“Great B&B excellent location!!”

Villa Margherita by the Sea
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Levanto
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I don't usually write reviews but was so impressed with my stay that I felt I should write one.
My husband and I stayed for five nights last November at Villa Margherita to celebrate my birthday.The beds were very comfortable ,the setting was perfect and the service was exceptional.
We both agreed it was one of the nicest B &B we have ever stayed in. Thank you to all the staff at the Villa Margherita.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Olivia G
There are newer reviews for Villa Margherita by the Sea

Reviewed 30 January 2014

A very clean and relaxing place to stay ,the perfect location in Levanto. My husband and I stayed in room n.4 for our honeymoon.Very nice people at the front desk with helpful and sincere suggestions of great restaurants and things to do. The beds are very comfortable.
Thank you Paola and Mario , we'll see you again!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Beautifully situated hotel, spacious room with garden view. The hotel is very well run, the staff discreet but ever present if needed. The decoration is tasteful, beautiful tiling in the rooms. The dining room for breakfast is a delight and it would be difficult to fault the breakfast, especially copious cups of hot, strong coffee. Close to everything but really quite,private parking.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I spend a week in Levanto last Italian summer (late August) and I ended up for few nights at Villa Margherita.
Initially I was a bit skeptical as I'm used to stay at top level hotels..
Anyway I had really great time here..despite being a kind of B&B, this place offers every kind of service..the rooms are quite spacious, the food is delicious, hosts are reallly kind and proactive to support and help you with every kind of advice.

The garden is really quiet and relaxing..the atmosphere really friendly..
I really loved Levanto, but in that period was pretty overcrowded..and I was luck enough to stay in a place really quiet as well as close to the centre of the village.
Moreover I was positively surprised by the advices provided by the hosts..
they are fully aware of what tourists are after and how to satisfy to their needs..
Thanks to these tips we had a couple of amazig days on the cinque terre..ending up in fabulous restaurant and breathtaking spots...
Furthermore the ratio between quality and price is really good
I would highly recommend this place

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 December 2013

My husband, his parents and I stayed at Villa Margherita in 2008 and I still have wonderful memories of our visit. I remember strolling in the garden and picking kumquats right off the trees and popping them in my mouth! The rooms are lovely and roomy, the breakfasts were delicious and the hosts were very welcoming. We loved strolling through the beautiful, ancient town of Levanto and dining in the family owned restaurants. I even took a dip in the sea in the middle of October. We hope to return one day.

Doug & Linda Rhea
Weldon & Sue Rhea

Room Tip: We chose the corner suite and loved it. Lots of sun with beautiful views.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Linda N
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Our first view of our room was a little disappointing. There's no hint of luxury here and the best thing was the French doors (double glazed) that opened to the balcony with a narrow view of the sea. But we came to like the place for it's elevated location away from the noise of the town, the excellent breakfast (not cooked but big variety), the cleanliness and the niceness of the staff and their willingness to oblige. We paid a very reasonable rate and enjoyed our stay. The villa has a charming tiled stairway with iron balustrade, a nice breakfast area and a delightful outdoor living space. The interior guest sitting area was occupied at night by the owners' elderly parents who to their credit always offered us the remote control. With limited English and us having no Italian we left them to watch their Italian TV and retreated to the mini set in our room. Feels a bit like home stay accommodation in many ways and the parents could not have been nicer.

Room Tip: Ask to view available rooms first to choose best.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Off street parking, easy walk to train and beach,very nice gardens and nice hard bed, very friendly service with a good breakfast. Room was small but clean and straight. Good base to visit the other villages by train.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple