Just returned from a wonderful 10 day holiday split between Ravello and Sorrento (3 days) as a family of five, including 3 teenagers. We drove from Naples airport and have to admit it was teeth grindingly scary! However, from the moment we arrived at the Hotel Guiseppina we all relaxed and it was exactly as expected, fantastic views with the personal touch.The rooms with the balconies overlooking the Ravello scenery were like no other we had experienced, and we never tired of sitting whilst enjoying a bottle of chilled Prossecco to unwind after walking up and down the hundreds of steps to Amalfi and Ravello (my knees will never be the same!). On the first night 'Three tenors ' performed in Scala square free to all and we had the most perfect time. Both daughters swooned with the young mens good looks.Another brilliant jazz concert in Ravello overlooking the Amalfi coast brought another momentus 'good to be alive' 2 hours. Whilst a piano recital in Scala church provided an evening of perfect tranquility and relaxation, with ice cream provided by a local Amalfi ice cream van during the interval.
Initially we were in rooms 15 and 16 overlooking the hills, and on request the lovely Carla worked her magic and on day 3 we were moved to two rooms overlooking the sea view and the whole of Ravello.
This hotel was extremely clean, comfortable and homely and nothing was too much trouble for the staff.The beautiful Maria served excellent croissants and coffee each morning. If you expect to be entertained and kept awake with loud music into the early hours then this is not the hotel for you! However, if like us you're looking for an excellent base with stunning views, peace and tranquility then this hotel hits the spot. We easily managed Positano, Amalfi, Pompeii from this base whilst allowing for time exploring the streets of Ravello and a few delicious meals and cocktails. (Recommending the spectacular view at Villa Maria in Ravello sipping a cocktail.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly built, with every modern comfort, the Hotel "La Margherita - Villa Giuseppina" is situated in Scala the heart of the Amalfi Coast, between Amalfi and Ravello.Open the whole year round. All rooms with private shower and balcony. Central heating. Large terraces for sunbathing. Swimming pool and solarium. Family management. Very reasonable prices. Excellent cooking. Own parking ground. us connections during the day. The hotel is situated in a prticulary quiet position, away from the traffic noise. It is the right place for a perfect stay and relaxing holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your La Margherita Villa Giuseppina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Margherita Villa Giuseppina Hotel Scala
- La Margherita Villa Giuseppina Scala, Italy - Amalfi Coast