“A very affordable stopover”
Review of Ibis Dublin

Ibis Dublin
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Clondalkin
GreenLeadersSilver level
An Accor traveller
Madrid
Reviewed 14 May 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
IBISDUBLIN, General Manager at Ibis Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Write a ReviewReviews (1,742)

Reviewed 13 May 2012

Well, having worked in a hotel before I expected much more than what I got, check-in was quick and efficient which was fine, got into our 'superior room' to find someone had clearly punched the wall and it had been plastered over the painted a different colour to the rest of the wall, we also found tears in the linen which were changed quickly which was good. Bar was supposedly manned 24/7 but on quite a few occasions we were left waiting for ten minutes or more. My niece was left waiting whilst older adults were served even after coming to the bar after her. At 10.30pm my niece went upstairs to have a shower and go to bed, she then called her mum up saying the water wouldn't drain away, my sister-in-law rang down and was told to come down to Reception, where she was handed a plunger and told to plunge it herself, I find this totally unacceptable, as did my mother-in-law who went back down to Reception, the night staff who had just come on shift had to plunge it. The night member kept repeating the fifteen minute promise, but the fifteen minutes didn't start from his plunging. The next morning we had breakfast, we were asked what room number we were in and how we would like to pay, we paid and sat down, then everytime any member of our party got up we were asked what room number and how would we like to pay, this grew tiresome and stopped us enjoying our breakfast. My mother-in-law's hairdryer was broken, and she was supplied with a new one but still, not what you expect to find in a 'superior room'. We complained on the last day about the shower incident and the Duty Manager was sympathetic and apologised but still we had to ask for our money back rather than it being offered. The housekeeping staff were friendly towards us, which was good, but considering we had young children in our party the fact that they left their chemicals unmanned in the hallways was a massive health and safety risk as well as just being bad practise. On the whole i found this trip alot of hassle, when all I wanted to do was enjoy's my partner's cousin's wedding.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Kirsty C
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Thank you for letting us know your thoughts about your stay and rest assured we looked into your constructive comments. Action ahs already been taken. Contact me any time on 00 353 014641480 to discuss further.
Kind regards
Ibis Hotel Dublin West

Reviewed 9 May 2012

four of us stayed in this hotel last Oct. the rooms were clean & spacious with two large double beds. we went to see a show and got the luas into the city which was great. Its about a 5 min walk from hotel not far at all! we stayed for two nights including breakfast which was really nice - selection of rashers, sausages, cerals, fruit etc... and the best part was it only cost us 16 euro each per night. will be back to this hotel excellent value for money!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank shabbaireland
IBISDUBLIN, General Manager at Ibis Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

Thank you very much for your great comments. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay at a great price. Value for money is what we try to provide to our customer every single day. I do hope to see you again very soon.
Kind regards
Ibis hotel Dublin

A TripAdvisor Member
Budapest
Reviewed 7 May 2012

The check-in was very simple and quick. We needed one night extension above the original booking, but this was also easy. The staff was very kind. The room was fine for a couple. Unfortunately the window could not closed absolutely. We used the heating because it was a bit cold and rainy outside. The bathroom was soacious for this type of hotel. There was a little mold odour in the shower cabine :(
The irish breakfast was wonderful.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
IBISDUBLIN, General Manager at Ibis Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Thank you very much for your lovely comments. The window is now fixed and we do hope to see you again very soon.
Ibis hotel Dublin

Reviewed 5 May 2012

I stayed here for two nights at the very end of my holiday in Ireland. My room was clean and even had a flat screen TV. I noticed during booking and in the hotel elevator that there are different room types, and mine was one of the nicer ones; the cheaper room rates do not have the flat-screen TV's, for example.

Although my room faced the motorway, I did not notice any noise, nor did I notice any from nearby rooms. There was plenty of parking but it was at the back of the hotel where there was no direct hotel ingress, only emergency exits; while this is for security purposes, it could also be accomplished by means of a key-card system at the door, like many other hotels.

The hotel is a 15 minute walk to the Luas light rail stop at Red Cow, but note that it is a somewhat steep uphill walk to the bridge spanning the motorway. If you don't wish to take this walk, or cannot, and have a car, you can always drive to the Park and Ride lot at the rail stop, but it will cost you €4/day if you will be in the central city all day.

I only ate breakfast there once, and the food is good, but be prepared to pay €9 For a buffet breakfast. It does include all-you-can-eat scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, and various types of breads and cereals, but if you will be leaving before 6:30 AM, you will not get any of the "hot" foods except for tea and coffee. The only alternatives are somewhat far, and the McDonald's requires making a u-turn some distance down the road due to the Luas tracks running down the middle.

Stayed: April 2012
IBISDUBLIN, General Manager at Ibis Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Many thanks for the positive comments, I'm happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the Ibis Hotel in Dublin again very soon.

Hotel Ibis

Reviewed 3 May 2012

We arrived in Dublin and got a taxi to the hotel. According to the website it is on the outskirts but it cost us 45 Euros. The website also says it is serviced by the Airport coach and Luas. It says a 5-10 minute walk but what it does not say is this is uphill and across a busy street and if you are carrying luggage - forget it!

The room was basically tired and not too clean. The housekeeping dept. was mainly made up of non-english speaking people who when I asked for some glasses for the bathroom brought us cups. Another day we had no towels! Also a glob of shampoo or soap which was on the shower wall - was still there 4 days later!

The bed consisted of a mattress on top of a wooden board with 4 feet! Also sheets did not tuck around properly. We had to ask for extra pillows as the 3 on the bed were so thin it was like lying flat!

The early riser breakfast consisted of tea/coffee and cereal - that was it!

I have stayed in Ibis hotels all over UK and Europe and have really thought they were good value and exceptionally clean but this one was note! It was also very difficult to make yourself understood when the majority of the staff do not speak or understand English!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Personalizedtravel

I'm so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience saying with us at Ibis Hotel in Dublin. I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously. We are looking into the matter, but feel free to contact me on 01 464 14 80 or email me at h0595-gm@accor.com to discuss this further.

Ibis Hotel

Reviewed 3 May 2012

We travelled to Dublin for the rugby on 28 April and checked in before noon. Check in was friendly and efficient, which was true of all the staff we encountered over the next 24 hours.

After leaving our cases in the room and freshening up, we took the very convenient Luas into central Dublin- a journey of approximately 30 minutes.

After a lovely day in Dublin, and a successful match for Ulster Rugby!, we returned to the hotel. We ate at the restaurant, where the staff- especially Emily (who was great with the girls and very accomodating to their meal choices- Thank you!!)- were again very friendly.

The food was good and plentiful and was enjoyed by all.

The room was very comfortable, but there was a lot of noise in the corridor for about two hours in the early hours of the morning, due to a group of young people returning after their night out.

The girls (aged 11 and 6) slept through it all, so we didn't make an issue of it as we were all in good spirits as well!

I would definitely return to the hotel, as it is well located just out of the city centre, with a great public transport link up. It is very well situated when traveling from Northern Ireland for anyone not wanting to do battle with the city centre traffic.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay. Please rest assured that I will take note of your comments and the matter will be addressed. Very sorry, about the noise in the corridor during your stay.I hope we can welcome you back to the Ibis Hotel in Dublin very soon.

General Manager,
Ibis Hotel Dublin
Dublin 22

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clondalkin
Red Cow Moran Hotel
#1 of 7 in Clondalkin
Kilmainham
Sheldon Park Hotel
Sheldon Park Hotel
#69 of 150 in Dublin
Louis Fitzgerald Hotel
#2 of 7 in Clondalkin

Been to Ibis Dublin? Share your experiences!