Aspect Hotel Parkwest
US$129
Ashemere Lodge(Clondalkin)
US$71
US$140
Sheldon Park Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$140
West County Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$137
Glashaus Hotel(Tallaght)
US$106
US$96
1,032 results
All reviewsbusiness parktrain stationcity centreaston quayfree wififantastic valuepublic transportroom was clean and comfortablehotel is situateddouble roomlovely hotelgood nights sleepbooked this hotelbudget hotelreception staffvisiting dublindublin airport
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Stayed in this hotel beginning of April. Very basic, clean and good value for money. The bedroom itself was big. The bathroom was functional. We ate in Rubens in the evening and this was again reasonable value but not brilliant. We asked for the wine list and it was quite expensive and not very expansive. We chose an Argentinian wine which turned out to be Italian - typo on the menu. They changed it with absolutely no fuss.

The hotel has ample car parking, which is free and is situated fairly close to the M50. It was easy to book and the receptionist was very pleasant. Would definitely use again.

One suggestion would be to up their game where the wine is concerned. The list is short, expensive and not great. They deal with a lot of tours and would do much better with a higher quality wine list.

All in all a find and as long as there are not too many trains running it would be okay. If the trains bother you ask for a room on the other side of the hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Niamh H, Manager at Aspect Hotel Parkwest, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Firstly thank you so much for taking the time to write to me, I really do appreciate the feedback. Please accept my apologies regarding the wine list call and sincere thanks for the feedback as it is only with such valuable feedback from our guests that we are allowed the opportunity to review our standards and levels of service. I can assure you that I have taken all points you raised and I have taken learning from them. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distance future.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

having stayed here for nearly 4 months 4 nights a week i find the staff to really go out of their way to be accommodating also the guys in the reataurant are super so a big thanks to karl- danny & brendan they make it a lot easier when you are working away from home.cheers lads !!!

• Stayed: March 2014

Many thanks for your comments, I was delighted to hear you are enjoying your stay and appreciate your comments. We here at Aspect Hotel pride ourselves in customer service and I am glad we meet with your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel every week.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Dublin was our first stop on a 10 day trip to Ireland. We arrived at the hotel very tired around 10 a.m. They were very accomodating and got us right into a room for a little nap before starting our vacation. The hotel is FAR from City Centre but there is a bus stop for the 79A bus which goes into Dublin right across the street. The bus come regularly but since this is like the last bus stop it takes 45 minutes to get to Heuston Station cause it makes like 25 stops. The train station is an easy 3 minute walk from the hotel and runs like every 1/2-1 hour. It is very fast into Heuston Station about 10 minutes. The front desk has printed schedules of both the bus and train. There is a stop for the Dublin Hop On/Off bus at Heuston station so it makes life very easy. The room was clean and large. Beds were fine. Only a shower in the bathroom. Breakfast in the restaurant is OK....plenty to eat but like any hotel more expensive than elsewhere. We ate Dinner in hotel which was really good w/ excellent service. Fish and Chips was about 13 euro. Overall, really enjoyed this hotel. Would recommend it especially if you have a car because parking in Dublin appeared non-existent.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Many Thanks for taking the time to place your comments on tripadvisor following your stay with us. I was absolutely thrilled as were all of the staff here to have received such a positive review and I do appreciate you taking the time to do this. We are located in the business district; however the Bus, Luas & Train stations are all on our doorste. The quickest way to the city centre as you mentioned in your review is by train which is located 2 minutes walk from the hotel. This will take you in to Heuston in 12 minutes. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hospitality in the not too distant future.

Sales Manager

Reviewed 5 April 2014

The Aspect is located on the outskirts of the city centre and has good bus routes into the city. It is functional and comfortable but if you want more than that it is not for you. We had a room only deal and paid 8 euros for the buffet breakfast. It's 10 euros if you don't pre book.
The room had a comfortable bed and adequate wardrobe space. TV was almost antique! Bathroom was well laid out with a good shower. We did ask for a non smoking room but were allocated a smoking one which was disappointing.
Friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Niamh H, Manager at Aspect Hotel Parkwest, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Many thanks for your comments, I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your comments. We here at Aspect Hotel pride ourselves in customer service and I am glad on this occasion we met with your expectations. Normally bookings for smoking & non-smoking would be requested in advance and blocked, however I would like to apologise on this occasion that you were not allocated a non-smoking room. We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel in the not to distance future

Reviewed 5 April 2014

My trips to Dublin are by car along the M7 so I often stay in hotel along this route but for whatever reason had ignored the Aspect Hotel until this week. But because of the roadworks at Newlands Cross I decided on this occasion that I wanted to be on the city centre side of the M50 on this occasion. And because I wanted to get to Heuston, by car, in the morning, the Aspect Hotel looked right, on the map at least.

And it turned out to be right in most other ways as well, I have to say. My first impression of customer service was excellent with the eastern European gentleman at the desk proving very efficient and pleasant. The ground floor is a large open area with no real separation between reception, the bar and the restaurant. Some might not like that but it made the hotel feel a little livelier to me, than it might otherwise be.

I took the lift to the top floor and my room at the far off corner on the road side. This was 'in compliance' with a request I had made on my booking going by the tips here on Tripadvisor. And it worked a treat - I don't think I heard footsteps outside or above me (obviously) all night.

Which meant I should have got a great night's sleep, except for a single caveat. As I find with most hotels my room was simply too warm. And because the duvet was quite heavy I found it very difficult to sleep. I looked for a lighter blanket in the wardrobe but couldn't find one.

That's one quibble though and I don't want to end this review on a down note because it was excellent overall. Other positives - great wifi (even in the farthest off corner), good decor and ambiance in the room, excellent shower (although no bath) and great service again in the restaurant. All staff seem to be really well trained - I must have been asked a half dozen times if everything was okay with my evening meal, which was a top notch chicken curry.

Room Tip: I took the advice of previous tips on Tripadvisor and requested a top floor room as far away from the elevator as possible. And it worked out very well for me - I heard no noise or footsteps all night.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to place your comments on trip adviser following your stay with us.I was delighted to have received such a positive review on the staff and I do appreciate you taking the time to do this. I do hope that we will have an opportunity to service your hotel requirements again and with that in mind I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.
Sales Manager