“Ahhhh!!!! Love it!!!”

Ranked #3 of 36 Forio B&B and Inns
Asbury Park, New Jersey
“Ahhhh!!!! Love it!!!”
Reviewed 22 October 2011

The apartment (my #8) was very clean, comfortable with a full kitchnet if you like to cook...:)
Who in the right mind will cook in Ischia...hahaha!!!
The shower very tiny, clean and all the toiletries included, as well towels and bedding.
Very nice add-on is the in room safe.
It has a restaurant down below and a terrace on the second floor and to top it all off, an amazing terrace on the water...

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Chimango

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Over and above the call of duty is all I can say!!!
I arrived on Ischia to attend a family wedding, staying only for a couple of days.  I, and  two other friends, chose La Rotonda Sul Mare because of it's location on the beach and it's close proximity to the wedding venue. From the moment I landed on shore the owner, Amerigo was there to warmly welcome me and take me to the hotel.  The hotel position is amazing, it is on the seafront, literally on the water, tucked inside San Francesco bay, and  a very short walk to the village and the port of Forio. The hotel is family run and very relaxed and comfortable, everything you could want or need for an island holiday. The Owner/Host, Amerigo is born and bred on Ischia,  there is nothing he doesn't know about the Island.  His family even owns a vineyard and an exquisite restaurant, which the other wedding guests got to experience before I arrived, they were very impressed, the food, the wine, the aspect, the family and the hospitality was superb!
Unfortunate for me, but also fortunately for me, I had an accident on the 1st night, and being in a strange country without being able to speak the language, it could have been an absolute nightmare, however, Amerigo came to my rescue like I couldn't believe! He took me, along with my two distressed friends to the hospital in the middle of the night, and stayed by my side for
the whole ordeal, translating with doctors and nurses and comforting me and my friends! After a night in the hospital, 6 stitchers in my head, cat scans etc., he was there later in the morning to arrange my discharge and to get me to the wedding on time!! I can't say enough about this man's caring sensitivity, nothing was too much trouble for him! He waited on me/us, hand and foot from arrival to departure, providing transport, advice, food, coffee, painkillers, and friendship!
As I sit here in Roma having just left the island and still nursing a very sore head, I can't wait to return to Ischia and La Rotonda again, hopefully in the near future, to spend more time leisurely exploring this beautiful island and enjoying the company of it's beautiful people, hopefully next time there won't be any accidents on my part and I get to fully experience :)).
Amerigo, I can't thank you enough!!

Room Tip: Room no.1 is fantastic with it's own rooftop terrace! 2 bedrooms and bellisimo views :)
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Warington
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Everything we had read was true and then some....Amerigo made us feel like family from day 1, nothing was too much trouble...his families restaurant was the best meal we ate during our stay and Mama Tina's Rabbit was truly delicious, not to mention Papa Salvatore's home made Limencello!. Never before have i booked a return holiday, but already in the diary for next year....Grazia Amerigo...see you next year...Jeanette, Clare & Denise x

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2011

A great place in an excellent location, with everything you need just a few steps away: sandy beach, private swimming platform (you don't even have to cross the road - a private tunnel will take you straight there), a medieval town with lots of great shops and restaurants, ferry port, etc. etc.
The rooms are very clean and well appointed. The owner/manager, Amerigo Colella goes out of his way to make sure his guests are comfortable, and provides local knowledge and advice, maps and everything else you need to really appreciate all this lovely island has to offer. It seems no place is out of reach, as he even offered to personally drive us to some destinations!
We had a romantic holiday, and were made to feel right "at home", including on our numerous visits to the charming family restaurant on the top of the hill- La Casereccia, (aptly named because this roughly translates into "home cooking"). Here we had incredible pizzas- the best we've have had anywhere, expertly made by Amerigo's brother Lorenzo, and sampled special local dishes cooked by their mother, Tina.
We have been back home now for a month and still savour the wonderful atmosphere of La Rotonda sul mare. We''ll be back for sure!

Room Tip: Contact Amerigo and give him an idea of what you would like, and he'll try to accomodate you
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Very good location. Just on the see shore. Close to two thermal parks (Nigombo and Poseidon). Very convenient deck for swimming and taking a tan. Incredible hospitality of the host (Amerigo) who is ready to help you every minute.

Room Tip: If you want more space for two people ask for three person room. Then you will have two rooms and wi...
Culemborg
Reviewed 19 July 2011

The location, atmosphere and facilities of La Rotonda Sul Mare are really great. This is a perfect place to spend your holiday in Ischia. First of all it's on the seafront, with free sunbeds and umbrella, canoes and a pedalo. And it's only a short walk to Forio centre, but it's on the other side of a dead-end seaside street from Forio-centre, so no traffic and very quiet. Then the atmosphere, it's very friendly. Amerigo, the owner and his staff are ever so helpful in every respect and Amerigo makes you feel at home from day one. He speaks English very well. There is nice bar and breakfast room, there are 2 PC's with free internet, books and games. And there is the upper terrace for a nice beer or wine and a great view of the sunset at the end of the day.
The room's are not luxurious, but if you're in to that, you're looking at 4-star hotels anyway. The price/value is great. Everything is there, even a safe and it's spotlessly clean. And you don't need or want to spend too much time in your room anyway in summer....

Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2011

This was our first visit to the beautiful island of Ischia and we hope to return very soon! The hostel was perfectly situated for the beach, nearby Forrio (15-20 minutes walk) and transport links (bus) to other parts of the island - but it was the service we received at La Rotonda Sul Mare that is most remarkable, being the friendliest we have encountered anywhere in the world.

- We were offered a larger room at no extra cost within a couple of hours of our arrival, free rides up to the family restaurant (bellissimo!), nearby attractions and to Forrio ferry port on the day of our departure from the lovely Amerigo - and I was even taken care of by the family doctor during our stay! Nothing was too much trouble - and it was great to feel so well-looked after. The view from our window, cleanliness and facilities within our accommodation and breakfast on the terrace (overlooking the bay and sea) also made our stay at this hostel very enjoyable.

A big thank you to Amerigo for all his kindness and time in making our holiday memorable in all the right ways - we hope to see you again one day in the not too distant future!

• Stayed June 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forio
Hotel Tritone Wellness Center
#2 of 36 in Forio
Villa Le Magnolie
Villa Le Magnolie
#4 of 36 in Forio

Been to La Rotonda Sul Mare? Share your experiences!