“The best island experience”
Review of Poggio del Sole

Poggio del Sole
Ranked #28 of 81 Hotels in Forio
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I have never been in such family-warm and charming place in my entire life!
Collella family is fully devoted to the best service, impressions and comfort.
Since we arrived, there was a minor ambiguity, wich was hold in a perfect manner. There were nothing to spoil our vacation, only positive moments.
Once we needed a scooter to get to the sea and go through sightseeings. I asked signore Colella for an advise, where i can get a good one and then was given a scooter right in the hotel. It was a pleasure to find out, that i was not charged for that!
Due to our rest we were needed in transportation from time to time - never failed.
Also we were supported in our trip to Capri with a lots of information, transportation and assistans in getting tickets.
The restaurant is one of the best in Ischia! Marvellous grill-oven made an excellent fish and meat for us. It goes without saying, that the fish was extremely fresh.
There are a huge variety of pizza, which cooks in a special oven in the evenings.
Clams, bread, olive oil, house wine - whatever you take it gives you a pleasure!
The view from a rooms is the thing, that you can hardly forget! You will need nothing better, than a fascinating sunset at the balcony table, with some sparkling wine and fresh fruits...
Our room was nice, cosy and always fresh.
If you are quite lazy for reaching the sea, you can have a suntan or swim at the hotel terrase.
That was a briefly review.
When i go to the Ischia next time, i'll stay at Poggio del Sole!

Room Tip: The higer you get - the better!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Nyatinsson

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This place is a word -- Wonderful. Beautiful views of the mountains as well as the clear blue waters. The unique charm of this place is the that it is family run and they embrace you as one of their own. The restaurant was amazing, food was finger licking good and melt in your mouth. Guiseppe and his family took care of me and my mate so well and nothing was too much to ask. I can't say enough about this place and I cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Anu J
Reviewed 9 February 2014

This place is paradise. Beautiful views, clean rooms, and amazing meals. The family is fantastic and a lot of fun! They will take care of you and treat you like family. I dream of going back here daily! Thank you for an amazing time on Ischia!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle J
Reviewed 17 December 2013

My friend and me stayed in this beautiful hotel on the stunning island of Ischia in 2011.

The family who own the hotel are wonderful and take care of every possible need.

I had cooking lessons with the family and language lessons were also available. The restaurant is one of the best I have ever eaten in.

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. One day I will definitely be back :)

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the Island and we had the most beautiful sunset every evening.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kimberley D
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I wanted to spend a nice relaxing holiday in a relaxing place.
I checked the comments hence my expectations were high, but the holiday exceeded even my more optimistic expectations.
The place has a very nice view on the sunset in Forio. While we were there, it was even possible to see Ventotene Island and Ponza.
The food was delicious: I have eaten in my countries and places and without any doubt I can say that the cooking of ‘mamma Colella’ really belongs to the top.
The friendly and helpful family was always doing their best to let us feel well and I really felt as we were part of the family.
We were 3 adults (my dad, my wife and myself) and 4 kids (11, 9,6 and 1 year).
At the end of the holiday the full family agreed to get back to Ischia exactly in the same hotel in the future.

Room Tip: We were in the 207
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MarDur1972
Reviewed 12 June 2013

What a fantastic place to stay. If you're in Ischia, and need somewhere relaxing and friendly to stay you won't go wrong giving the Colella family a call! We were in Italy for a friends wedding, who had booked the entire party into the hotel and we had an exceptionally nice trip.

Fitting a large number of people into a small vehicle to be given a lift back to the hotel from the Spas was just another highlight of an unforgettable trip, although I don't recommend that if you have a fear of speed, sharp inclines, tiny spaces or are generally of a nervous temperament. (Although a testament to the owners dedication to his guests, driving us all over the island a lot of the time!)

Thank-you all very much, we wish you every success with you business, and hope that if we are ever back in Ischia, we will make another visit.

Chris & Jenny x

Room Tip: Ask for one with a view, I'm sure you'll not be disappointed.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank TheManorHouseInn
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Nothing is too much to ask at this really unique place. Run by three brothers (Bepe, Lorenzo and Amarigo), mama Tina and papa Salvatore, the thing that really makes this place is the service and the delicious food! Home made bloody orange marmalade at breakfast was the best we have ever tasted. We asked for a cookery lesson on to how make ravioli and this was no problem at all - and they were so good I am salivating as I write this. The pizzas, seafood salad, roast rabbit, artichokes, stuffed courgette flowers and tiramisu - all amazing. My husband is Italian so we know a thing or two about Italian food. The brothers shuttle you around to the beach, thermal springs or wherever you want to go.
We are a family with two boys aged 2 and 5yrs. There is a small pool and pleasant lounge area with jacuzzi. Our boys spent all day playing around here as the water in the jacuzzi was lovely and warm. Our room was cleaned every day and the views from our private terrace were fantastic. You really feel at home at this place and it is great value. We have travelled to many places all over the world and we have stayed in all sorts of places; from simple bungalows/ guesthouses on Thai beaches to the Four Seasons hotels in places such as Mauritius and Florence. This place is so charming- we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank DavideandStella
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forio
Hotel Nettuno
Casa del Sole
#9 of 81 in Forio
Garden & Villas Resort
Park Hotel Terme Mediterraneo

Been to Poggio del Sole? Share your experiences!