“our favourite”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2014

lovely staff and owner and chef - best for seafood but are veggie and meat options too including steak and a sausage dish. the tomato pasta was to die for. we kept going back here for the good food and good atmosphere.

1  Thank clairelowrie

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Slightly nervous where to eat after reading our TimeOut guide that Lacco Ameno restaurants are very hit and miss so was wonderfully surprised to find this restaurant with its extremely friendly staff who could not have done more to satisfy our requirements (suggesting meal options off menu to suit my dietary requirements) and the 'grandmothers recipe' dessert was one of the best we have eaten.

I would definitely recommend this family owned restaurant for the experience, service, quality and price :)

1  Thank SCH83
Reviewed 22 October 2013

It was nice but I think I expected better based on some the reviews and it was quite expensive compared to other meals I had on Ischia. I felt like I was paying tourist prices and it was at least twice the cost of other restaurants I had regularly visited. But if you are on holiday and are happy to push the boat out a bit then I can't fault the service which was very pleasant and they had items on the menu that were bit different than other more traditional restaurants. Overall it was fine for me, just not outstanding.
(PS I think the map on the tripadvisor shows it in the wrong location. It is closer to the beaches and the busier part of town so don't try following the tripadvisor map or you'll end up walking out on the road to Negombo like I did)

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Nice location,good looking,but the worst food what I've ever had in italy.The waitress, nice, speak English, but not enough to make me forget that I had to wait for the food for more than an hour, And than I was not able to eat it. It was a simple pasta with eggplant and Tomato,I thought this can not mess up, but I was wrong.I was so hungry and so I stayed.I do not recommend for tourists!But on the other side of the street is a small family restaurant, the name o padrone do mare, I recommend to everyone. the opposite of this restaurant.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Luck was on my side this summer when I discovered the Cantina del Mare. Perfectly located in the center of Lacco Ameno, I found myself returning several times a week to this intimate spot to feast on the delectable creations of chef Pierpaolo. It is here that freshness reigns supreme -- simple, seasonal, elegant ingredients entirely harvested locally that Pierpaolo masterfully prepares into meals to remember. I delighted in octopus with braised tomatoes with a hint of hot red pepper, crostini with black truffles (truly wow), mussels and clams...
Cantina del Mare has a beautiful wine selection, many of which are from local vineyards, that I enjoyed considerably. The setting is relaxed and welcoming and the staff wonderfully friendly--My server spoke perfect English and was incredibly patient with my broken Italian. I await my return to Ischia and look forward to the warm and authentic dining experience at Cantina del Mare.

1  Thank Paige B