“Great location, horrible service...”

Paradiso Terme Resort & Spa
Ranked #25 of 81 Hotels in Forio
Rome, Italy
“Great location, horrible service...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2011

We stayed at this hotel with our 6 year old and another couple of friends with a daughter the same age. The location is absolutely breathtaking: great thermal pools, great views, beautiful garden. We stayed at the "garden" part of it (detached from the main hotel area) and would have been fine with the short walk to go have breakfast in the morning if it weren't for the horrible service the main desk and restaurant offered. The room was decent, although their bathrooms were small and could use an upgrade. The two ladies at the front desk were very rude and unwelcoming, and even forgot to give us our ID's back when we left! The waiters at the restaurant (we only took breakfast there, it's worth exploring the island for lunch and dinner) were slow and unprofessional. There is a SPA at the hotel, which is very nice and the ladies working there are quiet good. Unfortunately the administration decided to put very very slippery tiles in (and there is a thermal pool down in the SPA as well) so the tiles are always wet. On my first day there I slipped and sprained my ankle. The only thing we got out of the front desk (we were really hoping for at least an apology!) was that the rude ladies told us that there was a sign on the wall warning guests that it was slippery!!!! Too bad, cause we loved the place!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Bodo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

My husband, daughter and I stayed there for 4 days in June. It was the most wonderful experience. Our room was located in the Paradiso Garden which is their annex building... in my opinion this is the best place to stay in the hotel... it is only a short walk to the main building so this is not a problem. The rooms are quite large, clean, and tastefully decorated. My daughter loved the pool and playground. We loved that their was 24hr vending machines that we could get snacks, drinks and even beer (how funny is that)... All of the grounds are so beautiful and they have really gone the extra mile to make it wonderful. they have flowers from all over the world that are labelled and maintained amazingly. The staff were so kind and helpful... they gave my daughter sand toys to play with... helped us find places to go and eat... were always found with a smile on their face. They really cared that we had a good time. The restaurant is amazing... the food was so good... the food alone is a brilliant reason to come back. I had spa treatments and once again it was a great experience... the only thing that I would have liked better was if the rooms were not so small and sterile feeling... I felt like I was at a doctors office... the room where I got my manicure was more of a closet... and felt so cramped... though it should be private the should be more inviting and relaxing and not feel like you are locked up in the basement.... on the other hand the thermal pool at the spa is great... and the relaxation area for mud treatments is nice as well.... the treatments that I had were also nice and the girl that did them was very kind and friendly.... it was just the environment that was a bit off. I think you can tell that I would highly recommend staying here... especially if you have a family. Oh I almost forgot... the shuttle van was perfect! The driver was so kind and helpful... they picked us up when we arrived at the harbor and took us there when we left (you just have to time your hydrofoil departure with the shuttle schedule). We also took the shuttle to the beach and town several times and it was perfect!

Room Tip: The Paradiso Gardens is an annex building slightly down the hill from the main hotel... It is a wond...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Nrbrenna
Benevento, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

The name fits...this is truly the island's premier paradise spot. I have visited Paradiso every year for the past 6 years, sometimes 2-3 times a year. I am addicted! The staff is nothing but incredible, the grounds pristine, the spa fabulous & the food excellent. If you want to experience true relaxation in a beautiful hotel, visit Hotel Paradiso Terme in Ischia.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Ilvitalia
Kendal, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2011

we visited this hotel with our mum Nancy from California. We have visted Ischia a few times over the last 5 years and were so pleased and surprised to find Paradiso Terme. The hotel is a short walk from a bus stop so easy to get to by public transport. The whole place is very well looked after, the rooms are clean and tidy and the area is peaceful and quiet. It would be easy to spend the whole holiday areound the thermal pools. There is a fantastic view of Forio and the bay of Naples from the poolside. The breakfast are amazing with plenty to choose from. The staff are really friendly and helpful. Our mum from California was very impressed and said that she hadn.t seen anything like Paradiso where she lives in Southern California.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank willowpooldesigns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2011

My cousin and I stayed here for a few days and would have gladly stayed longer. The atmosphere is completely relaxed. I felt very comfortable here and found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. The thermal pools are fantastic and the mud baths worth trying. I went from stressed to relaxed very quickly. This hotel resort should be available on the NHS! The island itself is beautiful.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank BoydElzbth
Florence, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2010

This hotel and spa is truly a paradise. The clean and comfortable rooms of this beautiful hotel are set in a lush garden with panoramic views of the sea and of breathtaking sunsets.The spa offers a wide variety of treatments, and the pools and hot springs are magnificent. An extremely friendly and welcoming staff is always on hand to help and serve. The food and wine are excellent.
I enjoyed my stay thoroughly and would definitely return.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank paulchalmer
Gilly, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2010

I booked this resort based on the reviews on TA. It's true that the location and gardens are absolutely stunning. On arrival we were met with barely concealed disinterest - not the usual warm italian welcome. We were not informed about any of the Spa facilities either. Rooms are quite basic and bathrooms dated. Both pool areas have a beautiful view and enough sun loungers for all. Italians are not known for their breakfasts and the choice was quite dismal, not enough waiters to serve hot drinks and distribute missing cutlery. The thermal pool was cold as there were problems with the pump (I thought thermal water needed to be cooled down, not heated up). However, my biggest grudge was with the shuttle service into town. This ran at pre-determined times and had to be reserved in advance. The last shuttle was at 19h05 and if it was full, it was up to the guests to make their own way back to the hotel, either by public bus (irregular and overfull) or by (expensive) taxi. This made going into town for cocktails and/or meal a hassle as it could take over an hour to get back whereas with the shuttle it was a 15min trip. This is a drawback for younger clients who are not on the half-board plan and who would like to enjoy the bustle and excellent restaurants of the town of Forio. I was really disappointed by the cold attitude of the reception personnel, and felt that they just didn't need to make an effort as the other (older) clients seemed to be more than happy with the infrastructure. I also felt that the hotel could have offered a reduction on the price of the room as the thermal pool was not functioning. Compared to the welcome and client service we encountered in a 3* pensione in Naples this resort comes off as extremely average and not 4* at all.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple