“Nice food, but a bit expensive”
Review of Hotel La Sirenella

Hotel La Sirenella
Ranked #23 of 32 Restaurants in Lacco Ameno
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The waiters were all very kind, although service was slow. The restaurant is very big and food is nice. At the end we found it a bit too expensive.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I ate at several locations in the immediate area, what impressed me at the Sirenella was the level of attention I got especially since it was late at night. We ate spaghetti and clams and a pizza to die for. The owners chatted with us and wanted to make sure everything was fine. They made us feel very much at home. They also have a nice hotel above the restaurant. The best location in the area with their own private beach. A great place to go for our next vacation!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Not a great choice for food but pizza at 10 euros is fair given the waterside position and the lack of other options. Not best place for 'real food' dinners though. Service is rushed and no attention at all. Busy tourist approach common to many italian locations.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

I have been at this place already four times... and I always liked it. Friendly staff, good food, nice terrace right by the sea. Frankly, I saw all the bad reviews on tripadvisor, however I kept going there as it was always good, and I did not have a bad experience, until today... My 5th time in this place, I had a mixed grill plate (meat) which was listed in the menu for EUR 25 including potatoes and salad, and on the bill it shows up at EUR 35.... 10 Euros more, that the waiters explain with 'old prices' which is not even logical. OI course, I paid only EUR 25 but the point is that this is just rip off.

Disappointing like hell, I feel like being ripped off.... and besides this like an idiot. Thinking about the first 4 evenings there: Who would return even a 5th time if the owners are not even making a commercial gesture, like offering a digestif or a coffee for very good clients, just the little 'something'....?

It won't be a 6th time there - enough is enough. I recommend not to go!

1  Thank Prague2011TMO
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Wonderful, friendly staff at the restaurant who make you feel like family instantly! Located right on the beach with beautiful views.