It was a great stay and experience.
Rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable. Bathrooms were big, clean and up to an American's standards for plumbing and functionality. All what you'd expect from a top hotel.
But what really sells this place is:
1) the staff are super friendly and helpful. Some of the nicest people around. You will have made real friends with them by the end of your stay.
2) the food. I wish I ate there more often because the food was great. We ate outside the hotel most of the time because this was our first trip to ischia and we wanted to experience as much as possible. We did not have any meal,on this island that was less than superb. I was fully expecting the food at the hotel to be so so hotel food, I was wrong. The chef is actually well known on the island that the food was as good if not better than anything you can get elsewhere on the island. The hotel rest doesn't have the views that some of the island restos have but the food is excellent. The antipasto buffet (again something I expected to be avg) was excellent. I hate calling it a buffet. It was more like eating at a family style table at your Italian grandmothers house. If you want to eat off prop, go no further than the pvt beach 5 steps away to Zi Nannina. Excellent place perched on the water with killer views and prob the best food on the island.
3) the bar. Drinks are served on a veranda overlooking the pool. It's facing the sea but you can't really see it. But Bruno and Rafaelle make fantastic cocktails. They are both older guys that have an old school, play it again sam kind of feel about them. Real old school mixologist stuff, these guys are craftsmen. Everything from retro cocktails, to modern specialty cocktails to their own creation. After a while, Bruno knew us well enough to surprise us with his own creations ... All on the money. We were there every night for a pre dinner drink and a nightcap afterwards.
4) the location. Minutes away from the port, 100 feet from the pvt beach, short walk to the castle and a quick cab ride to anywhere on the island. There was always a line of cabs waiting out from whenever you needed one.
Definitely recommended, great experience and a beautifully landscaped property.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Jet2Holidays , Agoda, Priceline, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Il Moresco Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Moresco Ischia
- Hotel Il Moresco