“Charming, warm-hearted, delicious food”
Review of Hotel Villa Janto

and 1 more site!
Hotel Villa Janto
Reviewed 19 May 2014

If you are looking for a good value, friendly, family-run, clean, quiet hotel in the hillside, 10 minutes walk down a steep winding road to the nearest beach, shops and restaurants (Locco Ameno), with excellent home-grown organic produce, delicious italian cooking, a lovely pool and even a couple of resident tortoises, look no further! It's not sophisticated, but it is a charming and warm-hearted place. Martina and Francesca couldnt have been more helpful (even running us down to the beach and collecting us if their schedule allowed). I am strictly vegetarian, and Maria did a good job of keeping me well fed. My companion had excellent fish and meat, and the best mussels she's ever had, which is saying something, as she has travelled far and wide, to many a glitzy spot. Bathrooms and rooms were pleasant and functional, showers and bidets all worked well, no shortage of hot water, good linen and towels (even towels for the pool if required). Pretty garden and terrace. Lovely views. Many worthwhile day trips - our 3 favourites being the Castello, St Angelo and Negombo Spa with its marvellous private beach. Enjoy! Thank you to all at Villa Janto.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank melissa f

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

We have just finished 7 nights at
Villa
Janto and all the excellent reviews are totally correct . Service is excellent and our hosts were superb ! Meals were fantastic, Martina very helpful and accosting with lifts .
Best day was visiting the mortella gardens but ischia is lovely , they need more buses though ! The buses were extremely crowded and as it was Easter not always running per timetable .

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

朝はシンプルなパンや甘い菓子パン、外出しないときはランチもいただけます。夜のフルコースの充実っぷりたら。。
ものすごいです。

絶対また泊りに来ます。シーズンオフに行ったからだと思いますが、激安でした。3食出していただいて、たったの50ユーロ(日)

あとハマムは入った後、肌がすべすべになるのを実感。あー、戻りたい。

Definitely best of best our of whole my experience of hotels in the world.
The room is simple and clean, what is the best then?
Mom's dishes and Hamam!!!

In the morning, traditional Italian breakfast, breat and sweet bread, you can get lunch if you are in the hotel.
Dinner course is AWESOME!!! I want to bring Mom to Japan.

Hamam is wonderful, I noticed my skin got smoother after bath.
This is not 5star hotel I definitely love this place.

Because I stayed in very low season, just 10 days before they close, it was very cost-effective..

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I've just returned from Villa Jantó, and I can honestly say, without a doubt, that I have never enjoyed a holiday as much, or stayed anywhere as lovely as Villa Jantó. I have never eaten so well in my life - the food here is amazing, really authentic and delicious Italian food, all home-made and cooked from home-grown ingredients. Even the yoghurt at breakfast is home-made every morning. Antonio and Maria and their two daughters, Martina and Francesca, are all so friendly and helpful, and make you feel so welcome, that it feels more like staying with family or friends than in a hotel. The waiters are also fantastic and great fun. We had a lovely bright spacious room with a little private patio, and the hotel has a great swimming pool with a fantastic thermal mineral pool and natural steam room, all of which help make your stay as relaxing as possible. The garden where the pools and sunbeds are is really scenic, with Mount Epomeo in the background, and lemon trees and beautiful flowers and fresh herbs and chillies all growing in the garden. Ischia is a magical island, and Villa Jantó is a wonderful place. My only regret is that we did not stay longer, but we will definitely be back – am already looking forward to our next visit!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ciara_o_11
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We travelled to Villa Janto in July with 2 small children.We have travelled extensively and I have to say this hotel offers the best service I have ever experienced.Mama Maria cooks for you the most delicious food and you can choose to have breakfast,lunch and Dinner all highly recommended.Papa Antonio takes you to the beach daily in the morning and then back to the hotel for a relaxing swim.Great service from both of their daughters who take care of the front of house.The food is home cooked authentic Italian and home grown vegetables.The wine is divine and only 3euros for a large glass. The hotel is immaculate and I would highly recommend this hotel.Thankyou so much for a truly wonderful experience

Room Tip: Children facilities is the pool which my children were more than happy with.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Remembering last year's fantastic experience, we come back again to Villa Jantò on this wonderful italian island of Ischia. Well, I have to tell you I almost cried when I had to leave, it was simply too nice to be there. We stayed one week and it feels like home. The wonderful thing is, the staffs they remember what you liked before. They changed our room when it's available, our old from last year room was ideal: nice and quiet, compare to the room we have, just by the entrance noisy as hell, we did't even need to ask. now all rooms are air-conditioned. We know all the staffs now, they just treat you like family, chat and give you advice for the island tour when you need. The hotel has 16 rooms, such a small hotel practically you make friends with every guest, very pleasant atmosphere. One day, the mother (also the master chef !!)of the family villa Jantò , Maria, said they are going to give us a surprise. That evening they took all the guests to their vignard which is up on the hill, watching the sunset on the sea dinner served with local delicasies accompanied by the candles and glamorous night light of ischia, was just too good to be true. I chatted with some guests, some of them come back every year, already ten years time. Another thing amazes me is the cooking of Signora Maria is just too delicious, i gain quite a few weight in just a week, but that's what you need for vacations! The fruit/fish/vegetables are all kilometro 0, rich with original flavour which we don't find it in the north of italy, not to mention the products you find in the supermarkets which are packed and imported from thousands of miles away. Well, I will just come back again and again, and if you are lucky as i am, you may enjoy the surprise of Villa Jantò as well!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

Honestly this has got to be one of the best places I have ever stayed. We were treated on one hand like royalty and on the other like close family friends. There was nothing that we asked for that was not delivered promptly and with a smile. This property is a 16 bedroom retreat in the hills with lovingly tendered gardens and plenty of quiet leafy areas to sit and relax. It is 5 minutes by car to Lacco Ameno and transport was not a problem as guests are driven to the beaches below and brought back through the day and into the night! There is an ample pool, a small thermal pool that doubles as a spa with low levels of salt (the effect on your skin is heavenly). There is also a thermal steam room with vapors coming directly from the thermal waters. My husband and I chose to have the full package which included 3 meals daily - and we were rendered speechless by the quality of the produce (all grown on the property) and the wonderful cooking provided. Everything was so affordable we ended up getting daily professional massages in the peaceful spa on the premises. Our room was immaculate, quiet and had everything we needed. Aperitives and candlelit dinners on the terrace were a highlight. Quite simply if you are looking for a classy affordable place to completely unwind with excellent food, warm and attentive staff, good facilities and easy access to the Island's sights, you won't get better than this.

• Stayed: June 2013
#1 of 18 in Lacco Ameno
Poggio Aragosta Hotel & Spa
Poggio Aragosta Hotel & Spa
#4 of 41 in Casamicciola Terme

Been to Hotel Villa Janto? Share your experiences!