Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Anthony Power
Wexford, Ireland

Beware Surprise Charges

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 13 May 2024
Whilst the hotel itself is fine and the facilities and amenities good, my issue was on check in . The manager at check in would not let us check in and pay the E166 for our room until we first paid an extra damage deposit amount of E100 by card. This amount was never mentioned in any booking correspondence and I have never ever had this requested in any other single hotel in all my travels. The manager was quite unfriendly and dismissive not even willing to even consider waiving this deposit at all. I will not stay here again as long as that charge is in place. Ridiculous!!!!
Date of stay: May 2024
Room Tip: Don't stay here. Find better more reasonable accommodation. Much better hotels in the surrounding...
Trip type: Travelled with friends
    £118
2.1 miles from The Green Isle Hotel
View more hotels in Clondalkin
2,563 results
All reviews leisure facilities bar staff lovely hotel enjoyable stay free parking dublin city bus
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 April 2024

This hotel was shocking, we went with a tour and it was our overnight stop. There was a very large party and the noise was horrendous, screaming, shouting, you couldn't hear yourself think. We were trying to eat our meal ( that was good) we all just left the dining room and went to our rooms. Our room was the most uncomfortable room we had ever stayed in, the bed was abysmal like sleeping on a rock. We asked for another duvet( we didn't get one) we ended up taking the duvet out of the cover and laying it on the bed and covering ourselves with just the cover. The noise in the corridors was awful as well, children running up and down screaming until late.

Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2024

I have been going to the green isle for over 20 years and it has declined. At the outset the staff are friendly and helpful and the bar and breakfast are good. Rooms are clean but basic. My biggest issue is that the hotel has become more of a contractors accommodation rather than a holiday makers experience. Marijuana is pungent and evident throughout the hotel. Contractors openly smoke dope in the hotel rooms and the stairwells. I complained and was told my complaint was tabled to the GM, I heard nothing. On a second visit in April I thought I would give it a second go, fool I hear you say, but only becsuse I pre booked and couldn’t get a refund. It was no better but a helpful manager listened to my complaint and acknowledged the dope use was a problem. She offered to accommodate me with a deal if I was to stay again and as we had 5 days left in Dublin I took up her offer. I was offered 10% discount which is the online booking charge. Not good enough Green Isle, decide do you want druggie contractors or tourists. By the way I still haven’t heard anything from the Green Isle. I’m so disappointed I’m happy to share my name, Noel minnock to substantiate my experience.

Room tip: If you don’t mind the smell of marijuana, then go for you life.
Reviewed 5 April 2024 via mobile

A very busy noisy hotel. Walls are very thin so you can hear the people in rooms around you. Kids were running everywhere in the lobby both nights. A big fight outside the front doors which our window opened to, kept the kids up.

Breakfast was good. Room was very basic. No recycling bins. No facecloths. Used single use shampoo and soaps instead of reducing waste and using refillable products.

Nice park just down the hill makes for a great way to get out of the hotel.

Room tip: Need to get out? Take a walk to the nice park nearby
Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2024

Room was spacious and seemed clean, ripped curtains and the sink didn’t drain properly but could deal with that no we were there.
Our first night we ate in the bar with our children and food was lovely.
Second day / night was a complete disaster. There seemed to be some sort of traveller event at the hotel and they were given priority to everyone else. It was absolutely wild.
We were told only kids meals served in the bar that evening, it was packed and kids running about everywhere!! We went to bed with our children at approx 8.30pm.
The noise was unreal!! Kids screaming and running up the halls outside our room. Called reception twice and nothing done. Midnight came and the women shouting and banging on doors etc got worse.
The morning the halls / stairwell were littered with EVERYTHING including dirty nappies. At breakfast women and children running about in PJ’s and bare feet picking all the food with their hands. Water running through lights behind the breakfast buffet onto working staff.
We packed our bags and left early. The gentleman / manager on duty seemed to be at his wits end.
We explained to reception and were told they would be in touch, we shall see.
So disappointed to have picked this for our family weekend.
Has so much potential to be a good hotel and good handy location for zoo etc but I don’t think we will be back.

Reviewed 26 March 2024

Wife and I stayed 1 night to attend a concert at 3 Arena.Never again. Room 210 had a poor water pressure shower over the bath. Watermarks and stains on bedside tables. Flaking paint on walls and very bad on the wooden window sill. Obvious gaping 5 cm hole in the net window curtain. Security safe was missing batteries. Mattress had a hard wire running around the perimeter of a hard spring mattress..who has these nowadays? Reception staff were not welcoming attentive or well informed. The 100 euro security deposit taken as we checked in, and weren't made aware of at booking, we were told would be refunded within 24 hours of checkout..in what world? No such thing. Misinformation...When we complained about all issues on checkout the receptionist eyes glazed over in a totally uncaring manner of dismissal and said the sum total of...nothing..as we left. Breakfast nothing to write home about especially the chewing fest stuff they call bread.Customer care and service of the lowest order. Take the booking and your money, hope you don't complain and don't care if you do. Avoid at all significant costs. Not one of the most expensive in todays Dublin extortionate asks but hiding under the mask of 4 Star is unadulterated deception.

Room tip: Steer clear