Recently returned from a family holiday. Arrived late at night and to our surprise were greeted with a pre-prepared meal. Breakfast is served on a verranda overlooking Ravello and the surrounding valley - great views - breath-taking to be more precise. The hotel staff are all absolutely charming and cannot do enough to help. Particular mention should be made of Maria, Carla and Cecilia. The pool area is comfortable and not too crowded, even allowing for the sunlounger reserver brigade. There is no need to do this to get a spot. The hotel only has 21 rooms but space around the pool for way more. We did half board but took lunch in the restaurant a few times. Great food. The evening meals are served in the restaurant 400m away. Straight forward no-nonsense Italian cuisine. Again the restaurant staff cannot do enough to please. Scala itself is quite a small provincial town which was fabulous to escape to, after the hustle and bustle of Amalfi and Positano. I would happily return to stay and plan on doing so. The rooms are basic but comfortable and spotlessly clean. Come with an open mind and be prepared to relax. Scala is not the place to stay if you are looking for a touristy experience, but I would strongly recommend it, if you want a retreat in the hills with great views, good on site cuisine and an authentic Italian experience. Would recommend walk to Ravello (20-25 mins) and Amalfi (60-70 mins) and a boat trip around the coastline. Amalfi is the hub for all transfers. Get the bus back from Amalfi after the walk down the mountain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly built, with every modern comfort, the Hotel "La Margherita - Villa Giuseppina" is situated in Scala the heart of the Amalfi Coast, between Amalfi and Ravello.Open the whole year round. All rooms with private shower and balcony. Central heating. Large terraces for sunbathing. Swimming pool and solarium. Family management. Very reasonable prices. Excellent cooking. Own parking ground. us connections during the day. The hotel is situated in a prticulary quiet position, away from the traffic noise. It is the right place for a perfect stay and relaxing holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Margherita Villa Giuseppina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Margherita Villa Giuseppina Hotel Scala
- La Margherita Villa Giuseppina Scala, Italy - Amalfi Coast