We, i. e. my wife Sabrina, our 7 and 3 years old children and me, have visited this great hotel for the third year in a row. And more visits will follow. Why? There are several reasons:
Firstly, the great family running the hotel. They made every endeavour to make our trips perfect. They pick you up from the harbour, they get you to the Spas of Ischia (and back), the get you to the beach. In case you need advice or a rental car or even a scooter, they help. And every time you feel that you are welcome.
Secondly, the hotel has charming rooms, all with a great seaview, and every sunset is impressing. We could enjoy them every evening on our terrace, every room has one, I think, really romantic.The hotel is a little bit up on the hills of the mountain Epomeo and I miss that great panorama. You can spot the island Ventotene on the left, which is 40 km away,to the right, where the hills of Ischia cover the Gulf of Naples a bit, you can see the mountains of the mainland in the mist. Priceless.
Thirdly: Besides the hotel the family Colella also run a restaurant with typical Ischitanian food an pizza. And believe me, although the food was already good, we discovered that it is even getting better. The reason on one side is the passion of Lorenzo's and Mama Tina's cooking, on the other side there are the fresh vegetables they grow on their own soil. This summer we discovered the big barbeque, which was new. And no matter if we ordered fish or meat, everthing was delicious and grilled to perfection. And it is far from being expensive.
Fourthly: If you don't like public crowded public beaches you go to private ones, for which you normally have to pay for. If you are a guest at Colella's Poggio del Sole you can use their private sea terrace for free and the family will get you there. It is a great place for snorkeling, swimming, and if you like, you can use canoes or pedal boats.
We also enjoyed the pool you can see on the photos. Great (and clean) pleasure after our hiking tour or our trip to Pompeji and the Vesuvio. There also was a jaccuzzi!
So, to keep it short: for us it was a once again a perfect holiday, due to the amiable hosts, the beautiful facility, the tasty cooking and the many, many warm and friendly encounters we had with the Colella family. We cannot wait to get there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Poggio del Sole provides everything you might need to make your vacation perfect. All rooms feature a private bathroom with hairdryer, satellite TV, personal safe, mini-refrigerator, air conditioning, heating, and internet wi-fi connection. Also available are fully serviced two bedroom apartments with small kitchenettes for 4-6 people. Each room boasts either a balcony or terrace with unobstructed views of the Mediterranean sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HostelWorld, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Poggio del Sole reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Poggio Del Sole Forio
- Poggio Del Sole Hotel Forio
- Poggio Del Sole Isola D'Ischia, Italy - Forio