“Fabulous location and food”

Ristorante Umberto a Mare
Ranked #17 of 108 Restaurants in Forio
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Great service and food.A great view. End of October so very quiet, but service discreet, food superb.
Local white wine suggested by waiter. Total for two about 85 euro. Worth it.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

We stopped for lunch and I was not expecting anything out of the ordinary. I had the assorted fish dish and it was probably one of the best meals I have ever had in Italy. Beautifully cooked and well presented. Add to that, seating overlooking the bay made the meal complete. I should imagine a very special place if you wish to celebrate something special in the evening.

Reviewed 8 June 2013

Recommmended by a taxi driver, we were attracted by the strategic location. We went for lunch. Fine cuisine. Elegant interiors and fabulous view. Limited choice but unique and creative plates. Service is excellent and friendly. White tuna was delicious and the mixed appetizer.

Reviewed 7 October 2012

Fabulous cliff top sea views, food was excellent and we'd recommend the taster menus. The wine list is extensive but on the two occasions we eat here, we chose the locally produced Ischian wine for about 20 euros, and loved it !
All staff were really friendly and more than happy to talk through the menu.

marco e umberto r, Proprietario at Ristorante Umberto a Mare, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2012

Dear Phil, thank you for your kind words, we hope you come back soon on our little island

Reviewed 30 September 2012

I would recommend this restaurant for your special night out/special occasion when you are in Ischia. The cuisine (this is cuisine, not pizza and pasta!!!) is of a very good quality, and the staff helpful and attentive. There are some excellent selections on the wine list, with choices that will cover most budgets for your big night out, expect to pay 30euros for a reasonable bottle of wine. As I have hinted at, you are not going to come here and spend less than 100 euros, personally myself and my wife spent 140 euros for a three course meal plus wine, you could spend a lot more, you are unlikely to be abe to spend much less. Worth the money, but you are not likely to come here if you are on a budget!