Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Geoff R
County Meath, Ireland

Under staffed

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 30 Apr 2017
stayd in hotel during the punchestown festival and have done for numerous years but not again as hotel has been in decline for a number of years now. Must emphasise that this is not a reflection on staff as most are pleasant and friendly. The problem is the hotel is grossly under staffed. Bar was busy on the night with 2 maybe 3 staff working who were doing there best as for breakfast in the morning that was just a shambles with guests wandering around aimlessly looking for items that were in short supply or just not there.i myself had to ask for cups milk jugs (3 times) orange juice spoons napkins. Tables not cleaned in breakfast room on arrival but didn't seem to be many guests and even less staff.on the up side check in was a breeze and rooms and hotel in general kept clean. Overall blame lies with management who are doing staff no favours by placing them under unnecessary pressure when all it would take would be some extra staff with better training. I still would consider staying here again as I like the place but people expect more when paying good money for poor service
£106
    £119
3.5 miles from The Green Isle Hotel
View more hotels in Clondalkin
2,563 results
All reviews leisure facilities bar staff lovely hotel enjoyable stay free parking dublin city bus
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

Book last minute deal for a nights stay in the hotel . (First time staying in this hotel)
It was just a place to sleep for the night. On arrival night staff very very friendly. Got out keys liked the extra security on the lifts n floors.(you can't use lift unless u have a room key) . Got up to the room. First impression very light n airy feel to it. Then I seen the side of the Base was all torn. The bedside lamp didn't have any thing to turn it off. And the window wasn't closed properly (couldn't open it the handle was broke) . Now on saying all that is what it is. A place to out your head down . Would I stay again! Probably not.
The hotel looks lovely at first glance until you take a really close look. It's a pity really as iv said the staff were lovely n friendly. Management need to do some updating to fixtures n fittings in the hotel. ( oh n a tip if your curtains are faded no amount of new backing will stop the light from shining through the faded bits. 😆

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2017

I have been using this hotel for 35years i live locally so have had family weddings funerals, communions etc here. A paid parking was introduced about 2 months ago I was given permission to park free on suday night as myself and my eldery mother have been long time customers, every week. Today i was told by a rude receptionist that no longer applies and a 10e charge would have to been paid. Im disgusted by this treatment to a loyal long term customer.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank cjordan59
Stephen M, Manager at The Green Isle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2017

Hi Carol,

As discussed earlier apologies for this misunderstanding and I am glad that we have resolved this for you now and can look forward to your custom for many more years hopefully.

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

I visited the hotel with family and friends for an event in City West Dublin. I found the overall standard of the hotel to be good although there were some issues with the room such as the drawers front falling off hurting my foot. This was brought to the staffs attention however couldn't be fixed!! They did offer a free meal as way if an apology though. I was not sure about having to swipe in to use the corridor doors and lifts, although appreciated the security element of this. The food in the restaurant was really good and very generous. Overall I would use this Hotel again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Hi Susan,

Thanks for your very fair review.
We are delighted firstly that you were pleased with the standard of the hotel and also that you would return again.
The drawer issue couldn't be foreseen unfortunately and i'm glad that you appreciated our gesture of a free meal by way of apology.
I genuinely hope that we see you and your family again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

I booked it for 5am, she asked me twice once she even said 4.00am, I said no 5am. I asked her if she was sure it was booked she said yes.

I then ate in the restaurant and was served by a great guy, I then went to pay and asked where to get a drink I was rudely told 'there is water over there'.
I asked if I could purchase a drink on a tab I was told no and had to buy a drink Separately.
The girl was again rude and abrupt, I asked for her name, Laura or Lauren I think she said. I was then chased out of the restaurant by a blond lady who proceeded to ask if there was a problem. I said the girl who served me was rude, she asked if she could talk to me I was so mad I said no and I told her I would never stay at the hotel again and I walked off.

This morning I woke at 5.25, jumped out of bed and was late in setting off as I never received my early morning call.
On top of all that I was flashed for speeding to the airport as I was late, all because I did not get my early morning call.

This is the 3rd time I have stayed at the Green Isle after switching from the Maldron and the first time I stayed the service was impeccable. The second and third time it has been appalling.

Bad bad service.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank rmoldfield

Hi Mark,

I just wanted to apologize again for all of the issues that arose during your stay.
I was happy to resolve the issue for you but ultimately wish that you were not subjected to such unavoidable scenarios.
I hope that you may return again and I assure you personally that you can expect the service level that you enjoyed here initially.

Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

Great swimming pool/ fitness area for families - pool temperature was great and kiddies pool just the right size.
69 bus stops outside door and takes about 40 mins to O'Connell Bridge and Red Cow Luas stop is about 15 mins walk.
Hotel was very busy during Easter holiday break and we had to wait an hour on our room to be ready which delayed is going into the city, however Costa Coffeeshop in the bar was a nice waiting spot.
Bar itself was very busy in the evening but had nice relaxed atmosphere.
Breakfast was lovely - perfect Irish fry up but poor selection of bread and fruits and staff not much use in helping you to restock milk or butter. However we went late for breakfast so I suppose this can be expected? Nobody came near us to see if we had breakfast included in our deal so we could easily have bagged a freebie!
Hotel room itself was dated -2 single beds and a very small double. 1 cupboard was missing a door and the window frame appeared to be slightly rotted and by the sway in the net curtains badly in need of repair. Few lightbulbs actually working in the many lamps and I would have liked the lamps to be at the bedside so you didn't need to get out of bed to turn off.
The room was cold and radiator didn't appear to work either, but was warm at night so not too bad.
There was also a strong sewage smell from the bathroom which again may just need maintenance -I sprayed some perfume and kept the door closed. Bathroom again in need of a little freshen up.
Overall though I would stay here again - it's good value for money and as we were out all day spent little time in the hotel room

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Kellie R
Stephen M, Manager at The Green Isle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2017

Thanks Kellsod,

A very fair review given the few things that weren't up to scratch so I appreciate that.
I hope that we get to see you again and I assure you of a far better experience next time.
Thanks again and have a nice weekend.