All reviewswonderful hotelprivate beachunforgettable staydressing roomturn down servicepool areabefore dinnerbeautiful islandbars and restaurantsbay of naplesfresh fruitenjoyed our stayalessandrowaitersterraceseaspa
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I recently stayed here for 6 nights and it was truly the most wonderful hotel we've ever stayed at.

We were greeted with fresh flowers and a bottle of champagne in our room, which was large and clean. We had a sea view room which also provides a room of the pool and terrace. In our room (324) we could hear the piano player begin playing before dinner each night at 7 ish, which was lovely.

The hotel had a great mix of people; some traveling alone, family groups and a few young families. I would say it is generally an older crowd.

I found the atmosphere to be very high end service, but with out any snobbery or pressure on the guest. For example, at breakfast, I would always get more than I could easily carry and the waiters would rush over to help me with toast or whatever.

We did get massages outside by the garden. I found the prices to be very reasonable here for the spa (60 euro for a massage) and wish I had done more.

Positives:
- the hotel is generally super friendly. From the staff to the guests. We were Americans in Europe for two weeks and only here did we meet people to dine and have drinks with. Alessandro and Enzo are particularly wonderful staff members, lovely to chat with.
- special touches abound! We spent a lot of time by the pool and gratis fresh fruit was brought out each day. A special "thank you" treat was left on our last day. Chocolate on pillows happens at turndown.
- the location was close to Ischia shopping and many bars and restaurants.
- I had a particular request to watch a movie that had been filmed on the island and they were able to get the movie for us to play in our room. Above and beyond.
- the restaurant is wonderful. Dinner and breakfast are both treats. We had breakfast included each day and ate dinner at the hotel twice. Was lovely but I don't think I would do dinner each night as it was a lot of food.

This is really the sort of place you could come and never leave the hotel, honestly.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren L
Reviewed 18 June 2017

I had a lovely stay here, great location close to restaurants and shops and marina. All of the staff in all departments were excellent. Breakfast was lovely, private beach just across a small path and a lovely pool area. Very relaxing break.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 May 2017

The Grand Hotel Excelsior was everything we could have dreamed of, and then so much more. I can honestly say I've never been more relaxed or treated with such genuine hospitality. The service from the moment we booked (via booking.com) was impeccable. We were contacted immediately from the hotel itself, and the staff coordinated all logistics in advance including a free shuttle from the port to/from the hotel, all the way down to the details of soft/hard pillow preference. And add the beauty of the resort and Ischia itself, and you have a winning recipe for pure delight. Everyone from Alessandro (owner/manager) to Giuseppe and Maurizio (restaurant team) were so pleasant and absolutely made our stay perfect. Our spa experience was ideal - from salt scrubs to hot stone massages. We could not have asked for anything better. We will be back, and back again and again. Grazie mille! Tracey & Tony

Room Tip: The sea view from the junior suites was stunning
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tracey S
Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

Very nice hotel with a gorgeous pool area. Many thanks to Valerio for looking after restaurant reservation for such a large group. Our numbers for dinner kept changing and he had immense patience in continually calling the restaurant to change the numbers.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2016

came here for 4 nights through work & was upgraded to a sea view room. views were incredible, service amazing, staff so polite and professional nothing was too much trouble. food was out of this world, drinks very reasonable for such a high standard of property.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple