Very charming hotel with spacious and clean rooms. The personnel is very friendly. The location is not ideally: about 2 kms from the city center of Levanto without restaurants or shops close to the hotel. There is a shuttle service from the hotel which is very convenient to get to the city or the railway station, but it is not for free. In the city itself you have to pay to park your car. The pool area is larger then how it appears on the pictures and offers a great view on the valley.
Although the hotel is rated as four stars, there are a few minus points that do not match this status:
- The restaurant is only open for breakfast (only cold, but nice choice) and on 6 evenings a week for a light dinner (cold + one pasta and one veggie choice); no lunch possibilities near the pool side. So you are kind of forced to leave the hotel and take the shuttle or car to have lunch/dinner. The quality of the food is good.
- Some bathroom essentials were missing upon arrival (no soap !)
- The hotel forces you to save electricity in a rigoruous, almost ridiculous way: the airco stops whenever you open a door or window (even to let somebody in); the "electricity key" is welded to the door key, so if you need to lock or unlock the door, you're in the dark....
- Don't put the Wifi router too close to the TV set, because it interferes; took us a few days to figure this out.
- Walls and floors are not well isolated; you can hear undesirable noise.
As a summary: it's a very nice hotel for a couple of days to visit Cinque Terre, but not the best choice for a longer stay when you might want to relax in the hotel.
And ... it's not a cheap hotel if you consider the distance to Levanto and the above shortcomings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Levanto, the door to the Cinque Terre, Hotel Al Terra di Mare recalls a small Ligurian village, surrounded by silence of vineyards and olive-trees. The hotel is designed as a typical village and the rooms have an independent entrance on picturesque alleyways leading to the Piazzetta, a panoramic terrace overlooking the valley and the sea where the bar is located (with free WiFi). The rooms are spacious and tastefully decorated, have free internet access (Wi-Fi and cable), air conditioning, minibar and private bathroom with shower. Some rooms overlook the narrow streets, others have panoramic views over the valley or the sea, and some have balconies or terraces. In summer you can enjoy a beautiful outdoor pool where drinks and ice creams are available in the cool shade of the pines. Breakfast is served on a nice terrace overlooking the sea, it offers a rich buffet of fresh and local products.The hotel has free parking, a garage, a shuttle service to the beach, the center and the train station (2 km away). Using solar energy with photovoltaic and solar panels, installed on the roofs, the hotel meets most of its energy needs fully respecting the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Al Terra di Mare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Al Terra Di Mare Hotel