“Cooking class was the highlight of our trip!”
Review of Flavor of Italy

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Riano
Flavor of Italy
Ranked #2 of 2 Riano B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 August 2008

My husband and I (along with our 11 month old daughter) took a cooking class with Wendy in August in her home, we had such a wonderful time! We were staying in Rome, so jumped on the Metro and met her at the Cipro station. From there she took us to a wonderful cheese and prosciutto shop where we sampled a few of the local delicacies, and we even bought some to take home with us. Then it was off to a local market where we bought a few things to add to our menu. After the market, she took us back to her home where we cooked amazing dishes from stuffed zucchini flowers to homemade potato gnocchi. We even had time to take a dip in her pool to cool off from the summer heat. Wendy and Mo were so accommodating and offered to help us design our itinerary during our visit to Italy. They even helped make dinner reservations when we got back to Rome. It was such a great day, and we tell everyone that it was the highlight of our 10 day trip to Italy. If it weren't for our non-refundable hotel requirement, we would've easily cancelled our hotel in Rome and stayed at her B&B. You definitely feel like family when you're there!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank luv-the-vacations

Reviewed 25 July 2008

I recently spent five days at Flavor of Italy B&B with my three kids. Wendy and Mo couldn't have been more gracious, caring or helpful! To start with, we arrived with my brother, his wife, and their two kids, who were going to spend a night in a hotel near FCO airport, as they were leaving the next day. Wendy took us to our apartment and showed us that there was enough room for my brother's family to stay with us, and then she took the time to cancel his hotel reservation for him, thus saving him about 200 Euros! She arranged a driver to get my brother's family to the airport the next morning as well.

The second day we were there, my son became ill with an earache. Within ten minutes, Wendy had us up the street to see her friend who is a physician. My son was examined, and given two prescriptions, and Wendy's friend refused payment for the visit. We were so very lucky to be in Wendy's care when my son needed help -- if we'd been at a hotel, I'm sure it would have been hours and hours in an emergency room, plus a huge bill.

The property itself is absolutely beautiful. Our accomodations were spacious, with a beautiful modern bathroom, and a door leading right out to the pool! The only suggestion I could make is to install ceiling fans, as the room did get warm sometimes (of course, we were there in July, when it's incredibly hot out).

I can't wait to go back. I was made to feel like Wendy and Mo were my friends, as we chatted about everything under the sun. They had great suggestions about stuff to do, places to visit, and the like.

Go. Enjoy. I promise you won't regret it!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2007

Flavor of Italy stands out from the crowd.......Wendy's approach to customer service is the best I have ever experienced. We truely felt like part of her family. She took the time to make sure we had train reservations (even drove us to the station) to Florence, had a great recommendation on a quaint hotel in Tuscany (we changed our original reservation, and so glad we did), wineries to visit in the Brunello region, restaurants to visit in the Tuscany region, she wanted to make sure our visit to Italy was organized and everyday was enjoyed.........The property was so clean, comfortable & spacious......the view from our room at sunrise was spectacular. My husband Loved her coffee, she even warmed up the milk to go in it. The Kitchen we ate breakfast in - and ate dinner in is so cozy & warm. This was my first vacation away from our 3 year old, so I was nervous & a little homesick - Wendy made our trip to Italy so memorable, enjoyable and Personal.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank laurawatters
Reviewed 13 October 2007

We stayed at Flavor of Italy in July with our 3 young chilgren and my parents ( 7 of us), and it was even better than we had imagined: the best of both worlds! We were 25 min. away from Rome in a beautiful, picturesque, charming retreat in the countryside. We felt like we were coming home after our adventures in the city, always welcomed by our hosts, who went out of their way to guide us and make our stay as comfortable as possible. Breakfast was a real treat with home-baked goods and local specialties. We often fondly recall our stay and would return there again without hesitation!

Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed 10 April 2007

We decided to spend Easter in Italy this year and our base was the Flavor of Italy B&B in Rome. It was just perfect for our family! The B&B is so pretty with lots of flowers all around. The weather was perfect too, nice and warm and sunny.
Owners Wendy and Mo helped us organize some wonderful day trips. We went to some nearby towns in Umbria including Gubbio and Assisi. In each town we managed to attend different Easter masses. What a special experience! In each town Wendy and Mo had made reservations for us at great restaurants. They know where to find great spots everywhere! The days we were in Rome we did a lot of museums and I strongly recommend the Galleria Borghese. It's amazing! A few afternoons we sat by the B&B pool as the weather was so warm, although still too cold to swim.
I highly recommend this B&B due to its prime location and helpful, knowledgeable owners!

Stayed: April 2007
Reviewed 18 March 2007

Flavor of Italy was an amazing place to stay...it is in the countryside of Rome, in a little town called Riano, but it is super easy to get into town with a helpful ride from the proprietors to the local train station and then a quick ride into town which drops you off right at Piazza del Popollo at top of Via del Corso, two major attractions of Rome. In Piazza del Popollo there is a tiny church that has famous Bernini statues which most of us now recognize as artworks in the famed book "Angels and Demons" by Dan Brown. I loved staying in the country side just out of Rome because the noise and high prices of the city don't exist out there. Breakfast was always ready when we got up and the owners were eager to help us plan our days of sightseeing in town, or relaxing at the house. We choose to have a few dinners at home and the owner Wendy is an amazing cook, and you can actually pick up a few tips about Italian cooking to take home and practice. We took a day trip to Tuscany to a tiny town called Montalcino which is famous for making Brunello, a type of red wine. We also made an overnight stay on the Almalfi coast in Positano. Our entire trip was planned by Wendy and all the travel arrangements were made by her, and the recommendations were awesome, we had a great time! When I return to Rome, I will definitely return to Flavor of Italy.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2007

In February, my daughter and I toured around Italy. When we arrived in Rome, we chose the Flavor of Italy BandB as it seemed the perfect solution for us. We were immediately taken aback by the beautiful surroundings of the BandB and the warm and friendly atmosphere. My daughter and I both love walks and the countryside surrounding us was perfect. Every morning we were served a luscious breakfast, during which the owners were extremely hospitable and sat with us and the other guests and helped us plan an itinerary for our travels. Both the times we went into Rome we were provided with travel to the nearest train station five minutes away. The train ride itself is about fifteen minutes. Our room was spacious and clean, with a breath-taking view of the hillside and greenery surrounding us. We will definitely visit again.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled with family