Clayton Hotel Liffey Valley
US$108
US$94
Travelocity
Very Good 4/5
Aspect Hotel Parkwest(Clondalkin)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$94
US$134
Orbitz.com
Very Good 4/5
Sheldon Park Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$117
Very Good 4/5
West County Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$143
Glashaus Hotel(Tallaght)
US$97
US$93
Great 4.5/5
2,832 results
All reviewsclarion hotelgusto restaurantshopping centrekudos barkids clubswimming pooltayto parkfamily roomfamily breakthe busleisure facilitiesbusy hotellovely hoteldublin zoosaturday nightbar foodcinema
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Room wasn't serviced, we had to wait 45 mins for extra duvet as we were only given a single duvet for 2 people! Slats on the bed were broke, we had a room beside the lift and fire doors that we had to listen to all night with people coming and going. We booked a suite for a family trip for my husbands birthday and were bitterly disappointed. No tea and coffee supplied in the suite and the 2nd bed was a pullout sofa. They ran out of plates at breakfast, had to wait 20 mind for a cup of coffee and ended up getting it ourselves, cleanliness of dining room terrible as was the service and attitudes of staff.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Sian H
Roman H, Manager at Clayton Hotel Liffey Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

Dear Sian H,
Thank you for writing this review. I am shocked to see how bad your stay was. I passed your notes to my superiors to make sure this will not happen again as it is our aim to make sure that all our guests are leaving our hotel are happy that they chose us. I am sincerely sorry that your stay wasn't to your full satisfaction. If you'd like I would be happy to discuss your stay in detail. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly on rherynek@clarionhotelliffeyvalley.com

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I stayed here for 1 night & I have to say it wasn't great, firstly it took about 30 mins to check in by the slowest person EVER!! I was very tired & in the time it took the receptionist to check us in, 3/4 other people were checked in by someone else! Then you have the LONG walk to get to your room once you're out of the lift, the room looked lovely, but the bathroom was a TOTAL let down, the bath mat was full of blue mold & the tile grout was absolutely filthy,

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jill-i2013
Roman H, Manager at Clayton Hotel Liffey Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Dear Jill-i2013,
Thank you for writing this review. I noticed that you stayed with us in the beginning of the summer 7 months ago, which was very busy period, so I apologize for the long wait at reception. Since than all the rooms went through thorough deep clean and not once. All bath mats have been replaced with new ones and are stored different way to prevent the mold build-up. I sincerely apologize for the experience and hope to see you here with us again soon. Should you need any assistance with your future booking, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at rherynek@clarionhotelliffeyvalley.com.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

noisey hotel not suitable for famlies in my opinion. Food in bar was expensive and nothing to suit kids. Rooms were basic thought it would be better. reception was very busy and had to wait a long time to get attention.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Roman H, Manager at Clayton Hotel Liffey Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Dear Mary999_12,

Thank you for taking time write your review. I am very disappointed to see you that your recent stay wasn't to your full satisfaction. We're trying our best to be family friendly hotel. We show kids movies every weekend, we have kids play room and teenage games room, jungle gym right outside the apartments and kids pool right beside the swimming pool. Both our restaurant and bar have separate children's menu, which I presume our waiter failed to show you. Once again let me apologise and I sincerely hope to see you here again soon to prove to you, that we are family oriented hotel.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We and few couples with kids booked b&b and dinner in clarion. the first disappointment was at the reception, when we was told about cash deposit of 50 Euro on the check in. they did not accepted credit card for deposit only cash and the nearest bank link was in liffey valey shopping centre:(. and it is 4 star hotel..
We booked few rooms on the same voucher but was giving rooms far from each other:(.
Dinner was delicious but desserts for my kids was disappointment- chocolate cake just 1 cm thick with rotten fresh berries- i mentioned this to the waiter, she looked at and told just sorry- we paid for this dessert around 4 Euro by the way :(. Some cakes was decorated with cream some with chocolate- was a bit hard to explain to the small kids why they getting the same but different cakes.. They forgot to bring the vegetables for everyone that we ordered, and because all the staff was quite busy was hard to get anyone attention, so we ended to share 2 portions of vegetables with 9 adults at the table.:( But enjoyed the breakfast.
Lovely staff at the swim pool- this is for sure. The rest of the personal at the reception and the restaurant was too busy to care about "lidl bookings"- just the way they called us:)
The room just very traditional Clarion room quite spacious- but 2 bulbs was missing in our bathroom. And when my kid dropped his toy and i was picking this from the floor- noticed that underneath the bed was so much rubbish left from previous customers.:( otherwise was quite clean;)
The reception- on the check out we was needed to get our deposit back and after waiting for 20 mins in the queue, the receptionist told us to take a seat.. and forgot about us, and we was waiting another 20 minutes. aa we noticed that all other guests was getting their deposits straight away. So, i came to ask him why it is so and why such discrimination. Yes we a foreign but why it is such a big problem?! After this we was sorted in no time:)
Just want to say a huge Thank You to the reservation team especially to Jennifer- she is the best and helped us a lot with the booking and organising the restaurant tables and so. Very helpful and pleasant person!!
One more thing- if you would go with the kids- be prepared that other kids would be running and playing and knocking your room door at the floor hall until 1 or 2 am, and would not be stopped by security guards. And if u would like to have a rest with your lil one- it is absolutely unreal.
We stayed at another Clarions before and really enjoyed, but was very disappointed with this one.

Room Tip: The best team at the reservation, call them and they would help you with any questions.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank hasja
Roman H, Manager at Clayton Hotel Liffey Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear Hasja,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us feedback about your recent stay with us.

I am very disappointed to learn of the issues you experienced upon your stay. Rest assured, I have passed your comments on to our Restaurant Team who will ensure that this is not repeated as this is a poor representation of the very hard work our team across the hotel do on a daily basis to ensure that every aspect of your stay is flawless.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Well my partner and I took our son down (2years) it was our first time taken him, we had the worst nights sleep ever! Yes I understand it was NYE but rooms beside us, facing us and up the corridor were banging on each other doors, slamming doors, knocking doors and running away , banging our door. My son was up numerous times due to this behaviour we had to sit up with him near all night and bring him into our bed for comfort and he said it was noisey and he was scared! They sounded like young teenagers as there was a man banging doors on our floor lookong for his son!

Overall breakfast was lovely , recommend going down about 10:00 as when we were finished and leaving there was quite a que. Staff were friendly, helpful and polite. Room was clean and tidy , our only problem was that we had a balcony, but the balcony door handle didnt lock, it was broke.. so we had to use the child safe lock instead which is not very safe. Rooms are also quite dull hotel provides 3 lamps but very red/pinkish bulbs they dom't give off much light.

Playroom was handy for our son. He was only in it once but he enjoyed it. We tried taken him swimming, told my partner and I we werent allowed to swim as we had no swimming caps??? However they did let us take our son into the baby pool, but not actually get in to it.

It is a bit out of the way, 20mins on the bus or taxi for 15-20€.

The hotel had something on for NYE but was obvious quite late so we didn't attend.

I may go back again, but not getting any sleep untill 6am has slightly put me off however it isn't the hotels fault the guests they encounter.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Femaleboss
Roman H, Manager at Clayton Hotel Liffey Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Dear Femeleboss,
Thank you for taking time to write such lovely review. We apologise for all the noise in the building on the NYE and thank you for recognizing that we tried our best to prevent it from happening. I sincerely hope to see you and your family here again soon to prove how quiet and family friendly our hotel really is.