There are many advantages to staying at this lovely hotel.
The hotel is five star quality, the staff are very friendly, speak a number of languages - there were a number of well healed French and Russian guests when I visited - and really cannot do enough to help. The hotel is very well presented and immaculate with a beautiful garden and gorgeous heated roof top pool and bar area in addition to the fantastic spa on the lower ground floor level with steam room, spacious sauna, cold showers, a cold mist shower, a cool pool, various relaxing areas and a large hot spring pool. It is possible to swim lengths in both of the main pool and roof top pool. There are also a number of treatment rooms - this is a luxury experience. If you are visiting to relax, the treatment list is long and comprehensive and they also have a doctor who comes in to consult if you are there to loose weight etc. it's very impressive. I had a massage which was very relaxing.
The room that I stayed in was nice, I am pretty sure I stayed in there most basic room, but it was very comfortable with a safe and all the usual amenities. On my arrival there was also an enormous fresh fruit display of berries, apples, sweets etc which was frankly amazing and lasted my entire stay! My only problem for my stay was the air con. I stayed two nights and the first was too hot - they kindly investigated but could not fix as it was the whole hotel on automatic I think, while the second night it was so cold that I awoke with a sore throat and a head cold which lasted a week. I tried to turn it off during the night but could not.
The other advantages to this hotel that I experienced were the shuttle - do not discount this - the hotel essentially provides a free taxi service for guests to specific locations on the island! They will collect from the port and drop you back as well as to other local attractions or bus points. Fantastic but also necessary as the hotel is up in the hills a bit and too far to walk uphill with luggage.
Breakfast is also amazing, actually I think it might be the most impressive I have ever seen.
Italians apparently eat cake for breakfast and in addition to an entire cake display, including bars of milk, dark and white chocolate, they had an entire leg of ham which they carved, fruit, amazing orange juice, pastries, cereal, scrambled eggs, sausages, mozzarella, tomatoes... It was awe inspiring. Room service is of very good quality and portion size, however, there is a note that there is service charge but they do not list what it is in their menu which is frustrating.
I cannot comment on the dining facilities, as I was alone and frankly did not have anything suitable to wear I can only say from my initial hotel tour on arrival that it looks amazing and there is even a chef's table, I think there are Michelin stars.
As a side note, there is a supermarket 2 minutes up the road from the hotel if you need anything - always useful!
Apart from the air con, I had a fantastic stay. I think that the spa facilities, shuttle and breakfast should definitely be factored in when considering the cost of your stay as they are fantastic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Casamicciola Tterme, at the heart of the island of Ischia, Relais & Chateaux Terme Manzi Hotel & Spa awaits your arrival to provide you with a truly special experience with its thermal Spa, relaxing atmosphere, and superb dining. Your wellness is guaranteed thanks to its great modern spa, which was built around the most famous thermal hot springs on the island of Ischia, the Gurgitiello Springs. After fighting for the unification of Italy, Giuseppe Garibaldi came to the springs to heal his wounds resulting from the battle of Aspromonte. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, LateRooms, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Terme Manzi Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Terme Manzi Hotel Casamicciola Terme
- Terme Manzi Hotel And Spa
- Terme Manzi Casamicciola
- Terme Manzi Hotel & Spa Isola D'Ischia, Italy - Casamicciola Terme