“Fabulous holiday” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Lacco Ameno
Paris, France
“Fabulous holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

This hotel has impeccalbe service that make you feel at home and pampered from the moment you arrive. Had a perfect holiday in that everything I asked for was easy to arrange and effortless. Spa treatments where excellent and professional. The food was AMAZING of high quality and creative - I could have papaya for breakfast. The sea shore is easy to access and the service for lunch both at the restaurant or under the beach umbrellla was fantastic. The events in the hotel are elegant and non invasive so you can really relax and enjoy without being annoyed. Would highly recommend and I cannot wait to go back.

Room Tip: Think the only important point is to ask for sea view.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Patricia G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

The hotel was lovely and in a great location to walk around.
The rooms were rather small but the view is amazing. (It is 5 star, but it's Europe so things are usually smaller here) They had a nice pool but the only sandy beach access was a local one next door. They did have chairs on a long dock which was nice but I would also like the option of not using a ladder to dip into the sea. :)
The food was good and the staff was pleasant. Also a random note, the beds are very hard!
We stayed for 2 weeks and found our way around but the first few days it took some getting used to of how to get to/from the lobby/spa/pool or our rooms.
The hotel helped arrange day trips to other islands which was nice, you can book a boat or they will direct you on how to take the ferry.

Overall, a nice trip!

Room Tip: Some rooms have a private mini hot tub/pool.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Trina214
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

It definitely depends on which room you select. I do not see the point in going to the sea and not having a room facing it. We had an excellent suite on the 5th floor of the Royal wing, with a lovely terrace in the new part of the building with two bathrooms. Excellent cotton sheets and a comfortable bed. All the staff are Italian and so friendly and well mannered , it is a family owned hotel which I think makes all the difference. I loved swimming in the sea from the jetties. The chairs around the pool are more comfortable than around the sunbathing jetties. We had delicious meals, lots of fresh fish , tomatoes and basil and fresh fruit. My husband appreciated the good wine list and the advice that we were given on the Ischia wines.

The concierge was more than helpful too.

The Spa is excellent. Dr. Antonio is the perfect gentleman and is there to advise on your personal issues. He helped me with my bad knee on advising the best treatments and it is run by an very friendly and helpful Constanza.

Room Tip: The Royal wing is modern and excellent and as I have already said I love having a room with a view o...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank judy011
Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

We were in Ischia for a conference and this was the conference hotel. Wow! It was such a beautiful location and a spotless, beautiful hotel, we couldn't have been more pleased. Our room was on the 5 th floor of the Royal wing, and although it was a bit confusing having to take 2 different elevators and a maze of hallways to get there, once we were in our room, it was worth it. We had 2 balconies overlooking the sea, a huge room with a king size bed, two chairs, a desk, a make up table with mirror, 2 bedside tables with lamps, 2 other lamps, a fully stocked minibar, 2 closets with drawers and hanging space...and 2 bathrooms. We felt like royalty, for sure.

The staff was so helpful, even sending a tech guy to the room with a router when we couldn't get a good wi-fi signal, and going with me to set up an appointment at the spa to be sure I found an English speaking attendant to help me plan my treatment. The included breakfast was extensive with fruits, cereals, breads, cold cuts and cheeses, and you could order eggs, bacon, etc. off the menu as well.

The pool area was well maintained and staffed, with a salt water pool, several sunbathing jetties with lounges and umbrellas and steps into the sea, and even a beach. I loved using all the facilities.
If given the chance, I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Get the Royal wing for the best rooms and views.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank ArizonaMomcat
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

Nice hotel and beautiful location BUT ... don't choose it if you are travelling for business.
The hotel is nice, even though not comparable to other 5 star Luxury hotels I stayed at. The location is really beautiful, and the view from the room can be gorgeous (view of the sea and the village, which during the night can be very romantic). During the day my room became very noisy, because of the people and kids screaming while jumping into the water (I love this when I travel with family; it can be problematic if I have business phone calls or need to work). It can be very disturbing also if you choose the hotel for its thermal facilities and relax.
The rooms are average, considering the level of the hotel. They are comfortable and clean, but there is not a desk (not even the space for a desk) if you need to use your computer. I had to use the TV stand. The WIFI connection is ridiculous, you just cannot use it because after few minutes the connection drops off and you have troubles reconnecting (this cannot happen in an hotel of this level). If I did not have my wireless device I could have had big work-related problems. I read that other guests, in different periods, had the same problem, so this really is something not due to special technical circumstances. A strong suggestion for the hotel management: "fix it, it is easy and cheap".
The service is ok, but you do not feel that I-care-about-you- type of atmosphere that is typical (and requested) at luxury hotels. Food is good (I did not try their special restaurant for dinners).
Hope this is useful
AM

Room Tip: I think there are areas of the hotel where the rooms are quieter - not sure if you can have the same...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Andre M
Hertford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

What a lovely experience this hotel is, from the location to the service to the decoration, what can I say, to me it was perfect. I have never stayed in a better hotel. A very famous Italian football manager was staying there at the same time as us, so that must say something. Lucky you if you are abut to have a holiday there. John and Brenda Smith

Room Tip: Would have preferred that there was a floor for none smokers as we could smell smoke from the room n...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BAS207
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Regina Isabella for 5 nights as part of our honeymoon.
The hotel was very grand, spotlessly clean and the staff couldn't do enough for us.
The breakfast selection was very extensive with lots to choose from. I'm a food lover and was very impressed!
The spa area of the hotel did feel old and slightly clinical but the treatments on offer were out of this world and made up for it.
Me and my new husband had various different body massages and I had the most amazing 'Tuina' massage facial - I felt like I'd had a face lift afterwards!
All in all our experience at the Regina Isabella was a very pleasent and relaxing one and we'd certainly recommend it to others.

• Stayed May 2013
#1 of 58 in Ischia
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,496 reviews
Grand Hotel Punta Molino
Miramare e Castello Hotel

Been to L'Albergo della Regina Isabella? Share your experiences!