“Nice location by the port of Forio”
Review of La Bella Napoli

La Bella Napoli
Ranked #14 of 108 Restaurants in Forio
Price range: US$16 - US$63
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Had noticed this small pizzeria showing as trip advisor's top restaurant in Forio and following a recommendation by a local trader decided to try it out. Had a simple dinner of spaghetti putanesca and my partner had a pizza margarita washed down with a carafe of local wine. We loved the location by the port despite there being a very busy main road between the two and sat outside to enjoy the view. My partner loved her pizza but I was a little disappointed with my pasta though it was a dish I hadn't tried before (with loads of olives and olive oil) and it was probably a poor choice by me. Service was efficient though not warm. I will try again with a different menu choice next time and hopefully upgrade my rating.

1  Thank CornwallGolfer54
Write a ReviewReviews (1,332)

Reviewed 29 December 2012

Well when one travels to Italy one must try an Italian Pizza. Looking for a place to go I was recommended by my hotel staff to go to La Bella Napoli. When I arrived, I didn't want to go in because it was full and needless to say I had no reservation. Still the waiter got me a small table, which felt a little bit cramped, but since I was already there I ordered a small italian seafood pizza. Well, it was absolutely delicious. Can't complain. The service was also good and the pricing was also ok. It was also very entertaining seeing how they make pizza. Being my first time in Italy it was very entertaining to see that. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anybody who travels to Ischia, Italy.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

Looking at the reviews I think we may have gone when they were having a bad night? The restaurant itself was ok, but very busy, the staff were not at all friendly and seemed a bit put out that we had asked for a table! We waited ages for drinks and bread, but the table next to us came in after us (they were Italian) and had drinks, bread and their order taken before us, at that point we were about to walk out. We actually felt that they were ignoring us because we were English. When we finally ordered, my boyfriend ordered steak and the guy wrote it down so quick and raced off before we could ask if you got chips and salad with it, we had to call him back or he would have ended up with just a piece of steak! I had a seafood spaghetti, which was quite thick and rubbery. I didn't enjoy it at all. Best bit of the evening was watching the young chef making pizzas, very very entertaining and I wish I had ordered pizza instead!!

2  Thank SarahLuisa
Reviewed 5 September 2012

we went there 4 times ,you need to book at night,very good example on mediterranean food and top pizza too napoletan style!

Reviewed 22 July 2012

We shared a wonderful meal here. The Bella Napoli appetizer is exquisite. Ciro & Leo are very nice and made sure everything was good with our meal. This restuarant is a MUST when visiting Forio