“Warm welcome”

Ranked #2 of 32 Ischia B&B and Inns
Philadelphia, PA
“Warm welcome”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I would like to break my review down into two sections: the hostess and the hotel, as my impressions of the two were not the same. High marks to the hostess, "just OK" marks to the hotel.

First of all the hostess/owner, Anna, is really lovely. She gave us a very warm welcome and lots of great recommendations for what to see on the island. She made our stay very enjoyable, and even serves homemade tiramisu at breakfast - what a treat!

The B and B itself was nice enough. It's located in Ischia Ponte, just next to the castle. We had a lovely double room facing the street. The double glazed windows limited street noise, and the air conditioning worked well. I was, however, disappointed by a few things... The wifi was intermittent and extremely weak. Our bathroom sink did not drain properly. Our sheets and towels were never changed in our 4 night stay. We finally asked for fresh towels, and wouldn't have gotten any if we had not. Overall, everything was fine, but for the price, I would have expected more. If these kind of little things annoy you, I would recommend staying somewhere else. I might stay again, but only because Anna was so lovely.

Room Tip: I would recommend getting the front room with the balcony (I think it's the blue room), and not...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WineGirl72

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Korean first
California
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We recently stayed at Villa Lieta for 3 nights. I can't say enough good about our experience at this hotel. First of all, the location is ideal. Our room looked out over the water and had a small terrace with a few chairs where you could sit and watch the sun set and get a great view of the Castel Aragonese. The room was small but very clean. An ample breakfast is served upstairs on the terrace in the morning, with great views of the sea and a cool Mediterranean breeze blowing. Anna Buono, the proprietor, was an exceptionally gracious host. You can tell that she loves what she does; she loves to show travelers the island on which she was born and help people to experience the best of what the island has to offer.

Anna went out of her way to help us. Just after we arrived, when I went to open my suitcase, to my dismay, I discovered that there was a malfunction with the lock and I couldn't get it unlocked. Anna offered to take the suitcase over to the local hardware store and get it opened while we went out and toured the island. If she hadn't generously offered to help, we could have wasted many hours trying to figure out how to handle this situation.

Anna gave us great recommendations on where to eat and where to go while we were in Ischia. Right near the hotel, there are three great restaurants: Da Ciccio (right across the street), Al Pontile (right behind the restaurant), and Aglio, Oglio, e Pomodoro (right down the street). Anna maintains personal relationships with all the people at these restaurants and when you mention you are staying at Villa Lieta, you get extra good service. As an example of how Anna went out of her way to create a great experience for us, when we mentioned that one of the nights at the hotel was my husband's birthday, she put a bottle of Prosecco in the refrigerator us and made reservations at Al Pontile, notifying them that it was my husband's birthday. They gave us special aperitifs, birthday cake, digestifs, and one of the best seats in the house.

As far as Anna's recommendations for what to see, first she suggested touring the castle. The castle was much more beautiful and interesting that we even anticipated. Great views, art exhibits, music, chapels, restaurants. Our second day, we went to the Negombo thermal baths. What an amazing experience! Our third day, we visited Giardini la Mortella, fantastic botanical gardens with great views of Ischia and the surrounding sea.

I'd stay at this place over and over again if I could. Everything about it was ideal.

Room Tip: We stayed in the blue room overlooking the water. I see that there is a suite upstairs which has a...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nancy55
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Went there last summer(August 2013) with my wife while she was 10 mths pregnant :)
Where to begin....I could hardly imagine a better overall accommodation in Ischia and believe me I always do my homework before I book as we are kind of picky people.
What we like: rooms and cleanliness (well sized rooms, very clean, all facilities, cleaned every day, spotless!, cosy and very comfy - I would say it would easily match a 4 or even 5 star hotel from this point of view!), services (Anna the owner, one of the most friendly and kind persons ever, always present, great tips to the island, activities, places to see and things to do, very friendly and kind, and a person that you could hardly find as a host these days!), breakfast on the roof terrace is incredible with all nice morning views, delicious home made cookies (made by Anna's mom:) great coffee etc etc, location (fantastic views to the bay and the castle, very close to the beach).
One minor issue - note this is not due to the villa or the owner ! - cell phone signal in our room, not always present, but then again this is not an issue at all for us but thought it is worth mentioning.
We had a fantastic time at Anna's Villa Lieta and would definitely recommend this as a hidden gem, great place to spend a very good quality time in Ischia!would for sure come back! Thank you Anna for everything!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cornel_Bucharest
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Villa Lieta is truly as wonderful as all the reviews here say. I stayed for two nights with a friend in April 2014 and now wish I had stayed much longer.

The good service started before I even arrived. When I booked the room I made a mistake in the booking. I sent Villa Lieta an E-mail and Anna corrected the problem right away. Before we arrived, Anna sent me a friendly E-mail giving directions on how to reach the property.

Villa Lieta is in an old, well-maintained building in what (in my opinion) is the most beautiful part of Ischia, Ischa Ponte. The dramatic view from the breakfast terrace of the town, the Bay of Naples and the castle is like something from a movie and is the most amazing view of any hotel I have ever stayed in. The rooms are all well furnished, very modern and very clean. The breakfast is generous and delicious. Some of the island's restaurants are literally just steps away from the front door. And last but not least, Anna, the owner, was so friendly and helpful that you really feel very welcome.

I highly recommend Villa Lieta for anyone wanting a truly unforgettable stay on Ischia - I hope to return some day.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Berliner10405
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 29 October 2013

When we read a news story that Angela Merkel,Chancellor of Germany vacations on Ischia, We said this was a place to review. Researching we read about a small B&B, Villa Lieta. What a gem!
What a memorable stay. Anna and her assistant, work very hard but with such ease they make you feel your their only guest . All the rooms and common areas were renovated a few years ago.
The rooms are good size and spotless with AC and a refrigerator. Breakfast is served on the upstairs terrace with a spectacular water view as well as the Castello Aragonese. In the morning, you can watch the fisherman selling their over night catches to the residents.
What a wonderful way to end a 3 week trip in Italy.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ojohn70
england
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We stayed at Villa lieta 9/9/13 to 12/9/13.
Anna was an exceptional host with helpful map,recommendations for our short visit and beautiful accommodation with lovely rooms air conditioned en suite and immaculately clean.
Breakfast was served on the roof terrace and an extensive choice with fresh fruit,yogurt muesli and even the beautiful baby mozzarella and smoked hams. A greats selection also of breads and preserves better than a lot of hotels I have stayed in.
Make sure to eat in the restaurant opposite Ciccio and the food was some of the best I have tasted in Italy but book a table to make sure you get in.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dublin
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Villa Lieta for 5 nights. It is a B&B on a lovely street a stones throw from the Castle. The room was lovely with air con and a fab shower. Breakfast on the roof terrace was fab each morning and Annas tip for exploring the Island were brilliant. A home away from home......loved it.

• Stayed August 2013