Ibis Dublin
  • Restaurant
Glashaus Hotel(Tallaght)
The Plaza Hotel(Tallaght)
1,768 results
All reviewsred cowcity centredublin coachtram stopminute walkairport busfree parkingtakes about minutesbuffet breakfastroom was largevisiting dublinluas linecar parkpublic transportstayed here for one nightmotorwayireland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I stayed here in Feb 2014 for 5 days. I suffered from eczema as a child and still suffer now a little bit. However, upon staying here, I have had severe (what I suspect to be) eczema all over my body. My boyfriend has also has a small rash. This could be down to the detergents used, and if so, I think that more should be done in terms of consideration for visitors who are sensitive to detergents that aren't non-bio, etc. Aside from this, the staff were quite friendly and the rooms were reasonably clean and spacious. Would definitely stay here again if the problem with whatever caused my current condition was dealt with, as I am in a lot of pain and discomfort now, which is never what I expect from such a nice hotel. This is especially after having such a nice and comfortable stay in Ibis London.

• Stayed: February 2014
IBISDUBLIN, Duty Manager at Ibis Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you very much for all your comments. I am so very sorry to hear you had a bad reaction or a type of 'excema' reaction after your visit here with us. In order for us to fully investigate the situation fully I will need you to contact our general manager Patrick Le Henaff directly at the hotel 01 4641480. I do also thank you for your positive feedback regarding your rooms and the friendliness of our staff. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

po: Sharon Hoyte

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Room was spacious for budget hotel. the shower was spacious and looked as if it was recently refurbished. our room - number 236 however was right beside the heating system and was a bit noisy late into the night and early in the morning. so i suggest get a room on the other side of the hotel or higher up.

Room Tip: higher floors have less heater noise also rooms on the other side of the hotel to the flat roof where the heater is would be quieter
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sunniva O
IBISDUBLIN, Manager at Ibis Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Thank you for your nice comments about the room size and I am really sorry about the noise in the room. Hope to see you again in the ibis Dublin soon so we could provide you a genuine hassle-free experience.
Magdalena Fenslau
Assistant Manager

Reviewed 17 February 2014

This is a very good economy hotel. Prices are reasonable especially if booked in advance. The rooms are large and the beds comfortable.
The staff are pleasant and helpful. The bar is in the reception area and it is possible at most times to have a snack and drink.
The hotel is a 5 minute walk to the Luas (Tram) line which takes you to the city centre. It is ideal for people wishing to spend a day shopping in the city without the hassle of driving and parking.

Room Tip: Rooms on rear of hotel quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ClonmelCorkman
IBISDUBLIN, Duty Manager at Ibis Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Many thanks indeed for your positive comments especially noting the good value recieved. We do appreciate this and look forward to welcoming you back should you visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Stayed here for one night recently - very good rates. The room was large and the bed very comfortable.It's very convenient for the Luas and easy to get to if you're after a long drive as I was. It's ideal if you're on a shopping break or business as public transport is so close. The hotel was very busy but there was no noise upstairs and so I had a great nights sleep.
If you're driving call to reception with your car before check in to get your parking permit otherwise you'll have to go all the way out again toput it on after lugging your bags in to the hotel.

Room Tip: I liked the Queen room very much with sofa
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank maggotireland
IBISDUBLIN, Duty Manager at Ibis Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Many thanks indeed for all your positive comments regarding your previous stay here at ibis Dublin. We do appreciate all our guests feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to see us again.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

We found the room comfortable and the staff exceptionally helpful and friendly. Ok so it's basic for a hotel but how much time do you spend there when in Dublin. We caught a tram each day from just over the bridge from the Ibis,it was also a short walk to the Red Cow Inn which has entertainment. Tea and coffee was a great bonus, as things are very expensive in Dublin we used to bring back a snack from Marks and Spencer's and have it with a nice cup of tea or coffee in our room. There is a bus and airport coach stop just beside the tram station. One word of warning,The airport coach was 5 euro we asked about this coach when we arrived at Dublin airport and were informed there was not one and we had to take a taxi at a cost of 23 euro......we were charged 45!! We also asked a taxi driver at the tram station how we could walk to the Red Cow Inn again we were told as it was by the motorway it was not possible to walk! Another lie, a fellow standing by the tram stop informed us there was a walkway with bridge over motorway and it would take us less then 5 mins to walk! Don't trust the taxi drivers therefore would be my recommendation.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank b d
IBISDUBLIN, Duty Manager at Ibis Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Thank you very much for your high praise regarding your stay with us here at ibis Dublin. It is especially noted for the friendly staff and your comments will be passed ontu all concerned. We do look forward to a return visit from you all again.