“Royal Palm”

Hotel Terme Royal Palm
Ranked #13 of 81 Hotels in Forio
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I was there at the end of August. It spent really amazing time there :-)) Hotel area is beautiful with many and many flowers and trees. Guys from the food service were the best ;-) They have still good mood. And food are delicious too. When you see view from the terrace, when you have dinner, you're glad and happy. It's wonderfull and I hope, that I will see this again. I recomend this place so much and send greetings especially to Mario and Gionni and other too :-)

Veronika, Czech Republic

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 September 2012

I've been in this hotel in September 2012. Very quiet , comfortable place, all amenities near by, sandy beach- all you need in one place. Staff very helpful, delicious fresh food. I spent there good time with friends. Easy access to Naples, Capri.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Agi S
Reviewed 12 August 2012

At first we should stay in another hotel, but I am really glad that our travel agency moved us to Royal Palm. Hotel is pleasant and good located, so you can enjoy dramatics views of seaside from the Hotel Restaurant and rooms. There are several swimming pools and SPA facilities. Food is fresh, healthy and delicious. But the best thing is the service, mainly the staff from Restaurant. Waiters always smile, make jokes and it´s nice to hear greetings in your language with their Italian pronunciation. I can´t do anything else than recommend this hotel for holidays.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank JolanaH
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Back from my various travelling around the world I had a wonderful holiday at the Royal Palm, a beautiful Hotel in Ischia overlooking the Bay of Forio. My room and bathroom were very spacious and comfortable, with prompt room service available and from my terrace I could admire a stunning view of the sea. The Hotel has excellent SPA facilities and 3 swimming pools. It is surrounded by a beautiful big and lovely terrace for the outdoor restaurant and the bar area where you can have a drink and your meal looking into the bay through the palm trees and bougainville and witness in the evening a spectacular pink sunset into the sea.
The main restaurant has an indoor area with air con facilities and also an outdoor area on the terrace. Buffets for starters and breakfast are laid out every day. The staff is absolutely charming, always smiling and with nice daily greetings. The restaurant has an excellent service and delicious fresh food with a very good and varied daily menu. The actual owner of the Hotel Mrs di Meglio charmingly greets all the clients at their table at dinner time to ensure that everything is at their satisfaction.The main beach is only 5 min walk downhill but a shuttle service is provided to take the guests forth and back throughout the day. And excellent, frequent and very convenient local bus service will drop you in the various other amenities for shopping , sight-seeing or meeting with friends. I had a really good time and will definitely come back next year.

Room Tip: The rooms with a sea views are amazing.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank fulvia l
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Ok...if you are looking for a quiet vacation with nothing to do but be stranded in this (in my opinion 1.5 star hotel), then be my guest, this may be for you..
OTHERWISE....you may be in for a great disappointment.
This place is located in a quiet place in Forio - ok you may think this is good but no...it is not. My friends and I were bored out of our minds! So, we had to take a taxi all the time to even find some shops or places to eat.
Speaking of eating, breakfast here was so minimal and cheap (and not fresh...stale breads and pastries..)
Personally, I did not like the staff...they were not helpful and very rude.. perhaps since we were a group of young females they thought they could get away with jipping us off or not being 100% nice and helpful.

And... not sure if this was from this hotel but one of my friends had little bites all over her body after we left the hotel (she noticed while we were on the hydrofoil to Capri from Ischia) Perhaps it isn't fair to blame it on the hotel maybe having bed bugs but I have my suspicions. I tried calling the hotel to let them know so then they could check our room and prevent any further damage for the next guests but the hotel was unreachable over the telephone and when I finally got in contact they were rude (when I was trying to help THEM).

So that this review as it is...maybe you will have better luck here.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Dan O
Reviewed 13 August 2011

This is not a 4-star hotel !!!
Drawbacks:
1. Very small rooms (even smaller than a typical Italian 3-star room), Very uncomfortable beds
2. Rats running right behind the room door
3. No free internet access.
4. No room service
5 Any infomation only in German and Italian (no English)
6. "Russian hotel" (many Russians)
7. 150 meters high from the beach, no transfer to the beach.
8. No normal transfers to the cities of Ischia.
Advantages:
1. Mario - restorant service chief - is the best!!! He speaks any language and provides a good service and atmosphere in the restorant
2. Good views
3. Not far from the Poseidon thermal park.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Renat F
Reviewed 9 June 2011

All our group-44 the person very much liked to have a rest in hotel. We ordered all numbers with a view of the sea and all were very happy. Fine pools, good meal, magnificent kinds - our dreams have come true.
Tatiana,
Russia, Tumen reg.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forio
Park Imperial Hotel Terme
Semiramis Hotel de Charme Ischia
Park Hotel Terme Mediterraneo
Hotel Residence Torre Sant'Angelo
2 mi away
Punta Chiarito Resort Hotel Ristorante
Hotel Le Querce Terme & Spa

Been to Hotel Terme Royal Palm? Share your experiences!