“Great place to relax!!!”

L'Albergo della Regina Isabella
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Lacco Ameno
Reviewed 27 October 2013

What a great place to relax, walk to town, listen to the music, dance, enjoy one of the best cuisine on the island. Service was exceptional. Spa with mud treatment... well you need to try it for yourself. Planning to return one day.

Room Tip: I would pay extra to get a room with a sea view, it's well worth!!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank igellerm

Reviewed 9 September 2013

I went for a long weekend to Ischia with my family at the beginning of September and I was very pleased with our choice of hotel. It is one of those old Italian luxury hotel with a lot of charms and history (think linen sheets and white-jacket maitre d's). The service is impeccable and you can notice that the staff has been there for ages (I saw many guests calling individual members by first name as if they were in their own house!). We stayed in a Junior Suite in the Sporting wing which had two beautiful balconies with sea view (also the bathroom had a window which was great). The breakfast buffet was huge with an amazing selection of fresh fruit, cakes and home-made marmalade. Both lunch and dinner were excellent albeit a bit pricey. I loved the fact that around midday they come around the beach offering a tray of warm small pizzas...such a treat! Spa was great and I had a very good massage with Antonio. The most useful staff member of the entire hotel is certainly Raffele (concierge) who assisted us with our thousands requests, always with a smile on his face. I really hope to be back before the end of the season!

Room Tip: I would always book a room in the Royal wing which have the best views and are the most recently ren...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank AngeloMaccaferri
Reviewed 29 August 2013

This hotel has impeccalbe service that make you feel at home and pampered from the moment you arrive. Had a perfect holiday in that everything I asked for was easy to arrange and effortless. Spa treatments where excellent and professional. The food was AMAZING of high quality and creative - I could have papaya for breakfast. The sea shore is easy to access and the service for lunch both at the restaurant or under the beach umbrellla was fantastic. The events in the hotel are elegant and non invasive so you can really relax and enjoy without being annoyed. Would highly recommend and I cannot wait to go back.

Room Tip: Think the only important point is to ask for sea view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Patricia G
Reviewed 13 August 2013

The hotel was lovely and in a great location to walk around.
The rooms were rather small but the view is amazing. (It is 5 star, but it's Europe so things are usually smaller here) They had a nice pool but the only sandy beach access was a local one next door. They did have chairs on a long dock which was nice but I would also like the option of not using a ladder to dip into the sea. :)
The food was good and the staff was pleasant. Also a random note, the beds are very hard!
We stayed for 2 weeks and found our way around but the first few days it took some getting used to of how to get to/from the lobby/spa/pool or our rooms.
The hotel helped arrange day trips to other islands which was nice, you can book a boat or they will direct you on how to take the ferry.

Overall, a nice trip!

Room Tip: Some rooms have a private mini hot tub/pool.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Trina214
Reviewed 9 July 2013

It definitely depends on which room you select. I do not see the point in going to the sea and not having a room facing it. We had an excellent suite on the 5th floor of the Royal wing, with a lovely terrace in the new part of the building with two bathrooms. Excellent cotton sheets and a comfortable bed. All the staff are Italian and so friendly and well mannered , it is a family owned hotel which I think makes all the difference. I loved swimming in the sea from the jetties. The chairs around the pool are more comfortable than around the sunbathing jetties. We had delicious meals, lots of fresh fish , tomatoes and basil and fresh fruit. My husband appreciated the good wine list and the advice that we were given on the Ischia wines.

The concierge was more than helpful too.

The Spa is excellent. Dr. Antonio is the perfect gentleman and is there to advise on your personal issues. He helped me with my bad knee on advising the best treatments and it is run by an very friendly and helpful Constanza.

Room Tip: The Royal wing is modern and excellent and as I have already said I love having a room with a view o...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank judy011
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We were in Ischia for a conference and this was the conference hotel. Wow! It was such a beautiful location and a spotless, beautiful hotel, we couldn't have been more pleased. Our room was on the 5 th floor of the Royal wing, and although it was a bit confusing having to take 2 different elevators and a maze of hallways to get there, once we were in our room, it was worth it. We had 2 balconies overlooking the sea, a huge room with a king size bed, two chairs, a desk, a make up table with mirror, 2 bedside tables with lamps, 2 other lamps, a fully stocked minibar, 2 closets with drawers and hanging space...and 2 bathrooms. We felt like royalty, for sure.

The staff was so helpful, even sending a tech guy to the room with a router when we couldn't get a good wi-fi signal, and going with me to set up an appointment at the spa to be sure I found an English speaking attendant to help me plan my treatment. The included breakfast was extensive with fruits, cereals, breads, cold cuts and cheeses, and you could order eggs, bacon, etc. off the menu as well.

The pool area was well maintained and staffed, with a salt water pool, several sunbathing jetties with lounges and umbrellas and steps into the sea, and even a beach. I loved using all the facilities.
If given the chance, I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Get the Royal wing for the best rooms and views.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank ArizonaMomcat
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Nice hotel and beautiful location BUT ... don't choose it if you are travelling for business.
The hotel is nice, even though not comparable to other 5 star Luxury hotels I stayed at. The location is really beautiful, and the view from the room can be gorgeous (view of the sea and the village, which during the night can be very romantic). During the day my room became very noisy, because of the people and kids screaming while jumping into the water (I love this when I travel with family; it can be problematic if I have business phone calls or need to work). It can be very disturbing also if you choose the hotel for its thermal facilities and relax.
The rooms are average, considering the level of the hotel. They are comfortable and clean, but there is not a desk (not even the space for a desk) if you need to use your computer. I had to use the TV stand. The WIFI connection is ridiculous, you just cannot use it because after few minutes the connection drops off and you have troubles reconnecting (this cannot happen in an hotel of this level). If I did not have my wireless device I could have had big work-related problems. I read that other guests, in different periods, had the same problem, so this really is something not due to special technical circumstances. A strong suggestion for the hotel management: "fix it, it is easy and cheap".
The service is ok, but you do not feel that I-care-about-you- type of atmosphere that is typical (and requested) at luxury hotels. Food is good (I did not try their special restaurant for dinners).
Hope this is useful
AM

Room Tip: I think there are areas of the hotel where the rooms are quieter - not sure if you can have the same...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
4 mi away
Miramare e Castello Hotel
Hotel Le Querce Terme & Spa
Garden & Villas Resort

Been to L'Albergo della Regina Isabella? Share your experiences!