“Family Charm Hotel”

Ranked #12 of 81 Hotels in Forio
St. John's, Canada
“Family Charm Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

My wife and two baby children stayed for 4 nights. The lush, serene surroundings put you at ease immediately and the thermal spring water pool is just what you need towards the end of the day. The staff and management were exceedingly friendly, caring and helpful:
- They patched up my 2 year old son's elbow after he had a fall
- Assisted me with calls in Italian after I had a minor car accident (and reduced my stress levels)
- Provided recommendations for food, travel and things to do
The daily breakfast (included) is fantastic, caters for all and is a great way to start the day.
The huge benefit is the proximity (200m) from Poseidon Gardens - get there, you will want to go every day. We did every day bar one.
To sum it up: Serene, friendly, lush and in the juxtaposition of Ischia.

Room Tip: A room on ground level (larger) closest to Poseidon Gardens was the best - our own little terrace wi...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Stuart S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I can't recommend this hotel highly enough , my wife and are are very fussy about where we stay and most often we rent a house or apartment, so this was quite a change for us .
The position is very good, 5/10 minutes walking to the beach, restaurants etc. but no noise from traffic as the beach road finishes as Poseidon which is a must to visit. The hotel his tastefully decorated in an artistic fashion as both of the owners are artists themselves, the gardens are a pleasure and the rooms are very comfortable, our room had a sea view and the only sound at night time was the sound of the sea. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and kind, be sure to ask their advice when planning days out, they know very well the best places and beaches to visit and will advise you accordingly. There is a large terrace where breakfast is taken and again everything was tip top! Michael Drake

Room Tip: we had a room with sea view, cant speak about the other rooms , I would always avoid rooms that are...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MAN_DRAKE146
Fernandina Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Friendly, helpful staff. Nice location. Very short walk to a nice beach with several beachfront bars and restaurants. The pool is quite large (especially by European standards) and the gardens are amazing. What's not to like? Oh, and the complimentary breakfast is excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank brastumac
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Semiramis is located on Citara beach, one of the nicest beaches in Ischia - shallow, calm water and it's within 3 minutes walk of Poiseiddon Gardens outdoor thermal spa.. worth it for the location alone. I had such a pleasant stay at the hotel - the staff who run it were all very friendly and helpful, as commented by other reviewers it feels very like a family business. The pool is surprisingly large (and heated to 32 or 34C as it's a thermal pool), if you want to just hang out there for the day it's really peaceful - beautiful botanic gardens and birdsong. Location wise there is a minimart 2 minutes walk away where you can buy anything you need, plus an array of lovely restaurants right on the seafront (my favourite was Gabbiano) - the hotel also has discounts available with several of them. I've been to Ischia 3 times and stayed in Ischia Porto, Casamicciola and Maronti beach - I have to say that if you're looking for a relaxing and peaceful hotel near some good attractions this would definitely be my first choice. The ladies on the front desk were all absolutely lovely. My only critiques would be: The pillows & beds were rather uncomfortable, and the towels were very small (definitely in need of an upgrade!), and it'd be nice if the wifi extended to the rooms as well as pool areas. But other than that, there were no issues and I would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: I was in one of the cheapest rooms and it was fine, if a little small.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank fxt84
MarekaMazza, Responsabile reception at Semiramis Hotel de Charme Ischia, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Guest,

we have to say Thankyou so much for your kind and beautiful review. We really apprecciate your detailed description and all your complimets. We are rellay glad you have anjoyed the atmosphere, the location of our hotel and felt like home! It's very important for all of us.
Thankyou for your advices too, we want to get better and better!
We hope to see you again soon!

Best regards from Ischia!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

We absolutely loved our stay at Hotel Semiramis in May, 2014. Its setting really makes you feel like you are in an oasis on the island. The rooms were very nice and comfortable. The views are amazing, especially from the breakfast room - having my coffee and looking out over the ocean every morning was such a treat. I cannot say enough about the staff - they are all so friendly and helpful. While it's a bit of a distance from the center of Forio (about 2K), it's not a problem because everything you need is right there - Citara beach, Gardens of Poseidon (which is amazing and is literally NEXT DOOR), several restaurants, and the bus/taxi stand to take you anywhere else you want to go. That is, if you can manage to drag yourself out of the pool. We were all absolutely addicted to the hotel's thermal pool - just fantastic.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thankyou Hillary for your kind review!
Hope to see you again in Ischia,

Best regards,

Eden, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

My husband, our 2 1/2 year old son, and my mother-in-law stayed here August 27-30th, 2013. If you are looking for a truly relaxing tranquil vacation stay here! My husband is from Italy and we brought our family here for a getaway from his home town of Monte di Procida. This hotel is what one would imagine a hotel should be like in Italy. Beautiful gardens, clean rooms, and "old world charm" decorations. Imagine lemon trees as you gaze outside your terrace. This is family owned and operated. They treat you like family. I left my iPhone & iPad charger at my mother in laws house ( god forbid I go without modern technology) these folks kindly charged my devices everyday in the front office. They were VERY accommodating! I am an American and we, my husband, mother in law, and I found the breakfast to suit all of our tastes! I noticed they had typical German, and Italian fare for breakfast. You had to ask the server for an espresso as they only offered tea and American style coffee, which I was happy about! I miss my "big cups" of coffee sometime while staying in Italy. I LOVED the artwork, paintings, and sculptures that adorn this quaint villa!!! I like that it wasn't near the over populated and often VERY loud port areas. If you are looking for a quiet, relaxing, vacation stay here! I was shocked this was only a 3 star hotel. We stayed in Positano for roughly three times the price of this hotel and there wasn't much difference! I think I liked this hotel better!!!! My mother in law had not visited Ischia in 30 years. She was impressed by this hotel and their staff! The pool is lovely, and it's a VERY short walk to the beach. I couldn't ask for a better place to stay! Perfect!!!! We will stay again. I read in a previous post the owner painted all the artwork that adorns the walls. Had I known I would have asked to purchase one. They are whimsical and lovely!!! A happy place that we will never forget!

Room Tip: Rooms with a terrace overlooking pool were perfect!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
MarekaMazza, Responsabile reception at Semiramis Hotel de Charme Ischia, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Dear Audrey,

thankyou so much for your review. We are glad you had a beautiful stay in our hotel and you really appreciated our garden, our rooms and, of course, our service. As I see, we have reached our goal : be hospitable and make sure that the guests feel at home!
Hope to see you again in our hotel, for your next vacation in Ischia!

Best regards from the island,

Mareka and Family
bruxelles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

This hotel is marvelous. The pool gives you the impression of being in a tropical place. Very close to the beach. Nice and large rooms. Very nice personnel and good service.
Even very nice restaurants on the beach close to the restaurant.
Paradise... The problem is that you will less discover Ischia: it is so nice that you will just stay there and enjoy !

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank scafac
MarekaMazza, Responsabile reception at Semiramis Hotel de Charme Ischia, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Dear Guest,
Thankyou so much for your beautiful description! You really used the right words to portray our little paradise!
Kindly regards from Ischia!