I have so much to say about my holiday it was fantastic.
I arrived in Sant Angelo and used the luggage service golf buggy for myself and my luggage it cost 7 euro, but well worth it as there is no way you could get to the hotel walking with luggage .
On the journey up to the Loreley I thought "oh no what have I done ?" it felt a very long way and in the middle of no where but that is not the case at all . very close by is a fantastic Restaurant/hotel Casa Eugenio and a little shop that has superb fruit .
Hotel Loreley is close to many beaches and thermal spas that you can walk to and walking down into Sant Angelo is not a problem , Hotel Loreley has a free golf buggy pick up service for coming back which is great . There was enough to do in Sant Angelo for our weeks stay and we only went into Forio one day because it had forecast rain .
The hotel itself has the most amazing views of Sant Angelo the sea ,the beaches and yachts that come and go (very expensive yachts large and small )
My room 39 was on the end of the corridor and had a small balcony that had a sea view, I had a patio table and 2 chairs and tied to the railings was a washing line and pegs which were very useful . The room was very quiet and thankfully the bed was very comfortable and the pillows were very comfortable too (my friends were less so in her room) This to me was the most important part getting a good nights sleep.
The air conditioner was on a timer I think as I couldnt seem to get it to run all through the night but this didnt bother me at all , the hotel had provided it the rooms mosquito plug ins so I suppose you could have the doors to the balcony open if you needed this .
The decor in the hotel is very dated and shabby in places but This did not effect my enjoyment at all as the hotel was very clean and to me that was more important .
The spa pool was lovely it was great being able to walk straight in without the cold shock of normal pools you do need to wear a swimming hat or as I did the shower cap I found it the bathroom , the hotel provides toweling bathrobes in your rooms which again was great for when you got out of the water and for walking back to your rooms.
My friends and I stayed half board and each had a double room for solo use which was great.
The food at the evening buffet was plentiful and We were usually filled just by this , other courses were somewhat hit and miss for our personal tastes .
Breakfast was disappointing in that the choice was limited and fruit was from a tin not fresh but sitting at the outdoor terrace with the sea views was amazing.
As a totally non Italian speaker I was slightly worried being in Sant Angelo but the staff at the Loreley had enough English and where it got a bit difficult we used gestures and I wrote things down so no issues there.
All the staff were very friendly and helpful. You could organize any trips or excursions through the hotel which was very useful.
overall my stay in Sant Angelo and Hotel Loreley was fantastic and I am hoping to return in 2016.
Oh just to add wifi is also free and you can use it in various areas of the hotel sometimes it was hit and miss but being free was great, you also have a safe in your room which again is free.
Alcohol prices were also reasonable .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Loreley is pleased to welcome you to Sant'Angelo on the island of Ischia. Nestled in a peaceful oasis, in the heart of a picturesque fishing village, it is the ideal place to spend a holiday of absolute relaxation and wellness. In this little corner of paradise, you will be enchanted by a typical Mediterranean architecture, characterized by colourful pastel houses leaning against each other, which are distributed along the streets of the village, where the circulation of cars is totally prohibited. With a stunning view of the village and the enchanting bay of Maronti, the longest beach on the island of Ischia, the Hotel Loreley offers guests the opportunity to spend unforgettable moments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, ACCOR, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Priceline, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Loreley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loreley Hotel Sant Angelo
- Hotel Loreley Isola D'Ischia, Italy