“Lovely hotel, with great food and exceptional service”

Paradiso Terme Resort & Spa
Ranked #24 of 81 Hotels in Forio
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I'll admit our recent stay at the Paradiso Terme is not the first time we've stopped here. What makes us return? Ischia itself, but the hotel is the place that makes the holiday such a relaxing and enjoyable break. The food is excellent and the local wine good too. Although the hotel was busier than last time we visited, the two pools and the facilities still felt quiet. Critically, the service was first rate throughout our stay. Plus I can't help but be impressed by a waiter who remembers what we drink, even though it's a year since we last visited!
Repeat visits to the Paradiso Terme have lost none of their allure and I look forward to retuning next year. I hope others find their stay as enjoyable as we have on our recent visits there.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Paradiso Terme Resort & Spa

Reviewed 6 April 2012

I stayed at hotel Paradiso, a family run hotel in the quiet setting near Forio a week ago at the end of March 2012. The season in Ischia starts 1st week of April, but some hotels are open before then. March/April a good time to go, as the weather is hot, but not too hot and the island is fairly quiet. Some attractions are not open until 1st week April, but this is not too important if you are going to just relax and be in the thermal waters. The hotel staff were so lovely (thank you especially to Alexandra who gave me some Ischian lemons to take home) and made me feel very welcome. Although I was a solo traveler, the other guests were very friendly and the restaurant staff also friendly, and spoke english, so I didn't have to struggle to speak too much Italian. Of course if I wanted to speak Italian, this was also encouraged by the staff. They would often help me with words/phrases too. The food was excellent and there is plenty of it! Be warned, you will probably put on weight. Good to go for the 2 meal option if you don't hire a car, as the nearest restaurants are about a 20min walk away and you wouldn't save much eating out. The facilities are great with one big cold water pool and a very hot thermal pool. There is also a thermal indoor pool, slightly cooler that has jacuzzi jets and of course the spa center for massages, treatments etc. The views are lovely (possibly not the best on the island, but felt nice enough for me), and there is a beautiful small gardens surrounding the hotel. The location is lovely, far enough for town to feel quiet and undisturbed and near enough to get to shops etc. There are local buses, which are very cheap and once you get the hang of it, are easy to get around. The hotel staff will help and advise how to use the buses and the times, routes etc. The bus stop is a 5 - 7min walk from hotel down and up hill a little. Might not be suitable for the very old and infirm though? Room was clean, bed very comfortable, decor simple, bathroom big and room was a good size. All basic mod cons, TV, fridge. I was very happy with my room. Internet is available wireless in certain areas of hotel for free. To get to the hotel, you need to get a ferry from Naples to Forio, or Ischia Porto. The hotel staff can pick you up from Forio for free if you arrange this with them. Hotel I feel was very good value for money and was really worth it for the very friendly, helpful and generous staff. One last thing, the sunsets are amazing and were glorious every night.Thank you all at Paradiso you really gave me a wonderful holiday. I hope to come back next year with a girlfriend this time!

Room Tip: There are rooms with sea view and rooms with a mountain view in main hotel. Otherwise there are room...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Jake Y
Reviewed 8 August 2011

This is by far the best hotel/resort we have ever stayed at!

The service was more than excellent! The staff (Silvana, thank you again for everything!) were all so welcoming and really did their best to make us feel welcome. From the first day, we felt that they all did a little bit extra to make sure we were happy and at ease at their hotel. We can't thank you all enough for making our stay so amazing....

We stayed in the Dependence Garden which is only 300 metres down from the main part of the resort but just as good! It is a little more private than the main building so really good for couples or families, with its own pool, 24hour self-service bar and pool table... We really enjoyed being able to go for a quick dip in the pool before going up to the main section for breakfast. The main pools and spa were also very clean and we never felt like there were too many people around (which was really good for our couple holiday).

We didn't have lunch at the restaurant but had dinner there twice.... and it was amazing!! It definitely rates at the top of our favourite list! Service was excellent and the food of very fine quality..

Overall, I really want to thank everyone again at Paradiso Terme and am looking forward to seeing you all again on our next holiday in Forio!

Room Tip: A room in the Dependence Garden (with balcony) is really good for a little more privacy with only a...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jewwwels
Reviewed 26 July 2011

The grounds surrounding the hotel are fantastic, lush amazing and rare plants and amazingly kept.

We paid very little for our room which was a basic one away from the main hotel, this room was great for the money, the decor was very early 90s and bathroom was just okay but it was real good value always clean, just a lil dated.

