Clayton Hotel Liffey Valley
US$156
US$143
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Aspect Hotel Parkwest(Clondalkin)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$116
US$160
US$124
US$118
HotelsClick
Sheldon Park Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$139
Hotels.com
West County Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$136
Glashaus Hotel(Tallaght)
US$111
US$97
Ashemere Lodge(Clondalkin)
TripAdvisor
2,854 results
All reviewsclarion hotelgusto restaurantshopping centrekudos barkids clubswimming pooltayto parkfamily roomfamily breakthe busleisure facilitiesbusy hotellovely hoteldublin zoosaturday nightbar foodcinema
Reviewed 30 December 2013

i was stay in that hotel with my work mates for 3 weeks time . did book it with ryanair web site .. it was handy location for as becouse it was clouse to motorway by that motorway was handy to get back to work to HP. once did mistake and book room with one double and one single bad in it , we did not want to sleep in the same bad i went to reception did tell to manager what is the story is and manager change the room to room with 3 single bads in the room without any extra charge!!!

Room Tip: any, or if you ar smoker 203 clouse to get out for sigarete
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Roman H, Manager at Clayton Hotel Liffey Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Dear eestilv,
Thank you for your kind review and we hope you will choose us for your next visit again.
Duty Manager

Reviewed 12 December 2013

My family and I stayed here in early November 2013. The hotel is a great base to explore Dublin. Although it is a little bit out, a 5 minute walk to the bus station takes you straight into town. The hotel itself is basic but the food and the bar area where great. Breakfast was also good and plenty on offer. I would stay in this hotel is going to a rugby match again or a concert in Dublin. Very child friendly.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Dbaxter03
Roman H, Manager at Clayton Hotel Liffey Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear Dbaxter03,
Thank you for such lovely review. It's nice to see our hard work doesn't stay unnoticed. See you soon, hopefully.

Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

Have stayed here a couple of times. Apartments are available with 2 rooms at a slightly higher price but well worth it, if travelling with children. Rooms in both apartments and hotel are quite warm however and air
Conditioning system doesn't always work. If hotel is busy get down in time for breakfast to avoid having to queue!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Gina M
Roman H, Manager at Clayton Hotel Liffey Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Gina M,
Thank you for your kind review. I'm happy to see you took advantage of our apartments and hope to see you here with your family again soon.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

After a long flight, we were starving so we went to Kudos, the bar restaurant of the hotel.
We ordered lamb. Lamb has a very distinct and special taste; at Kudos, it did have any taste at all.

Note: there is an excellent Asian restaurant next to the hotel: "Lemon Grass".

The rooms are just ok and to get the rooms you need to walk a loooong way.

The breakfast is the real disappointment. The omelette is not good, all the rest is very industrial and the staff does not pay attention to you when you arrived because they are trying to fix the pancake machine for 2 days.

The gym is open only until 19:30, it just looked promising :(

The Wi-Fi is really good and free!

Josh, the reception guy, is great and very helpful.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DanR31

Dear DanR31,
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I passed your comments on to our team to work on the issues you mentioned. I hope you will be back with us soon and give us chance to prove that our Asian restaurant is much better than the one in Lemon Grass and we could also make sure you'll get room closer the front desk.

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Having read quite a few mixed reviews on this hotel before booking, I was pleasantly surprised by my Friday overnight stay. I booked through travel republic. When i logged on the twin room was available for £59 but it disappeared and then it went to £66 then it disappeared and eventually I got it booked for £74 twin room bed and breakfast. The hotel is located adjacent to the m50.
We arrived at abt 930 pm drove straight into the 4 euro secure underground car park. A lot of people on reviews complain about the charge. What is 4 euro for peace of mind for your car for the night? Having said that we had great difficulty getting the barrier to let us out and had to make several mercy dashes to reception when the machine kept spitting the ticket out.
Check in was rather slow with only one member of staff on reception. The people in front of me took longer than I'd have wanted to get checked in though mine was done and dusted in two mins. The hotel appeared very busy. It was nicely presented. There was a huge Christmas tree in the foyer.
By the time we checked in it was nearly 10pm so we went straight to the busy bar where there was a choice of bar food or Asian. There was not a huge choice but again it was adequate. The main restaurant was no longer serving. We both (female friend and myself) chose club sandwich and chunky chips. It wasn't fabulous but for under 10 euro it was not bad. Waiting staff were pleasant and service was unbelievably fast. We then went up to the room on the third floor. There were three beds in our twin bedded room. One queen and two singles. I got the queen. My friend had the single! The room was double glazed but I have to be honest and say it was noisy. When u looked out the window the busy motorway is nearby. Having said that it was not a problem. Yes I could hear it but it didn't prevent me doing anything! The room was smart and nicely presented. The form to order breakfast in the room was missing. There was no do not disturb sign for the door. The bathroom was compact and clean and there was not a separate shower but there was a good shower curtain and a great shower in the bath with powerful hot water. There was ample soap shampoo etc and towels. There was extra bedding pillows etc.,there was tea and coffee etc but a wee biscuit would have been nice.
Now to the best bit. The bed. I think I am well travelled. I can honestly say I don't remember ever sleeping in a bed so comfy. It wouldn't have mattered if the motorway was coming thru the bedroom so comfortable were the pillows, mattress and bedding. Apparently I snored all night. Bliss.
Breakfast was good. As other people have said the hot option was only warm but if U serve food onto cold plates and don't cover the food that's how it's going to be! There was ample nice juice cold selection croissants Danish cereals toast etc. Not a vast selection but again more than adequate. It was very busy with almost every table taken. Staff were unobtrusive and pleasant. For hungry travellers breakfast was a good experience.
There was no queue to check out so it was just a matter of handing keys in. Apart from the debacle of getting car park barrier to open we were on our way and back on the m50 in two mins.
All in all for the money, a great budget stopover hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank dianearmstrong

Dear Diane Armstrong,
Thank you for taking time to write your review. I'm glad to hear that, except for the barrier hiccup, you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you back here with us soon.