“Peace and quiet”

Ranked #1 of 81 Hotels in Forio
Manchester
“Peace and quiet”
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 5 nights and wished we'd stayed for longer. The hotel is situated a 10 minute walk from the beautiful town of Lacco Ameno. Set in beautiful surroundings the hotel is a haven of tranquility. Staff are very friendly, rooms are spacious and pristine with free mini bar (juice and water), breakfast offers good options, restaurant is classy, bar is swanky, pool is very clean and good size for swimming, offer free shuttle to lacco ameno and forio - the list of positives goes on and on.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mancmark

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I cannot say enough great things about this hotel. Both rooms and bathrooms are big. Superior rooms have a little patio in front which is perfect for enjoying the beautiful gardens of the hotel. Breakfast was amazing....10 if not more types of bread, around 15 different freshly baked cakes, hot foccaccia, mozzarella, ricotta, fresh squeezed juice as well as 5 or 6 other types of juices. There are plenty of tables outside to enjoy the beautiful scenery or one can sit inside the restaurant which has picture windows so you can still enjoy the view. My husband and I also wanted to thank the very hospitable and wonderful owners of the hotel. It's rare to meet such people and I am very happy to have had the opportunity. I really hope to visit them again in the near future. Thank you Luigi and Rita for making our stay extra special. We travelled as a couple (left kids with inlays) but there were many families with young children. The hotel also offers shuttle service and you can walk to the Negombo.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank adryspat
Anonymous
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I had a lot of complaints about this hotel and they were mainly the communication as the hotel staff cannot speak good English. The reception was not keen to recommend or really help me plan my travel plans as the language was already a barrier and I honestly think they should have just been more upfront about the services they were providing. Their beautiful website sold it to me and gave me the impression they were offering 4 star service. As language was an issue, booking a massage at their spa was a mission as the reception at the spa was not friendly at all. I think the hotel needs to understand what a four star means, it means the service should be top-notch or near top-notch. The breakfast and restaurant services were of 3 star in my opinion, but the reception and spa services was in my opinion only 1 star. Cleaning services were great, always giving me a good smile and replacing my towels and catering to any needs I need so I would give them 4 stars for that. They also had a shuttle service which dropped you off at the nearest city center for dinners but the times were not convenient and sometimes it was late so it was hard to plan your evening. All in all, the staff had good will and tried to help as problems arise, but this actually stressed me as I spent money to come to relax and not get stressed about where to go and what to do let alone trying to plan my trip. As I was not the only one that was dissatisfied with this hotel, the hotel boss should read my review and start taking my criticism as productive criticism to improve their services. When you're a foreigner coming to a foreign country, it relies on the hotel to provide as much information about planning your trip and what to expect. This level of detail is so important because that was the reason why I booked for four stars and not 3 stars or less. I was expecting the kind of service which I felt was worthy of the four stars.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank the_travel_spy
Guildford
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Flew into Naples and ferried across to Ischia - taxi from the port to the Hotel, Garden & Villas Resort. First impressions were superb, friendly check-in & a short tour of the hotel via golf buggy - we stayed in a suite (193) with a very large upstairs terrace and jacuzzi and a fab view ! Overall opinion of this room is a little negative since I found the bed far too hard and the terrace was a waste of space unless you were thinking about holding a private dinner or similar. Friends of ours stayed in room 198 and I would recommend this room above ours …. The bar and restaurant staff, particularly Lorenzo and Francesco were fantastic and made the stay all the more enjoyable. Food was great (Italy!) although we booked half board and I would have preferred to wonder down to the town(?) and eat out a couple of times. There is a beach a short walk from the hotel albeit a hike coming back up. The beach was great with a paid and non-paid area. We ate panini's for a snack but there is a full buffet restaurant. Everybody was super friendly, mainly Italians on vacation. Certainly recommend a trip to Capri for the day and the chair lift to the top of the mountain. We also chartered a small boat (10 people) and went around the entire coastline of Ischia, stopping at S. Angelo for beers, proscecco and Mozzarella !

Room Tip: A little research upfront to select best room advised
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ming1964
Philly
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I just returned from a vacation in Italy that included 5 days at this resort in Ischia. Our time at the resort was FABULOUS! The rooms were beautiful, the resort is spectacular, but it was the staff that made our stay memorable. Even before we arrived the Emilios (yes there are 2 of them) at the front desk were extremely helpful in providing transportation from the port to the hotel, arranging excursions for us and answering a myriad of email questions we had before we left the US. When we arrived we were escorted to our villas that were beautiful. The resort is incorporated into the environment so you really feel like you experience the raw beauty of the island. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and beautifully decorated. The air conditioning worked perfectly which was a nice surprise since the last time I traveled to Italy I was hard pressed to find a place that even had air conditioning.

