“Amazing hotel with superb service, five star facilities and a boutique feel”

Terme Manzi Hotel & Spa
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing hotel with superb service, five star facilities and a boutique feel”
Reviewed 19 July 2010

This hotel is probably one of the best hotels I have stayed in, amazing spa, stunning roof terrace pool and beautiful rooms. The staff went out of their way to help (they offered to drive to the nearest town and pick up a charger for me when my camera battery died) and the breakfasts are to die for. A real treat. The area of Casamicciola is very small and quaint but the hotel provide a daily shuttle bus service to the bigger towns/ports near by so it wasn't a problem. I would highly recommend this hotel if you like a little luxury but with a boutique feel. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 30 June 2010

The Hotel is really very nice.
However two negative complaints are for:
- The price of the food by the pool is excessive (25€ for a club sandwich)

- The service in the hotel spa was terrible. They are not client oriented at all!

I signed up for a deep pressure massage (described in the first 2 words in their brochure) and the masseuse was terrible. When I pointed out the knots in my back, she said, "yes, I see" but did not massage them at all or try to get out the knots! Then why would I get a massage??!!!

The masseuse had the worst attitude and when I complained after the massage, the people working in the spa had the same reaction.

It was a waste of €110!!! And a complete scam. Unless they change their attitudes at the spa, or hire qualified masseuses, no one should sign up for an appointment at the spa. It's a waste of money!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sonopox
usa
Reviewed 8 October 2009

I can't wait to go back. Wonderful staff, service, food, entertainment. I'll be there next year. A true Italian pleasure!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2009

We recently visited Terme Manzi for a mini-moon after getting married on the Amalfi Coast.

Overall the hotel is absolutely stunning, a real mix of different decorative styles from Roman through to even Asian. An eclectic mix of styles and very luxurious. We went for a deluxe room which was spacious, well equipped and continued the theme of high quality materials and furnishings.

The spa is absolutely beautiful and was never too busy. At many times we had the pool to ourselves or shared with only a couple of other guests. We also had a couple of treatments during our stay and the spa staff were at all times friendly and professional.

We dined in the Michelin starred restaurant one of the evenings during our stay, WOW! What a culinary experience! Course after course was presented on stunning exclusively designed plates and the restaurant service was exceptional. All other dining and bar areas were also lovely, great choice of food at breakfast and both the lobby and piano bars were nice to relax in during the evening.

The staff at the hotel were all fantastic and went out of their way to make sure you were well served and comfortable at all times.

Overall we couldn’t recommend this hotel more as a place to relax and get away from it all.

P.S. Pricesss review below seems like rubbish to me, didn’t match with our experience at all. Considering she is from Florida her English reads very poorly and I wouldn’t be surprised if she works for a competitor!

Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Dublin
Reviewed 9 January 2009

Good hotel on the beautiful island of Ischia. Rooms small but adequate. Excellent spa. Nice lobby bar. Location could be better (away from the coast) but overall a great place to chill out.

• Liked — The Spa
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DublinSadie
Boca Raton Florida
Reviewed 10 September 2008

I have just returned from a eight days stay in Hotel Manzi Terme/ Casamicciole in Ischia. The hotel , as a building is very pleasant , totally renovated , with all reproductions of the anitic furniture, decorative pieces etc.etc. This is NOT a five star hotel and I will never go back there. I am extremely fussy , if you ever stayed in the" Five Seasons Hotels"or " One and the Only One Hotel", etc. etc. Hotel Manzi Terme is not this class hotel. I will never go back there. I am very disappointed.
The hotel location -right on the local busiest street, very noisy, no peace at all, non stop motorcycles, cars, there is local playground for a children, right on the front of the hotel. NOISE. There is no way to avoid it, because on the back there is a parking, so the delivery cars , guest cars are making noise too. If you stay on the pool deck upstairs, the same--noise, noise, noise.
To get to the center Casamicciole, where are not many shops and nothing special things, you have to hike up and down on the steep , busy streets.
Transportation- that hotel is having strict schedule for the shuttle bus and is no way around it, so for example, if you arrive from the air plain between the off the schedule time, than you have to fight for to be picked up from the marina/ ferry . The same if you have early departure, you have to take care on your own transportation. Horrible.
The beach- to get to the beach you have to take the shuttle and some small bit up fisherman boat, and then you have to stay there according to there pick up schedule. The beach is very small , steep and is not privet, lots of other people with children goes there. There is not fresh water shower. I 'v got burn on my skin from the sea water salt . I 'v never went back to the beach again, I was so disgusted.
Food - O.K. and very expensive.
The Spa- indoor the thermal pool very pretty. The spa it self - the quality of the treatments- very poor.
The room- very noisy, you can hear every possible noise for all over around. Other guest etc. Every morning, at 7:30, some maintenance guy was banging and moving things upstairs on the roof. My calls to the reception did not help and nothing was change.
If you have a visitor- the front desk jumps on you like a nasty police. Harsh voice. No respect. No class. Looks like the hotel is very desperate , because right away they wanna charge my guest for the room and use of the spa etc.etc. Horrible!
The worst--they gave me a wrong time schedule for the ferry to get back to Naples ,to get on the aeroplain. Thanks to God, I had a taxi driver , who save me, from the trouble! I would miss my airliner.
If someone is trying to reach you in the room , it takes time to be connected. Takes many attempts to get the call to the room.
Overall I would say - I will never go back to that hotel. Overrated , not relaxing. In ischia there are much better and more beautiful hotels for that price. Hotel Manzi Terme it is a big dissapoinment for me. Never again.
But now I did my home work and next time I know where i will stay in Ischia!

• Liked — indoor termal pool
  • Disliked — the front desk, noise
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
18 Thank Pricesss
Bagheeralouis
Reviewed 3 July 2008

We stayed at this hotel for five nights on Ischia.. absolutely stunning hotel, really relaxing and quiet. About a 10 minute taxi or bus ride into Ischia for restaurants and a bit of nightlife. Its a good 10 minute walk down to Casimicciola Terme, there isn't a whole lot down there tho apart from a few snack type restaurants. Try the Hostoira restaurant, amazing views from it and beautiful food, they also do a complimentary taxi ride to the restaurant from the hotel. Hotel was faultless, we were totally spoiled, and the food was great there.
The only thing I would say is that the girl who showed us around the hotel had almost no english so it was difficult to find out about things, so we didn't discover until the last day that there was a complimentary shuttle service down to Casimicciola every hour!! So when we went down on the second day to ask how to get down there, they just gave directions and didn't mention the service which I think we would have appreciated since it was so hot, but that said that is the only thing that bothered me the whole stay.

• Liked — the lunches and the spa
  • Disliked — Everyone had pidgeon english and we only had pidgeon italian at best!
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Casamicciola Terme
#3 of 41 in Casamicciola Terme
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,337 reviews
Garden & Villas Resort
Miramare e Castello Hotel

Been to Terme Manzi Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!