All reviews farm animals family run base for exploring spent nights olive oil eva inspiring vineyards property puglia wifi cheese
Reviewed 14 July 2018

I am really surprised to read some of the reviews here and one critical of the food. I am enormously interested in food and Italian in particular and it was incredibly good, fantastic range, local organic produce but mostly produced by them, which is amazing, that is exactly what I wanted. They could not have done more to cater for me/us.
I went to meet friends who rented a little villa, part of the property about five minutes from the masseria. I wanted a couple of days before I met my friends, busy London life and I needed a bit of adjustment time, some pool time and good eating, rest. This I got in abundance, staying as a single female for a couple of days I was made very, very welcome, beautiful (perfect) room, they went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable in the restaurant but were not intrusive (difficult balance).
Everyone was friendly and it was almost like they anticipated your needs, I can't begin to tell you what a magical experience I had here.
They produce their own honey, their own olive oil, they make their own cheese and grow their own vegetables and fruit, we sat under a canopy of kiwi fruit one lunch time.
Don't get me started on the figs or the pears, I am feeling a bit raw and sad writing this as I only got back last night and I miss so much about this place.
The staff are lovely but there is a lovely culture, Eva (like a Puglia angel) and Guiseppe are so laid back but attentive, I don't know how you even do that. And of the record, the staff talk about them, they say that they are so nice to work for, just mention what lovely people they are and that they are happy in their work, that is quite special I think.
And I've come back thinking I should be a bit more like this, they are inspiring people.
Look, I don't want you to go, I don't want anyone to go, I want it to be my secret but really, this place is, to me, perfect. I felt like it was teaching me how to live.
I think I will try and go here for the rest of my life.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kirsty M
Reviewed 1 July 2018

Great for family holiday, we enjoyed the lovely setting and great location, but the food was disappointing. We were surprised with the quality of the food served at dinner. It was very plain, with very small portion sizes, we also thought it was expensive when compared to all the wonderful restaurants we ate in in the surrounding towns. We felt that it lacked the Puglian generosity we encountered everywhere else, we ate in (Terre Madre, Alberobello) to name but one. We would have eaten more often at Torricella if the food had been better. That said it is well kept & clean if a little sparse.

Room Tip: Balcony / terrace makes a huge difference - overlooking the pool as it has the best views
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Stunning location, we had a mini apartment (fully furnished and of a very good quality) on top of the hill, wildlife, breathing views, what more. The main complex is 5 minutes drive or 10 minutes walk through their own woods. There you'll find a modern pool, a shop and a lovely restaurant. Peace and tranquility with great food and amazing wines.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank giulio c
Reviewed 5 June 2018

From the moment we pulled up the welcoming drive, we entered paradise! We checked in and explored the nature path that offers beautiful panoramic views, followed by a visit to the farm animals before relaxing by the pool with lovely Puglia wine and appetizers. The wine grapes are grown on the property without chemicals. It was our first time to Puglia, so we had a lot to see in four days. The location is central to all the top attractions in the area, yet we appreciated returning every evening to a delicious dinner prepared with local, organic ingredients. The onsite spa was a pleasant surprise too, especially on the one rainy day. This was one of our top travel experiences to date, and look forward to returning soon. Thank you for your exceptional hospitality!

Room Tip: We only saw the room we stayed in, and it was roomy and comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barolo2012
Reviewed 11 May 2018

We stayed only one night in May 2018 in Masseria Torricella. Really top. Food, room, service, hospitality, location etc. What a positeve experience after some less positive experiences at other Agriturismo sites.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple