We stayed in this wonderful classic, high society Italian hotel during peak season in August and had a ball!!! The hotel is pricy but was worth it for us. We were lucky to catch the jazz festival with great international acts as : Stefano Bollani, Three Ladies of Blues performing at the hotel bar, coming from world famous Umbria Jazz Festival.
This August the hotel was full of elegant and obviously wealthy and elderly italian guests. A few classy Russian guests, who were not fulfilling the cliché or rich and showing off Russians at all. Very enjoyable.
The most outstanding services/factors were:
- the excellent food/kitchen daily (it is hard to watch your waste line here)
- the great & personal service of the staff in restaurant and at the pool/beach facilities
- the Spa/Therme with gym indoor therme and doctor
This hotel will be most appreciated for people who enjoying good gourmet food and wine combined with health and outstanding nature and see experience. Also it attracts people who do not like to not being "ghettoized" only with people from their country. It is and remains a classic Italian Hotel in all best aspects.
The beach facilities (they have one small sandy beach and several ladders into the water from rocks) are great plus you have a private port and you can rent boats with or without captain. I recommend to do a boat trip around this beautiful island (takes a day) and stop at several places for swimming.
This hotel would not be attractive for younger (under 40) generation since very few of that age group around. Plus their interests not to be matched. You see a few kids on vacation with their grandparents though. Also I was missing the chance of doing water ski.
The Spa is looking a bit old fashioned but treatments are very good. Great but small gym with instructor.
If you stay the right season you might see some VIP there as well ;-))
However I want to come back as soon as I can. Next time I'll schedule my SPA and boat trip before I depart.
Enjoy your stay and spend the "€" it is worth it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “L’Albergo della Regina Isabella” is located directly on the seashore, in the midst of a peaceful bay surrounded by rocky shores and luscious Mediterranean vegetation. The hotel is located in the township of Lacco Ameno in Ischia, the largest Neapolitan island in the Gulf of Naples. It was built in the 1950’s by Angelo Rizzoli. The island’s beauty and thermal baths captivated the illustrious publisher and film director. In 1956 he decided to enlarge historic Regina Isabella’s thermal baths and build a resort over the ancient Greek - Roman ruins. After just a few years, Ischia and “L’Albergo della Regina Isabella” became the centre of attraction for cosmopolitan worldliness. Celebrities such as Richard Burton, Liz Taylor, Maria Callas, Alberto Sordi and William Holden enlivened those popular years making it one of the most exclusive and glamorous destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Preferred Hotels, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your L'Albergo della Regina Isabella reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Della Regina Isabella Hotel Lacco Ameno
- Regina Isabella Ischia
- L'Albergo Della Regina Isabella Isola D'Ischia, Italy - Lacco Ameno