Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Tubbs007

Facilities great, rooms V poor

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 13 Jul 2018via mobile
Overall below average and the low score mainly driven by the poor state of the rooms themselves.

Fitness spa, eating and shopping facilities all really good.

It’s a real shame the rooms are of such a poor standard and quality as this really significantly brings down the venues score.

Within the rooms I had Wi-fi coverage was patchy, bathroom fixtures cheap plastic or broken, a number of broken sockets in both rooms, no cooling facilities in hot weather, in one of the rooms the TV was really too small for the room as from pillow to screen was 7mts (pic attached).

Overall great facility but horrendous rooms.
Trip type: Travelled on business
Responded 15 Jul 2018
Dear Tubbs007
I am sorry to read that you didn't like your room when you stayed with us. We are currently working on updating all our rooms and are doing so in sections we hope to have it completed in the near future. I am happy to read that you enjoyed the other facilities in the Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We hope to welcome you back to the Green Isle Hotel in the future.
Kind regards,
    £168
3.5 miles from The Green Isle Hotel
View more hotels in Clondalkin
2,562 results
All reviews leisure facilities bar staff lovely hotel enjoyable stay free parking dublin city bus
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

We booked in on 7th July for a stay overnight with breakfast for €199 which was expensive as other customers only paid a lot less for the same stay.When we finally got our room we were aware of the motorway outside but thought this not to be a problem as why would it bodder us as we can close the window .To our surprise the room had no air-con whatsoever ,all that was in place was a very slow low cost electric fan.. after 20 minutes in the room we were roasting hot ,I had bought a bottle of cold water from the machine downstairs that had now already became warm.. I went downstairs to reception and asked to move rooms ,the girl at reception was very nice and said they were no more rooms available but we could open the balcony door to cool the room down . So I done this ... went upstairs and told my wife we could open the balcony door ,so we did ,number one after that we could not talk as the noise of the motorway way so loud "but we knew the motorway issue while booking so it was our own fault "" but number two was the real issue ,OK our room was roasting but opening the balcony door was completely unsafe as all the other rooms could walk into each one as the balcony was open and not private .... so my wife went downstairs and asked for a different room and was told the same as me ,the receptionist first response about the temperature in the room was "sure it's climate change" ..my wife said she wanted to make a official complaint when all of a sudden a new room came available.. now after paying over and above already the only added bonus to this room it was not next to the motorway so we could not hear the traffic while cooling down the room with the balcony door open that leaded to more room with no restrictions.The hotel staff provided a extra fan to that made no difference.. but I have to say the bar staff were so professional and very friendly and took away from some of this bad experience I really hope these staff are appreciated as its them who keep the clients happy.. quick note before I finish ,the next morning u went down to the restaurant where they serve breakfast and looked for a pint if iced cold water where I was told "sorry the bar is closed until 10.30 so we can't provide ice until then" .I got the water and the guy who served me apologised on how warm the cold water was...
At 11am we checked out.. The receptionist asked did we have a nice stay ? I answered no unfortunately not ,she replied OK thank you goodbye ?????.
Never again

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Laura M, Guest Relations Manager at The Green Isle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2018

Dear Patrick S,
I am very sorry to read that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We would like to follow this up in more detail with you, I would be grateful if you could contact Steve on steve@greenislehotel.com
Many thanks,

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

I stayed here with three kids the restaurant was lovely food was delicious and the pool was lovely and warm and all the staff were very welcoming and polite which made are stay here so much better from start too finish, we went too Dublin zoo complimentary with are stay and the kids had a absolute ball, their was no kiddies clubs which could probably be great if they organised that with families in mind , the only downfall to this hotel was that are room was small and very old it could do with refurbishment in the bedrooms but overall are stay was lovely

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Laura M,
I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us especially that you liked the food and found the staff to be very welcoming and polite. We are currently in the process of updating our rooms and are carrying the work out in sections. We have in the past offered a kids club but due to lack of interest we had to cancel it, I will pass your comments regarding it on to our Managment Team. Thank you for taking the time to post your review, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Green Isle Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

This hotel is a frequent stop for my family as it's large enough to accommodate all of us comfortably.
We often have family get togethers at the Green Isle.
The staff is very warm and friendly and the food is quite nice.

On our last visit they had some amazing chicken goujons, fried mushrooms, finger sandwiches and chips.
We were casually celebrating a 50th with an afternoon tea/birthday party.

The Green Isle also has adequate parking which is nice for those of us who drive.
For those who don't The Green Isle is just a short bus ride or decent walk (3/4 mile) from the Red Cow.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear dublinsduet,
I am delighted that you and your family had a great time in the Green Isle Hotel celebrating a 50th Birthday party. I am especially happy to read that you found our staff to be warm and friendly and that you enjoyed the food. Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Green Isle for many more celebrations in the future.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

We love staying here myself and my wife could not get any better highly recommend this hotel for any time even if it’s just to get a night off from the children and to have a bit of time to yourself and have a relaxing time with your family all amenities catered for

Date of stay: March 2018
Laura M, Guest Relations Manager at The Green Isle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Dear joecG4218GC,
I am delighted that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to post your review, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Green Isle Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

Hotel staff should give hints, that a bus is frequently driving from the Hotel to City Center od Dublin. Hotel charged Credit Card with €119 after departure, allthough rooms haben payed when arrived and Restaurant was payed cash.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear sgewan663642,
I am sorry to read that you encountered issues during your stay with us, I would like to try and resolve this and would you be greatful if you would contact me on salesadmin@greenislehotel.com