“Great Hotel, will come back!”
Review of Beata Solitudo

and 1 more site!
Beata Solitudo
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Agerola
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I can't say anything bad about this hotel, it has been a pleasure staying here. It is a beautiful building, the facilities are new and the rooms are spotless! Paolo (the owner) was very friendly and helpful, very hospitable!
I have already recommended this hotel to my friends and will continue to do so. Will definitely go back! The hotel is located in a small town, bus ride away to Positano, Pompeii, Amalfi, all locations are about 45min - 1 hr away .
Breakfast was amazing, and I was able to use the kitchen to prepare my own meals.
The locations is great to get away and disconnect, I did not want to leave.
Wifi worked great in the lounge area, did not work for me in the room.
Thank you Paolo for sharing this great location!

Room Tip: I stayed at a private room, definitely worth the money.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 19 January 2012

I don't even know where to begin. First of all-the kitchen is the size of a house and modern and clean-you can cook in it every night and save lots of money. The entire place is spotless, modern colorful and comfortable. The hosts are more than welcoming and have thought of every detail-from having bus schedules ready, to recommendations and letting you in for check in late in the night. Our room was highly affordable and charming. What other hostel would give you a heated towel rack in the bathroom or amazingly comfortable beds with modern lighting and a television? From the ambiance to the hospitality to the location-overlooking the cliffs leading down to Amalfi I highly recommend this place. Just note-it's pretty important to have a basic command of Italian to navigate the town, as this is not a touristy town in the slightest. The hostel owners can help you if you are like me and my friend-who did not speak Italian. However to go it on your own and get to town and order food in the local restaurants, etc. come with your best Italian!

Room Tip: Ask for a room not directly next to the church bells-which were going off every hour or more it seem...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank annechimp
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Of the 10 days we traveled throughout Italy, this was our favorite place that we stayed. When we got dropped off in front of the hostel, we were a bit apprehensive because the building from the outside doesn't give much hint to how great the interior space is. We stayed in a private double room with our own bathroom. It was absolutely beautiful- a great mixture of the rustic original and modern renovations. The breakfast was unbelievable by hostel standards- cakes and yogurt and fruit and cereal. The large shared kitchen and eating area was great. In general , it didn't feel much like a hostel (At least the part we were in). There were several families and couples in their 30's and everything was very peaceful and nice. The only potential drawback is the location, especially if you are in the area for just a few days. To get into Amalfi or Positano or any of the other coastal town you'll likely want to visit, it means taking a bus or sometimes two (or a bus and a ferry). The location was nice in the sense that it didn't have the overcrowded tourist feeling of the towns right on the coast, but it was less convenient. Fortunately, the bus stop in San Lazarrro is at the piazza, directly in front of Beata Solitutdo. Overall, highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eleacali
Reviewed 5 August 2011

A great little hostel. The hosts are very friendly and helpful, and know everything there is to know about the Amalfi coast, having lived there most of their lives. The hostel has great facilities-self-catering kitchen, free WIFI, comfy beds, safe storage, clothes washing and drying facilities. The bus-stop and grocery store are 10m from the front door, and the Amalfi coast only a short bus ride away. I thoroughly recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2010

Huge lounge and kitchen area, very comfortable & spacious bedroom and bathroom. There is also a roof with cloth lines & pegs available for hanging your laundry. The hosts, Paolo and his wife, are the best I have ever met in my six week travel. They have the latest timetables and help you plan your itinerary. Paolo knows his area well and I followed his suggested route without problem. After I checked out, the bus to Napoli didn't wait for me for just a few more seconds. Helpless, I went back to ask Paolo for assistance. Never did I expect him to drop everything he was doing and offered to drive me to catch the bus! Though we failed to catch the bus, he dropped me off at the nearest train station so I could continue with my trip. Otherwise I would have to wait for another 3-4 hrs. Paolo, you're the best host and a friend indeed!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 October 2009

As far as accomodation goes you cannot get a more relaxed and friendly place to stay. We stayed in a clean pleasant cabin. The owners go out of their way to make you feel welcomed and comfortable. We will definately be back to stay!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2008

If you are after somewhere to experience the Amalfi coast as it should be, this is the right place! Away from the hordes of tourists in the beautiful towns of Agerola, but close enough to Amalfi & Positano, this hotel is in an excellent location. We stayed in a family room that was very newly renovated and it was very well decked out. It was great being able to cook at night and the vibe was very relaxed. If you are into hiking, the location is great with many walks in the area. The path of the gods is not to be missed . Our hosts were very helpful and gave us lots of good advice. Oh and they have free internet!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Gringravitas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Agerola
Rabbit
#1 of 5 in Conca dei Marini
MiraMare Bed&Breakfast
MiraMare Bed&Breakfast
#9 of 38 in Agerola

Been to Beata Solitudo? Share your experiences!