Hotel Giardino delle Ninfe e La Fenice
US$245
US$303
US$503
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We were accommodated in La Fenice (part of the hotel situated higher on the hill, you have to go up the stairs), there is fantastic view to Aragon Castle and nearby islands.
Hotel staff is very kind, helpful and friendly.
Our room was nice and cleaned daily incl. towels change. Quite small bathroom.
Food is partly local and partly international, but always very tasty and prepared from fresh ingredients. Very varied breakfast.
The hotel has its own beach accessible by stairs from the garden with thermal pools. The garden it´s really relaxing place, there are grown trees under which you can find shadow even in noon (many chairs around the garden). Thermal pools are not only pools, it were designed interestingly (as volcano, small waterfall etc.).
Advantage - bus stop in front of the hotel and Ischia Porto center not more than 10 minutes.
(Aragon Castle is within walking distance.)

Room Tip: Great view from La Fenice.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank Simona S
Reviewed 20 June 2012

You feel like you are home. Hotel is run by family. Hotel is situated on the hill, from where you can see Castello Aragonese. The public transport station is almost at the hotel entrance, so it's very convenient. The room itself was very small, but it's enough. In the garden, during my stay, there were a lot of blooming roses and lemon on the trees, really nice country view.
The wi - fi is 3 euro for 1h.
The beach - very small, but view from there - fantastic.
Recommended hotel for cosy, Italian country holidays.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank spyglyte
Reviewed 9 June 2012

the hotel is at cartaromana beach where the views are amazing but you need to walk a lot and I do not recomend it for disable people
also the mineral water is different from the western part - its more mineraliuzed and you can stay only for 15-20 min in pool
the hotel has a swimming pool which was not open when I was there /september/ and there are about 5 more pools with mineral water in a beautuful old garden, all together making a perfect SPA zone
I had partial sea view to the blue blue sea and a big balkony, all rooms are like this
the beach is small and you need to go down to it, which is ok, but going back is a desaster

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank rumiana1951
Reviewed 14 April 2012

The hotel itself is situated where there is a lovely view of Castello Aragonese. Its at the end of a street, near 3 other hotels, and parking is limited to the turn around area. But you don't really need a car, because a public bus comes by at least every 15 mins or so. There hotel requires walk up stairs, so be warned if you require wheelchair access. The air was still cool, so the swimming pool was empty (a disappointment) but supposedly the thermal bath was open. We did not try it since we were there for other reasons. The room was very small but adequate. The terrace had plastic chairs/tables/loungers, but there really is no privacy since your lounging neighbors can see right into your room unless you close your drapes (which then makes the room claustrophobic). The view from the terrace is okay, but if you climb up (yes, there are no stairs) you can go to another terrace where you can walk to the edge and see the glorious view. The furnishings were okay, the bed european hard. The shower was very tight, but water pressure was okay. I did use the spa facilities, but the water in the indoor bath seemed grungy. The massage was okay, but I waited for a while in the very cold lobby before the one "doctore" could see me. We had half board: the breakfast was just okay, nothing to write home about. Dinner was better, but not exceptional. We ordered just a red wine for dinner which was terrific, but later found out that it came with a "terrific" price of 30euros. Be warned, the walls are paper thin. I could hear our neighbor snoring all night so loudly that I initially thought it was my husband! I only realized that it wasn't him after I had hit him and he answered me, wide awake, himself unable to sleep because of the snoring.

The staff were friendly and they provided maps and information. The husband/wife do not speak much English, but their daughter does and was on hand for most of our translation needs. All in all, an okay stay, but I will likely try another hotel when I return to Ischia.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank TandCfromHawaii
Reviewed 26 November 2011

Without doubt, the worst hotel in Italy - and beyond! My partner and I booked a holiday at this hotel for the therapeutic waters and health spa in the hotel's grounds for my very painful back following a prolapsed disc injury. Unfortunately the hotel mattresses were so appallingly hard that I couldn't even sit on the bed for 2 minutes let alone sleep in it. We asked to change the mattresses of our 'double bed' in the superior room (which were 2 individual mattresses of differing heights pushed together!), but the alternatives they brought were either further concrete-filled ones or as soft as an overripe banana (and shaped to match when you sat on it!). We explained to the owner that if they couldn't provide standard orthopaedic quality mattresses, we simply couldn't stay there. (I knew neither my girlfriend or I would have been able to walk if we'd spent a single night there). The owner turned into an absolute ogre and was so rude and offensive she even made my partner cry. She screamed at us in Italian saying that the beds were perfectly good enough. I am a professional musician touring internationally for 8 months of the year. Never before have I been presented with such a dreadful mattress in any hotel room I've ever stayed in (back injury or no back injury). We ended up having to call Booking.com to mediate the dispute (bilingual Federica from customer services was absolutely fantastic and very professional) and we finally came to an agreement whereby we paid 2 nights (300 euros) rather than the whole week as the owner had demanded. We didn't spend a single night there needless to say and it was the most dreadful start to any trip we have ever had. The fact that no-one spoke any English didn't help the matter, and the fact that the mosquitos ravaged us in the hour we spent there also didn't leave the most pleasant of mementoes. We had to leave in the dark with nowhere to stay and 300 euros down, but we wouldn't have spent another moment there even if THEY had paid US! Also be aware that the loungers around the grounds are very grubby and have no mattresses, and the decor is incredibly dated. Think Bavarian old-style with plastic chairs and plastic flowers to match. All in all a gloomy hotel, with a nasty and aggressive matriarch at the head with absolutely no concern for the health or wellbeing of her guests. Avoid this hotel at all costs - unless you're doing penance - as the costs could be very high, financially and osteopathically! As her piece de resistance, the owner also tried to make Booking.com prohibit us from writing a review - a condition of our dispute resolution which thankfully they were democratic enough to refuse. It is worth remembering that once you've paid in full, you are not legally entitled to break that booking contract, even if (as was our case with the beds) the facilities are not of an adequate standard.

Room Tip: Note that the superior double with sea view and terrace has a great view but the 'private' terraces have absolutely no privacy as they are divided from the neighbours with a thin wire.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple