“My home away from home...”
other traveller has booked this property

Review of VILLA PALMIRA

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
amdubeau2...
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
“My home away from home...”
Reviewed 16 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

This friendly, family-run bed & breakfast was just what I needed. It was comfortable, bright, clean, airy, relaxing, and quiet. I had use of a full kitchen, as well as my own bathroom. I was able to walk easily to all of my destinations in a safe neighborhood. The train station was 5 minutes away by car. I hope to go back again and have already recommended it to friends!

Your age range 50-64
styburr
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful family run property with good access to major attractions and sightseeing”
Reviewed 6 May 2017 for a stay in March 2017

We booked this property for its location near the genealogical sites where we hoped to discover traces of our Italian ancestors. It was a wonderful experience. Joe and his family were the most friendly, helpful and hospitable hosts one could ever expect to have. The rooms were large and comfortable and neighborhood itself was interesting and fun to explore. Lots of local Italian hospitality here. So glad we stayed here rather than a hotel.

smgosnell
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great time with my Mom and my daughter! :)”
Reviewed 19 April 2017 for a stay in March 2017

We stayed at Villa Palmira over our spring break. I brought with me my mother (mid 60's) and my daughter (middle school age). We made a lot of great memories on this trip and many of them included the hospitality shown to us by Joe De Simone and his family.

First thing... the location is amazing. Quadrelle is a cute and quaint small town located outside of Naples. Many of our family members were from Naples so it was important to us to be near there as we wanted an authentic experience and see how people in Italy really lived. Often times the 3 of us would walk to a nice restaurant down the street for dinner or at night and we always felt safe. The locals were also very friendly. Another great thing about the location is you are close to so many amazing sights. We were able to explore Pompeii, Sorrento, Positano, Ravello and Naples during day trips. Also, if you're wanting to visit Rome after your stay, the drive was only a couple of hours.
Upon arrival we were happily greeted by the DeSimone's and were immediately treated like family. They even invited us to have a real Italian style family dinner with them upon the night of our arrival. Joe's wife Rena is an INCREDIBLE cook and it was one of the best meals I have ever had. Definitely an experience you could not get at any restaurant. Everything was authentic from each course she served as well as the conversations held at the dinner table.

As we were settling in, we were very pleased with the accommodations the villa/apartment offered as well. It was extremely spacious and very clean. There was plenty of room for all of our things and plenty of bathroom space. As you can imagine, when you are traveling with 3 girls... this is very important obviously. Hahaha. Also, anytime we had any questions at all about anything, Joe or his son Giovanni were available to help us right away.

I would highly reccomend Villa Palmira for anyone wanting to visit this part of Italy! :)

1LAM1
Somersworth, New Hampshire
“A lovely apartment hosted by a lovely family.”
Reviewed 18 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Villa Palmira is a cozy apartment, fully supplied, in the small town of Quadrelle, set at the foot of a mountain range. We got the taste of small town Italian life, and enjoyed several drives through the countryside, but were also within a 30-60 minute drive of Vesuvius, Pompei, Naples, Sorrento, and the Amalfi Coast. Joe De Simone provided us with many useful suggestions and insights into the area, and helped my mother with some genealogy questions. His son Giovanni acted as our tour guide for our genealogical tour of the small nearby towns. The whole family was very gracious. I hope to be able to return someday.

Your age range 35-49
Bernie G
Southbury, Connecticut
“The Perfect Personalized Experience in Southern Italy”
Reviewed 18 December 2016 for a stay in July 2016

I first stayed at the Villa Palmira in 2007 with my oldest daughter and returned again 2016 with 2 other children. I had raved about it so much my sister and her niece invited themselves too. We were all able to stay comfortably in the home and Giovanni and the entire the De Simone family are wonderful hosts. Giovanni arranged EVERYTHING - pickup in Naples, van rental, and then personalized tours of the Amalfi coast and area attractions. He would bring down these delicious breakfasts in the morning - much of it with jams made from fruit trees on the property. Giovanni and the entire De Simone family are warm, funny, knowledgeable, and genuine. We can't wait to go back again!

pathalper...
Bradenton, Florida
“Pleasant, helpful family, apartment in their home, knowledgeable genealogical tour!”
Reviewed 22 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

We chose to stay here because the host provided genealogy expertise prior to our visit and a tour of ancestral villages. It was perfect for our needs. The family were warm, knowledgeable, and Rina is a fantastic cook!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Our hosts and the food!
Liked least: A bit chilly sometimes... But, layered clothing made it fine.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Sara K
“Very Welcome Stay”
Reviewed 17 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

It was lovely to be welcomed into a great space by Joe, Rena, and Giovanni. They immediately made us feel at home and provided wonderful meals and information for us. Giovanni was our guide while exploring some family history in the area and he did a great job both with detective work and with translating for us to/from Italian/English.

Thanks so much for all your hospitality!

Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing