“A magnificent hike”

Sentiero degli dei (Path of the Gods)
Book In Advance
More Info
US$121.95*
and up
Amalfi Coast Hiking Tour Path Of The Gods 'Sentiero Degli Dei'
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Agerola
Toronto, Canada
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“A magnificent hike”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

The views are magnificent...even though the day we took this hike was cloudy, it added a different dimension to the usual pictures. We hired Lucy (info@zialucy.com) to be our guide...highly recommended because you don't want to get lost in these hills. She was charming and very knowledgeable, guiding us from Bomerano to Nocelle where she lives in the hills above Positano. She brought a lovely picnic of local organic food that we ate in a glade in the forest.

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“The walk of walks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

This is one of the most incredible walks we have ever done. We started our walk in Praiano and headed up the steps to the actual beginning of the Path of the Gods. The scenery is spectacular and at times the steps can be quite challenging however taking them, at your own pace is very manageable.
We had been warned that some people suffer from vertigo and at the top I discovered I was one of those people. On deciding to turn around and come back we met a guide who was leading two others. He coerced me to continue and invited us to join his group. Maurizio was the most incredible person ever - kind, generous, encouraging as well as incredibly knowledgeable. Once confidence was regained we continued the walk alone. A big thank you to Maurizio whose knowledge and gentle nature made this walk even more incredible( and possible)
If you are looking for a guide we can highly recommend Maurizio De Rosa (www.sulsentierodeglidei.it or info@sulsentierodeglidei.it)

2 Thank Nini S
London, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Fantastic hike, but not easy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We took the local bus from Positano to Nocelle, then hiked to Praiano. This route is about 7-8 miles and the Lemon Point is a scenic view along the way. We are in really good shape, but found going downhill (to the village of Praiano) a real challenge and my legs were sore for days! The views are amazing, but if you're not a fan of heights, stay away from the edge of the trail. Be sure to wear good shoes and bring a map since the trail is a bit confusing at different points. There are many nice walks/hikes in this area and the views are breathtaking.

5 Thank Artzy1
Seattle, Washington
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Spectacular Views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is about a 5 mile walk mostly downhill but quite a few uphill portions

I would consider this a moderate hike. Some parts are a nice walking trail however occasionally you do have to go down steps made of rocks and up the same. To complete your walk you do have to descend over 1,000 steps; I am told closer to 2,000. This can be hard on knees!

There is nothing scary about this walk. I was told that the trail is close to the edge but not really. The trail is about 3 feet wide in that area so not an issue at least for me.

There were a number of tours being lead on the walk. They were going at slower pace than me but they let me pass. I was alone and move a pretty good pace and completed the walk in just over two hours. I think 3 to 4 hours is probably normal

At the end in Positano I caught a SITA bus to Amalfi and then back to Fuore where we are staying.

It was well worth the effort and would do it again if the opportunity arises

2 Thank JoeandKay
Portland, Oregon
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Moderate hike”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Overcast when we went. We managed to avoid stepping in pooh from the horse, sheep, goats, and dogs. Mostly rocky path with some compacted dirt. At noccelle we got fresh orange juice and used the bathroom at the restaurant without eating there :)

Then we walked down way too many stairs and finished our trek with delicious sandwiches and pasta from Delicatessen in Positano.

Make sure to wear good shoes.

1 Thank HamptonPDX123