Our group consisted of 13 members - 2 families and a set of grandparents whose ages ranged from 9 - 73 and EVERYONE had a great time. Francesco in the restaurant was the first person we met and he immediately became a part of our group. He ran a tight ship at the restaurant but still managed to spend time laughing and joking around with us. There was always a table for 13 prepared in the dining room at every meal for us. All the staff made us feel so welcome and their smiles brightened our day. The food was delicious and a great variety of choices. I loved the fact that all the food was grown on the island and you could taste the freshness. Mario made sure we always had prosecco or a homemade lemonade at the pool or on the terrace.

There is truly nothing missing at this resort. The views are amazing. A nice benefit is that the location is convenient to the Negombo thermal water park. My family was able to walk there from the hotel although the hotel does offer shuttle service hourly to the park. Our family had some beautiful memories of our time on Ischia and it was largely due to our experience at the resort. I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting, a little gem on a lush green island in the Mediterranean sea. Thank you Garden and Villas Resort!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank PhillySacajawea
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We stayed at this lovely resort in July, and it was just perfect. They gave us an upgrade to a deluxe room with sea view. The rooms are in small Villas, that are situted in a huge garden. The service is absolutely perfect, The hotel really deserves 5 stars.
The garden is full of fruit and vegetables, and of couse the characteristic(for Ischia) lemons and peppers. They sure have a great gardner.
The staff is very helpful, they will do their best to help you out.
The sea is 5minutes away, and it is worth the walk. For 18 euros at the reception you can rent 2sunbeds and an umbrella on the beach of San Montano.
The restaurant near the pool is another great place of this resort. Every night you get a different two course menu, with a salad bar and dessert at the end of your mel. In six nights the menu was never the same. Also, if you don't like any of the choices on the menu, they will make you something different. A big "thank you" to Francesco, the maitre d', who was so kind, funny, and most of all professional.
The food is great, everything is fresh. Also on tuesdays and saturdays, the chef makes pizza for lunch. Try it, and you'll never forget it!
So overall, I would highly recommend this place, it is calm and oh so beautiful.

Room Tip: The deluxe and luxury rooms have a very nice seaview
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Irina P
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We spent one week in this resort redeeming miles hence we got a classic room ( basic) but were more than pleased.
The resort feel pretty new and well cared and clean.
personnel is very friendly, attentive but not invadent and make you feel very confortable.
Sometimes in Italy the criteria of attribution of stars ranking to hotel is not very straighforward but in this case I think 4+ stars is adeguate.
This resort is perfect if you Are looking for quiteness and privacy and relax, you will love relaxing in the swimming pool with the silence around and a soft music on the background.
If you like to go to the beach you will need to walk for a while down to a steepy but shadowed path to join a structure that is not private to the hotel.
I do not love beaching but this location is great if you like running/jogging since from here you can practically reach any point of the island through secondary paths and road.
Room is well mainteined by attentive staff that took in consideration our requests.
It is nice that they refill daily the minibar with complimentary mineral water and soft drinks.
Breakfast is of high quality and with a good selection of food.
We dine sometimes at the resort but generally preferred to go out, dinners is in a nice location, food is good (not exceptional) only things we note buffet dishes are not promptly refilled so if you arrive late you risk to miss some of the delicacies.
Only real weak point that need to be fixed is the wi-fi: it is nice that they offer it complimentary in the common areas of the resort, the signal is very strong but the bandwidth is negligeable hence practically you cannot us it.
Be aware if you need to stay connected that also the mobile coverage is weak in this part of island but at the end you are here not forstaying connected 24/7!!!!
The bar is worth a visit....despite in this season best is to stay outside have a look to the inside that is very cozy!!!
The day of departure having a late afternoon boat they offered a room for shower and rest before departing, very appreciated!!
Finally a very good experience and nice location if you want to visit Ischia (much better than Ischia town).

Room Tip: Stay closer to the pool area and you will be convenient for reaching all resort sections
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Carcentina
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forio
Hotel Villa Janto
Grifo Hotel Charme & SPA
#3 of 41 in Casamicciola Terme
Hotel Residence Torre Sant'Angelo
Grand Hotel Punta Molino Beach Resort & SPA

Been to Garden & Villas Resort? Share your experiences!