The pools outside were great, clean and 2 different varieties. the pool inside was very dirty and hadnt been cleaned for a while, so we didnt use it. the fitness facilities were there free of charge and spa treatments were offered but were very expensive and you had to book in advance as they were always booked up. The breakfast was included with the room and was very good, unlimited choice and good service. the food at diner and tea is nto included and is extremely expensive, i think it was 30 or 60 euros per head which is crazy, so we didnt eat there at all.

There are many good things at the paradiso, one of them is the free shuttle bus to the beach and town, comes every 45mins and drops u off where you want to go, very useful and free, only downside is the last one back from town to the hotel is at 7pm, but its ok theres many buses from the town to the hotel but it just made it more hassle.

Another good point is the reception staff, especially silvana, who is gods gift to that hotel. Her english is exceptional, better then mine, knows everything about the island as she lives there and done it all, always smiles, rememebers your name and does anything for you, she made ischia even better, the other staff were equally great and knew alot of things and spoke good english.

The hotel is lovely, very clean, lots of germans but that really doesnt matter, amazing grounds and gardens, nice pools, great breakfast, amazing staff, free transports to beaches and town, superior local knowledge

not many downsides other then, cleanliness of inside pool, price of night food, last shuttle bus from town..these are annoyances but will not ruin your holiday,

do yourself a favour and ask every question u want to Silvana as she will answer everything and be 100% right!!!! also go to sorgetto it is an amazing beautiful natural place, sugggested by silvana

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joeybird7
Reviewed 20 July 2011

We stayed at this hotel with our 6 year old and another couple of friends with a daughter the same age. The location is absolutely breathtaking: great thermal pools, great views, beautiful garden. We stayed at the "garden" part of it (detached from the main hotel area) and would have been fine with the short walk to go have breakfast in the morning if it weren't for the horrible service the main desk and restaurant offered. The room was decent, although their bathrooms were small and could use an upgrade. The two ladies at the front desk were very rude and unwelcoming, and even forgot to give us our ID's back when we left! The waiters at the restaurant (we only took breakfast there, it's worth exploring the island for lunch and dinner) were slow and unprofessional. There is a SPA at the hotel, which is very nice and the ladies working there are quiet good. Unfortunately the administration decided to put very very slippery tiles in (and there is a thermal pool down in the SPA as well) so the tiles are always wet. On my first day there I slipped and sprained my ankle. The only thing we got out of the front desk (we were really hoping for at least an apology!) was that the rude ladies told us that there was a sign on the wall warning guests that it was slippery!!!! Too bad, cause we loved the place!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2011

My husband, daughter and I stayed there for 4 days in June. It was the most wonderful experience. Our room was located in the Paradiso Garden which is their annex building... in my opinion this is the best place to stay in the hotel... it is only a short walk to the main building so this is not a problem. The rooms are quite large, clean, and tastefully decorated. My daughter loved the pool and playground. We loved that their was 24hr vending machines that we could get snacks, drinks and even beer (how funny is that)... All of the grounds are so beautiful and they have really gone the extra mile to make it wonderful. they have flowers from all over the world that are labelled and maintained amazingly. The staff were so kind and helpful... they gave my daughter sand toys to play with... helped us find places to go and eat... were always found with a smile on their face. They really cared that we had a good time. The restaurant is amazing... the food was so good... the food alone is a brilliant reason to come back. I had spa treatments and once again it was a great experience... the only thing that I would have liked better was if the rooms were not so small and sterile feeling... I felt like I was at a doctors office... the room where I got my manicure was more of a closet... and felt so cramped... though it should be private the should be more inviting and relaxing and not feel like you are locked up in the basement.... on the other hand the thermal pool at the spa is great... and the relaxation area for mud treatments is nice as well.... the treatments that I had were also nice and the girl that did them was very kind and friendly.... it was just the environment that was a bit off. I think you can tell that I would highly recommend staying here... especially if you have a family. Oh I almost forgot... the shuttle van was perfect! The driver was so kind and helpful... they picked us up when we arrived at the harbor and took us there when we left (you just have to time your hydrofoil departure with the shuttle schedule). We also took the shuttle to the beach and town several times and it was perfect!

Room Tip: The Paradiso Gardens is an annex building slightly down the hill from the main hotel... It is a wond...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Nrbrenna
Reviewed 17 July 2011

The name fits...this is truly the island's premier paradise spot. I have visited Paradiso every year for the past 6 years, sometimes 2-3 times a year. I am addicted! The staff is nothing but incredible, the grounds pristine, the spa fabulous & the food excellent. If you want to experience true relaxation in a beautiful hotel, visit Hotel Paradiso Terme in Ischia.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends