blowing their horns late at night and early in the morning

its one to give a wide berth

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank zaksol2016
Reviewed 12 April 2017

i found the service to be very poor, they always seemed understaffed. the hotel was full as there was some sort of dance contest on for kids. the kids and there families seemed to be given carte blanc to run riot

breakfast was very limited and at times i had to clear away other peoples left overs to get a table i could use

the hotel is very noisy at night , with people running up and down the corridors and large groups of smokers outside the main entrance

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank brummy2019
Stephen M, Manager at The Green Isle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2017

Hi Brummy b,

I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay.....The World Irish dancing championships were on so we had some contestants staying here and overall we found them to be very well behaved,if asked our restaurant staff will always clear a table immediately.
I'm sorry that you found it noisy,we have signage prominently displayed at all of our lifts requesting that patrons keep the noise level down and respect that others are trying to sleep.
There is a ban on smoking indoors so we have to allow patrons to smoke outdoors and if groups become too large we do ask them to move aside a little if they are impeding the entrance.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

We stayed in the hotel for just one night and we could see that it really is showing it's age! Our bedroom was in the old part of the hotel and while it was a good size we can say that the room was no very clean with visible cobwebs and the beds were poor. The breakfast was self service and it was poor not the amount available but the standard of the food supplied, fortunately we had a dog with us (In the Car) so she was well feed after. Staff were friendly and helpful, but i doubt that we will be back!

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi DK,

I am genuinely sorry that this was your experience of the hotel.
We were recently given 4 star status so are refurbishing the hotel and as you can imagine it's approaching high season so there are a few rooms that we haven't gotten to yet.
Food standard is something that we pride ourselves on so I will be discussing that with all involved.
I hope that you will reconsider visiting us again.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

I was one of quite a few people who attended an event on Sunday. I was surprised that the car park barriers were down and I had to get a ticket. But I thought never mind I can probably get it validated or something.

There is no signage at the car park outlining fees, which is unusual. The pay machine is tiny. It has a slot for notes but wouldn't take any. So having queued to pay I then made my way to reception to ask for change for the car park.

The receptionist rolled her eyes at me and told me to go to the bar. The bar staff told me to go to the carvery or coffee dock. I got my change in the coffee dock.

I then had to rejoin the queue. The receptionist told me that it was nothing to do with her it was the board of management and the directors of the hotel. That I would have to talk to a manager to make my complaint. She then turned away and started typing on the computer. I asked her to call a manager.

The manager was defensive and rude. I asked him about putting up signage and getting the pay machine fixed. He said he would bring it to the attention the people who run the car park.

This leads me to wonder who is running the car park? If it is a private car parking company why do they not have a sign up? Why do they not have prices up? Or perhaps it is the board of directors who run the car park. I would welcome some comment on this from whoever it is that "runs the car park"

It took me 30 minutes to get out of the car park, which is badly lit... please use some of those parking fees to put in some decent light bulbs.

A lot of people spent a lot of money in your establishment on Sunday and we had a nice day ruined by the ineptitude of the reception staff and management.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Hi Monica,

I have met personally with the event organizer to discuss this incident.
It certainly wasn't our finest hour as a business and as I have said already to many attendees we take full responsibility for the parking issue which wrecked what was up to that moment a great event.
Sincere apologies again,we are addressing all issues raised right now to ensure a smooth and transparent parking experience in future.

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

Stayed here before the Wales match in March, having read all the reviews I was a little sceptical but luckily I didn't have any bad experience at all. Check in was prompt and friendly, room was spotless and a lovely breakfast the following morning without delay. Overall a great experience at a very reasonable price. Keep up the good work.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank desbrazil73

Thanks for this excellent review,i'm glad that you didn't let other reviews affect your decision
Glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and your room and felt that your were attended to promptly.
Definitely glad to hear that you felt that you received value,we look forward to seeing you again in the future.